Bleeding out

Advertisement
When do we get to the good times?
Ask Jimmy

12dMIbAtJgFSfK.gif

Once again I apologize for putting you out. I think I’ve brought enough info here to put out the occasional stinker. So I’ll apologize one more time and will promise to do better.
Thanks for this post Alex. I was trying to ask you why you are asking these questions when you should be the one sharing the answers with us, without going in on you. Your occasional stinker of a thread is all good in my book.

Advertisement
Sadly that's the way cronyism works. People get shuffled from one job to another. Any accountability is just for show. I used to work at a place where all employees who were hired after 2010 were required to move to another worksite every 8 years, the idea being that it would cross pollinate the organization with new ideas and keep people from stagnating. However, that rule didn't apply to everyone who joined before 2010. So what happened? The pre 2010 people essentially created a mafia where they just hooked each other up with the best gigs since they couldn't be moved, and every year they only cemented their power further as they decided who was in their club and who wasn't. As you might have surmised, the workplace was absolutely toxic. Few things will kill credibility and ruin organization more than cronyism.

Yep cronyism is a good way to describe it TimeBum and kind of why Blake James got hired in the first place. I don't know if you remember, but under Shalala both Kirby Hocutt and Shawn Eichorst both left for other jobs.

From what I heard, she was livid about this and they really just wanted to find an AD that would just stay in Miami long term. That was literally one of their main criteria in that AD search. Hence hiring their crony Blake who they knew would stay around, and in doing that they failed to prioritize the fact that he was totally under qualified for the job.

So is it really surprising to see Blake James resort to cronyism himself, because he's been rewarded by that culture? It's totally logical in his eyes why he would elevate a BOT son to the head baseball coach. Totally makes sense to hire the ex-mayors son as head football coach.

When Miami was in it's glory days, we were the opposite of cronyism, we were a meritocracy. You were elevated & rewarded based off your merits. That's why you would hear Michael Irvin or Zo talk about all that competition on green tree practice field made them who they were on gameday. That's why people like Jimmy and Butch were able to use this job as a platform to get to the NFL. Because all of them were rewarded success based of their merit. I hope we can get back to that one day.

Well if that’s not the case, is he talking about coaches and players quitting or fans jumping???

Solution is actually pretty simple. Diaz just needs to bring in a professional hypnotist before every game to trick the staff and players into thinking they are coming out to play the second half.

Is there a significant drop in Diaz' buyout if we wait till season ends ? It's all I can think of at this point. Should've been fired after UVA game but we're gonna have to wait until we're mathematically eliminated from the coastal it seems before this 🤡 staff is gone.

The players on the field were giving it their all yesterday from what I saw

We don’t make a change and that’s going to go by the wayside as the season goes on (in a hurry)
The pic of Manny just standing after the game shows he knows he’s done. Makes no sense to prolong the inevitable.

****, LSU won yesterday and still got Orgeron out at the end of the season.

Advertisement
Manny just needs more time. Look at our younger guys and their performance. I admit it is taking longer than I originally thought it would but Manny will turn this team around. Don't lose faith.

It’s too much Andrew.

I would be open to giving many two more years if he:

1. Was a better teacher and planner of football.

Or

2. Was better leader.

When it comes to the first point, Manny refused to eat his humble pie and acknowledge HE was the problem with this team. He shifted blame to his staff and players and threw anyone he could under the bus so he wouldn’t have to look in the mirror and address his PERSONAL shortcomings. In hubris he took on the role of dc while not being a good head coach and IGNORES world class football knowledge he has access to because he wants to do it his we.

To the second point Manny CONSTANTLY displays beta traits that make people ignore him. He has mutiny in his staff and players because he does not have the type of charecter that makes people follow him. That can be learned, but it is very difficult and most people can’t do it. He has lost control.

So we have to wait for Manny to humble himself and take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for the team, learn how to actually coach and manage a team, AND learn to be a leader of men at the same time?

It’s too much and it’s not happening. Manny is done and it is because of decisions HE made. It sucks because I like him and wanted him to succeed, but he took to big a bite and choked on it.

Yep cronyism is a good way to describe it TimeBum and kind of why Blake James got hired in the first place. I don't know if you remember, but under Shalala both Kirby Hocutt and Shawn Eichorst both left for other jobs.

From what I heard, she was livid about this and they really just wanted to find an AD that would just stay in Miami long term. That was literally one of their main criteria in that AD search. Hence hiring their crony Blake who they knew would stay around, and in doing that they failed to prioritize the fact that he was totally under qualified for the job.

So is it really surprising to see Blake James resort to cronyism himself, because he's been rewarded by that culture? It's totally logical in his eyes why he would elevate a BOT son to the head baseball coach. Totally makes sense to hire the ex-mayors son as head football coach.

When Miami was in it's glory days, we were the opposite of cronyism, we were a meritocracy. You were elevated & rewarded based off your merits. That's why you would hear Michael Irvin or Zo talk about all that competition on green tree practice field. That's why people like Jimmy and Butch were able to use this job as a platform to get to the NFL. Because they all deserved based of their merit. I hope we can get back to that one day.

Not only that, but there was no push back when Richt hired his own son with zero experience to be a paid coach. Mind you- not an analyst, which would still be inappropriate, but someone who took one of the limited number of on field coaching positions. We can rail all we want about Diaz and James, but until the culture of cronyism changes, the athletic department will forever remain a low performance organization.

Advertisement
It’s too much Andrew.

I would be open to giving many two more years if he:

1. Was a better teacher and planner of football.

Or

2. Was better leader.

When it comes to the first point, Manny refused to eat his humble pie and acknowledge HE was the problem with this team. He shifted blame to his staff and players and threw anyone he could under the bus so he wouldn’t have to look in the mirror and address his PERSONAL shortcomings. In hubris he took on the role of dc while not being a good head coach and IGNORES world class football knowledge he has access to because he wants to do it his we.

To the second point Manny CONSTANTLY displays beta traits that make people ignore him. He has mutiny in his staff and players because he does not have the type of charecter that makes people follow him. That can be learned, but it is very difficult and most people can’t do it. He has lost control.

So we have to wait for Manny to humble himself and take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for the team, learn how to actually coach and manage a team, AND learn to be a leader of men at the same time?

It’s too much and it’s not happening. Manny is done and it is because of decisions HE made. It sucks because I like him and wanted him to succeed, but he took to big a bite and choked on it.
I appreciate that you took the time to give Andrew a well-reasoned response.

Advertisement
Lane Kiffin is interesting. I 100% think he would take the job, and he ticks a lot of the boxes we would need. He’s an experienced coach. He has NFL and college ties.

Schemes would be on point. He runs a good offense, and his dad, Monte Kiffin, is working for him at Ole Miss. For the children on this board, Monte Kiffin is one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of the NFL.

I think his personality would work in South Florida.

So I have to admit…even though it came from a Gator, it makes some sense

Because when a coach signs a contract they demand a minimum amount of time to turn it around. If they get fired before that, they get a chunk of change. The school now owes a chunk of change in the event Manny is fired before the end.

This is why…you VET YOUR F@CKING HIRES! You dont spend two hours trying to find someone to enter into a contract with!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back