Blue-chip safety Bryce Fitzgerald says staying home would be his family’s “dream come true”

Advertisement
II am having trouble refinding it, but there was an interesting article this morning, about the safety released by SF, in which they discussed at length how the safety positon has become completely devalued in the NFL and how teams want toe spend the money elsewhere and are content on mid level guys to 3-5 years. It is the RB of the defense. The story is located at the MSN.

Last edited:
And those gambles are magnified when you lack the makeup speed to recover at 4.68
Lol no matter who you are if you fall for the bait ain’t no recovering. Dude has plenty of “football speed” and he was nursing an injury at the combine. Didn’t you see him on that safety blitz?

Advertisement
While you guys discuss speed here is what was said about him at Battle New Orleans Tournament this past weekend.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 6.19.19 PM.png

I normally hate these kind of questions, but I'll ask it anyway...

What were Ed Reed's 40 and shuttle times? Were they "elite"? I genuinely don't know.

I normally hate these kind of questions, but I'll ask it anyway...

What were Ed Reed's 40 and shuttle times? Were they "elite"? I genuinely don't know.
I don’t believe they were. Ed was a 4.55 or so coming out. I believe Sean was a 4.5 flat, but he was also 6’2.5” and 230 lbs. One of my favorite current guys that didn’t have elite physical and athletic attributes, but can flat out ball is Ant Winfield, Jr. I was sick when the Browns drafted the kid out of LSU with all of the tangibles, but wasn’t overly productive or consistent on the field instead of Winfield. His dad is from Akron, they both wanted him in Cleveland, but as it turns out it going to Tampa was the best thing for him.

I really like this kid’s production and his approach. He seems very mature, confident without being overly ****y. I’d love to get him and Picket. I’m always in awe over the crazy amount of stud DBs there are down in Florida. What we may have in our entire state on an unusually strong year, Dade and Broward have on a random weekend.

Advertisement
Lmao it was not his lack of speed. AT ALL! It was his gambles. He took some wild chances. You put the bait in front of him he was guaranteed to bite! Matter fact no one thought he would run that slow. No one thought he would rip off a 4.4, everyone thought he would run a 4.5, not 4.6.
This is why I believe our secondary will be better this year despite all the concerns I keep hearing. We won’t have two slow safeties on the back end gambling for big plays for their NFL draft highlight reel.

I don’t believe they were. Ed was a 4.55 or so coming out. I believe Sean was a 4.5 flat, but he was also 6’2.5” and 230 lbs. One of my favorite current guys that didn’t have elite physical and athletic attributes, but can flat out ball is Ant Winfield, Jr. I was sick when the Browns drafted the kid out of LSU with all of the tangibles, but wasn’t overly productive or consistent on the field instead of Winfield. His dad is from Akron, they both wanted him in Cleveland, but as it turns out it going to Tampa was the best thing for him.

I really like this kid’s production and his approach. He seems very mature, confident without being overly ****y. I’d love to get him and Picket. I’m always in awe over the crazy amount of stud DBs there are down in Florida. What we may have in our entire state on an unusually strong year, Dade and Broward have on a random weekend.
Antoine Winfield ran 4.4 and had a 36' vertical.

Advertisement
How does he compare to Amari Wallace? Both seem undersized

Advertisement
This is why I believe our secondary will be better this year despite all the concerns I keep hearing. We won’t have two slow safeties on the back end gambling for big plays for their NFL draft highlight reel.
Keep that same energy when the secondary is our biggest weakness… I hope I’m wrong but Jaden Harris and savion Riley aren’t even close to the players JW and Kam are

Advertisement
Back