Blue Chip Ratio

Burricane

So Icy
1591987220347.png

Miami sits at 49.4 percent blue Chip ratio. The only other teams that even sit above 40 percent are FSU, Oregon, and Tennessee. Summed up in the article, these are the teams that are usually ranked the highest and teams from this list are always in the CFP every year. Above 50 percent puts you in the running. Nice to know that our talent isnt the question. But we already knew that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Right so Lingard out and Tate in. It works itself out

I doubt they'd include Lingard, would they? But point taken. It wouldn't have a huge impact:
4 Bluechip: Phillips, Bolden, Tate, Walker,
3 Not Bluechip: King, Roche, and J Williams... Do punters and kickers count? If so, add Borregales and Hedley here. You could make an argument that King and Roche would get recalibrated to blue chip based upon college performance. But that's a stretch.

It's irrelevant, but +4/-3 probably puts us over the 50% threshold.

Regardless, we're a heck of a lot more talented than the rest of the Coastal and the other teams we play in 2020.

Advertisement
The way they describe the metric is a bit different from how I thought blue-chip ratio was calculated. Seems to me you should take the current amount of blue-chips on the roster and divide by the total number of players. Instead they are listing it as "the teams who've signed more blue-chip recruits than non over the last four year."

But what difference does it make for 2020 if guys like DJ Johnson, DeeJay Dallas, Trajan Bandy, Lorenzo Lingard, Jon Garvin, Jhavonte Dean, Jarren Williams, Brian Hightower, and Marquez Ezzard were "blue-chip recruits signed over the last four classes"? None of those guys are here right now.

Advertisement
To be fair he mentioned that Miami is at 49.4 percent which rounds down while A&M was at 49.5% so they got rounded up. So Miami is right there at the lower tier of the BCR

How about Washington leading the PAC 12. Times sure have changed.

Cristobal is going to have Oregon up there pronto. If Diaz doesn't pan out and Miami can't or won't (I think the latter is far more likely since we have the money) pay Cristobal's U of O buyout, I'd be happy to see Miami try to lure Chris Petersen back into coaching. Yes I know the Richt's 2nd act didn't work out as we all hoped, but I trust Petersen's track record a bit more than I trust Richt's. Petersen competed with the big dogs and was sending talent to the NFL while at BSU, and then at UW he got them from the 20s to the 50s in blue chip ratio in a blink of an eye. Richt had the luxury of bag men and unlimited resources at UGA. I wasn't surprised when he couldn't replicate his recruiting success.

Phillips, King, Roche, Jarrid Williams in and Jarren Williams out

King 3-star
Roche 3-star
Jarrid Williams 2-star
Jarren Williams 4-star
Borregales 3-star

Phillips was already on campus for last year but Bud doesn't calc transfers in or out in his BCR (99% sure of this)

Advertisement
Back