Blue Hose @ Canes - Game 1 - 7pm ACCNX

Advertisement
I don't see Perez leaving after 1 year as a starter. It all depends on if/where he is drafted. That's pretty much the case for Kayfus and Pitelli as well in my opinion.

I think Kayfus and Pitelli would benefit from another year. They both could improve their draft stock with improved power numbers at the plate that we're starting to see. Plus Dom needs to show he's a +.300 hitter. He's starting to hit to all fields and is hitting the curveball which he had looked awful most of his career against offspeed pitches. His average will improve with a more mature approach at the plate.
LMAO there is ZERO chance Kayfus come back.

Well, we had 2 opportunities this year, but Gino pulled both players before they could have a chance.
1683339261801.gif

Advertisement
LMAO there is ZERO chance Kayfus come back.
So, if he were drafted in the last round he would sign? Walters came back. Who would have thought that before last year's draft?

Signing as a junior isn't the same as it used to be. Perhaps CJ might even want to get his degree. I don't know. I don't know him, but I wouldn't think leaving after his junior year is a foregone conclusion.

Advertisement
I completely agree with that. I just don't know where he is slotted. He's not a prototypical 1B. That can be viewed as a plus or a minus. With his size, some scouts want to see versitiltalty of playing an outfied position.

I personally think he could be a Gold Glove at 1B. His hitting reminds me of Tino Martinez out of U of Tampa that played for the Yankees. Similar in stature, power, and plate maturity.

Last edited:
I completely agree with that. I just don't know where he is slotted. He's not a prototypical 1B. That can be viewed as a plus or a minus. With his size, some scouts want to see versitiltalty of playing an outfied position.

I personally think he could be a Gold Glove at 1B. His hitting reminds me of Tino Martinez out of U of Tampa that played for they Yankees. Similar in stature, power, and plate maturity.
Tino Martinez without the steroids

Advertisement
He’s a top 100ish prospect (89 on the last list I saw - Levenson was 70 on that same list, btw). I guess it’s not a 0% chance, but a jr. that goes in the top 5 rounds signs way more often than not.
I didn't know he was a top 100 draft prospect. I was concerned how scouts viewed his slight stature and being a lead off hitter. He doesn't fit the prototypical 1B. I read where some scouts want to see him in the outfield. Good for CJ and Zack.

How are you guys streaming this game? I end up listening to the radio broadcast every time because when I go to watch through ESPN app it says no IP address found, same on my laptop. I have Directv Stream and ACC Network has Pitt softball on there right now.
Me too, I had to Uninstall and reinstall espn app.

Advertisement
Are you a scout?

You're completely missing the point. At what round would he not sign. That's the point.
It's not the round you mean, it's the $ amount. Brock Porter signed with Texas for $3,700,000 in the 4th round when his slot value was worth only $560,200. That's a bigger bonus than half of the 1st RD picks received. You'll also see some oddball lower round picks get 3 or 4x the amount their peers are getting. Zack and his handlers definitely have a price in mind, but most of these guys are eager to get the clock running on their pro career.

Dom Appreciation Post

With last night's monster game Pitelli is now:

3rd in hits
3rd in RBI
3rd in runs
3rd in total bases
1st in stolen bases
4th in batting average
4th in home runs
2nd in doubles
5th in OPS
6th in SLG
5th in walks
1st in games played
96% fielding

Dom Appreciation Post

With last night's monster game Pitelli is now:

3rd in hits
3rd in RBI
3rd in runs
3rd in total bases
1st in stolen bases
4th in batting average
4th in home runs
2nd in doubles
5th in OPS
6th in SLG
5th in walks
1st in games played
96% fielding
He went through a pretty large slump early in year too which makes those #’s even more impressive….. also hitting in the 9 hole for Most of the year

its on accnx network. maybe thats on your directstream... no ip usually mans your provider is showing it so u cant see it via espn
Wrong, I was able to watch just fine on the Roku Espn app. After reinstalling espn app on phone all was good. Disagree with that!!

Advertisement
Back