Blue Chip Ratio

Advertisement
King 3-star
Roche 3-star
Jarrid Williams 2-star
Jarren Williams 4-star
Borregales 3-star

Phillips was already on campus for last year but Bud doesn't calc transfers in or out in his BCR (99% sure of this)
No transfers aren’t counted on this list, it was in response to someone else

So the reason we went 6-7 last year is that our talent has fallen to no.16 in the country?

Maybe when we crack the top 10 we'll get back to 8 wins a year.

Not many of the teams above us are relying on g5 transfers or 2* freshmen on the OL.
Plug -in 2 4* players, Wills (Bama) and Thomas (UL) on the left side and we would have been "ok", even with shetty QB play.

When you have more than 3/4 of your team as blue-chippers, you're covered.
When you're teetering around 50%, you better make sure you're good at QB, OL and DL.

Cristobal is going to have Oregon up there pronto. If Diaz doesn't pan out and Miami can't or won't (I think the latter is far more likely since we have the money) pay Cristobal's U of O buyout, I'd be happy to see Miami try to lure Chris Petersen back into coaching. Yes I know the Richt's 2nd act didn't work out as we all hoped, but I trust Petersen's track record a bit more than I trust Richt's. Petersen competed with the big dogs and was sending talent to the NFL while at BSU, and then at UW he got them from the 20s to the 50s in blue chip ratio in a blink of an eye. Richt had the luxury of bag men and unlimited resources at UGA. I wasn't surprised when he couldn't replicate his recruiting success.

The way Chris Peterson recruits wont sit well with Miami fans. He will take the hardworking 3 star with a athletic profile over an Elite kid any day.

Advertisement
Cristobal is going to have Oregon up there pronto. If Diaz doesn't pan out and Miami can't or won't (I think the latter is far more likely since we have the money) pay Cristobal's U of O buyout, I'd be happy to see Miami try to lure Chris Petersen back into coaching. Yes I know the Richt's 2nd act didn't work out as we all hoped, but I trust Petersen's track record a bit more than I trust Richt's. Petersen competed with the big dogs and was sending talent to the NFL while at BSU, and then at UW he got them from the 20s to the 50s in blue chip ratio in a blink of an eye. Richt had the luxury of bag men and unlimited resources at UGA. I wasn't surprised when he couldn't replicate his recruiting success.

Peterson was fortunate that the Cali schools were so horrible and had so many issues during his reign (USCw had that one season with Darnold.

When that happened recruits were going to want to go someplace else, and unlike other geographic talent regions, there aren’t a lot of options.

I loved Peterson until that playoff game vs bama when he completely corched the game and gave his team no chance.

View attachment 118703
Miami sits at 49.4 percent blue Chip ratio. The only other teams that even sit above 40 percent are FSU, Oregon, and Tennessee. Summed up in the article, these are the teams that are usually ranked the highest and teams from this list are always in the CFP every year. Above 50 percent puts you in the running. Nice to know that our talent isnt the question. But we already knew that.

Where does the rest of the Coastal sit? /Tweed/

Advertisement
I loved Peterson until that playoff game vs bama when he completely corched the game and gave his team no chance.

Every coach has one of those games. Saban corched the nat championship game against Clemson and got blown out.

Not many of the teams above us are relying on g5 transfers or 2* freshmen on the OL.
Plug -in 2 4* players, Wills (Bama) and Thomas (UL) on the left side and we would have been "ok", even with shetty QB play.

When you have more than 3/4 of your team as blue-chippers, you're covered.
When you're teetering around 50%, you better make sure you're good at QB, OL and DL.

Only 3 teams are at that percentage and osu still ****s the bed and loses to a trash team every year lol

Advertisement
View attachment 118703
Miami sits at 49.4 percent blue Chip ratio. The only other teams that even sit above 40 percent are FSU, Oregon, and Tennessee. Summed up in the article, these are the teams that are usually ranked the highest and teams from this list are always in the CFP every year. Above 50 percent puts you in the running. Nice to know that our talent isnt the question. But we already knew that.

I made a thread about this a while ago. Absolutely spot on; the blue chip ratio should at +50%, ideally. There’s some outliers, but they are not in consistent discussions, and the reason y they are outliers is due to phenomenal coaching. The metrics also show just how **** poor we’ve been as a program, as we are in the top 20 as far as talent pool, but rarely do we finish w a top 30 record to end the season. Talent is not our issue; is what we’re doing or not doing w this talent that’s the problem.

But we should see the exploits of our talent this season, hopefully.

I made a thread about this a while ago. Absolutely spot on; the blue chip ratio should at +50%, ideally. There’s some outliers, but they are not in consistent discussions, and the reason y they are outliers is due to phenomenal coaching. The metrics also show just how **** poor we’ve been as a program, as we are in the top 20 as far as talent pool, but rarely do we finish w a top 30 record to end the season. Talent is not our issue; is what we’re doing or not doing w this talent that’s the problem.

But we should see the exploits of our talent this season, hopefully.
100 percent agree. It’s just more evidence in the case of us having abysmal coaching for the better part of two decades now. Put the right coach in there and we have at the very least a top 15 team year in and out

Advertisement
View attachment 118703
It's improved greatly the last three years:

1592152322242.png

Attachments

• 1592152439398.png
    1592152439398.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 6
King 3-star
Roche 3-star
Jarrid Williams 2-star
Jarren Williams 4-star
Borregales 3-star

Phillips was already on campus for last year but Bud doesn't calc transfers in or out in his BCR (99% sure of this)
He should. 247 Sports has given a 4-star transfer rating to King and Roche.

Based on 247 rankings Canes have 39 blue chip players on the active roster and about 5 are dead weight which will remain nameless. And so while Canes have improved, they need to land more blue chip players and actually do something with them.

Nonetheless, Diaz and his staff are on the clock. Win lots in 2020 or GTFOH...

Win 10 games, like we SHOULD with that schedule we have...and our ratio will finish somewhere above 60%.

Just show the kids and parents that we are building momentum and we'll be swapping out 3 stars for 4 stars before the calendar year ends. It's really nothing more complicated than that. Stop with the horrible losses and everything else will take care of itself.

Advertisement
Back