Bleeding out

If it plays out that way, you think it’s not official until after bowl games or one of those deals where the coach is named/announces the move and starts recruiting for the new gig but still coaches his current team in the bowl?

Also, you think there is any truth to the AD/GM for football role?
Last year there was legit talk with Alonzo. No idea where that is going forward. As for Mario they’ll make him tell them no then go from there. Imo it’s not a guarantee. There’s people that thinks he’ll come and others that day he’s loyal to Oregon. Some of his closest friends have no idea.

Advertisement
Devils bargain hypothetical...

Would you accept if Blake James was moved out of the AD job to fundraising, Diaz became AD with no football responsibilities , and Highsmith was brought in as head of football ops but didn't answer to the AD?
James in a non-athletics role? Wouldn’t care.
Diaz as AD, except football? No. Not qualified.
Zo as AD of Football? Sure.

Advertisement
What did we sacrifice for the greatest football team in college football history? I swear it feels like someone voodoo person said, “I’ll give you the greatest team ever and a championship but in return your program will have to die “

We must have made the deal with the Devil

got nothing to do with that

the entire ncaa figured out we'd destroy college football and so they made sure through the refs and investigations we will never get back there again

as for the coaches, that **** happens to a ton of teams look at TENN

I don't think that would be ideal. Demoting people is typically not a the best way to build a successful culture within an organization. It would also probably be best for both BJ & CMD professionally as well to both move on.

Sadly that's the way cronyism works. People get shuffled from one job to another. Any accountability is just for show. I used to work at a place where all employees who were hired after 2010 were required to move to another worksite every 8 years, the idea being that it would cross pollinate the organization with new ideas and keep people from stagnating. However, that rule didn't apply to everyone who joined before 2010. So what happened? The pre 2010 people essentially created a mafia where they just hooked each other up with the best gigs since they couldn't be moved, and every year they only cemented their power further as they decided who was in their club and who wasn't. As you might have surmised, the workplace was absolutely toxic. Few things will kill credibility and ruin organization more than cronyism.

Advertisement
Last year there was legit talk with Alonzo. No idea where that is going forward. As for Mario they’ll make him tell them no then go from there. Imo it’s not a guarantee. There’s people that thinks he’ll come and others that day he’s loyal to Oregon. Some of his closest friends have no idea.
Here's the problem - you can't flirt with the Mario talk then retain Diaz beyond... well, ever. If you've got the moolah to buy out Mario AND surround him with the coaching staff he wants ('cos why else would he ******* leave) then you're moronic to hang onto Diaz to lessen his buyout.

If you're shooting your shot with Mario and he turns you down, you've told every other HC on the market you have money and that's what they'll expect in interviews.

Why would Manny make a good AD???

Being an AD is basically politics and glad handing. Diaz was born for that. I think he really does love the city and the program, hes just not cut out to be a football coach. I could see him as an excellent administrator though, leveraging political connections for donations and cutting deals.

I said this in another thread but i imagine it will get more attention in yours.

I quite frankly don’t understand how the Miami fans allow Blake and Frenk to walk around that stadium unmolested. You see what Tenn fans did to Kiffin? They put the eggs and water bottles to his a$$. Now i dont advocate for violence but you would think a verbal assault worthy of the news would take place. UM fans can chant F Biden but those two clowns get to walk around showing teeth while the fans spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a day of pain.
You think those guys walk around the stadium coming from a tailgate? They park underneath and take elevator straight up to their safe space suites

Advertisement
Here's the problem - you can't flirt with the Mario talk then retain Diaz beyond... well, ever. If you've got the moolah to buy out Mario AND surround him with the coaching staff he wants ('cos why else would he ******* leave) then you're moronic to hang onto Diaz to lessen his buyout.

If you're shooting your shot with Mario and he turns you down, you've told every other HC on the market you have money and that's what they'll expect in interviews.
You don’t think Miami ( or representation ) hasn’t already reached out to Mario or his agent?

This is where we are.

1. The players know manny is fired.

2. The staff knows they’re fired.

3. The fans knows also know they’re fired.

So my question is why are they just letting this bleed out? It’s just more proof how the simplest things bust their ***. No matter how simple or obvious the decision they’ll ***** it up.

The program is out of control , it’s full of toxicity and drama. We pretty much have a substitute teacher in a class full of kids who are checked out and over it. Coaches are walking out of meetings, players are going awol and the staff isn’t exactly hitting the road hard with recruiting. They’re more concerned with their next gig.

This brings me to my question…..why not not end this? Let the players at least have an answer to the obvious, That way they can cut lose and play without that bs hovering over their heads. There’s still something to play for, and the coastal is still there to be had. Will we likely win it? Nah, but stranger things have happened. Especially when dealing with younger guys playing for something.

It also allows the search to start and coaches / agents can start reaching out. More jobs are coming open and soon, why wait to add Miami to the list?

I posted a thread after the loss to Uva “. I posted that because there was no better time for the change, You had a bye week to make the adjustment and still be able to prepare for Uva. But in typical Miami fashion they made the wrong decision.

Hopefully somebody grows some balls and finally puts a bullet in this situation , rather than continuing to sit by and watching it bleed out in front of the country. I mean is there any leadership to be found in this program? On second thought don't answer that.

For starters, and at a minimum, the unAthletic Director should be fired yesterday. That sends a message not only to football program, but to the other unAthletic programs minus baseball, which is another story.

Appreciate it. Hopefully they put a Don Corleone offer on the table for Mario. Wish they would just rip the band aid already. This **** is ridiculous

Advertisement

If the Gator Tears threads are to be believed, UF fans are convinced that UM has finally realized Mario is a plus sized Manny Diaz, and we are all in on the Lane Train, who is now our #1 target. I wish I could take credit for starting that rumor.

Advertisement
Back