Blue-chip safety Bryce Fitzgerald says staying home would be his family’s “dream come true”

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

The last time Miami signed the top ballhawk in South Florida, Kam Kinchens developed into an All-American. The Canes hope to repeat history with blue-chip S Bryce Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald picked off 6 passes a sophomore for Belen Jesuit and led the school to their first ever state title in basketball averaging 11.6 points, 3.9 rebounds, 2.9 assists, and 1.5 steals. As a junior, he grabbed 10 INTs for his new school, Columbus. Mario Cristobal, himself a Columbus alum...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Advertisement
What's his 40 & shuttle times ? Time to prioritize athleticism in the secondary.

Not a 40 or shuttle but ….

IMG_3643.jpeg

**** don’t matter if he can play and has “football speed”. Nice to be fast, but if you get 10 picks in a season at Columbus you’re a certified goon!
I hear you, but what you just described is identical to a Kam K and although he made plays and great moments here, yet his lack of overall speed hurt us while we gave up big plays vs teams with the more dynamic offenses/athletes.

I hear you, but what you just described is identical to a Kam K and although he made plays and great moments here, yet his lack of overall speed hurt us while we gave up big plays vs teams with the more dynamic offenses/athletes.
Lmao it was not his lack of speed. AT ALL! It was his gambles. He took some wild chances. You put the bait in front of him he was guaranteed to bite! Matter fact no one thought he would run that slow. No one thought he would rip off a 4.4, everyone thought he would run a 4.5, not 4.6.

Advertisement
**** don’t matter if he can play and has “football speed”. Nice to be fast, but if you get 10 picks in a season at Columbus you’re a certified goon!
No it’s time to prioritize athletes and production. Im tired of getting one or the other. Results of on the field and the draft are evident. Anything less now if a failure don’t @ me

Lmao it was not his lack of speed. AT ALL! It was his gambles. He took some wild chances. You put the bait in front of him he was guaranteed to bite! Matter fact no one thought he would run that slow. No one thought he would rip off a 4.4, everyone thought he would run a 4.5, not 4.6.
And those gambles are magnified when you lack the makeup speed to recover at 4.68

Advertisement
Paging @Dwinstitles

What is your take on this kid? He is obviously a super productive playmaker at Columbus but lacks the elite physical characteristics that our secondary desperately needs. I say take him and let him compete.

Our two best safeties in recent years have had suspect 40 times. Turning away proven on field results because they might possibly run a slow 40 at the combine is counter productive. It’s not like they’re turning away stars who also run good 40s.

Advertisement
Paging @Dwinstitles

What is your take on this kid? He is obviously a super productive playmaker at Columbus but lacks the elite physical characteristics that our secondary desperately needs. I say take him and let him compete.
looks like he has a better step than Kam but like dmoney said got to see those testing numbers. I like the offer though

Advertisement
Back