Blast from the Past....

Honestly??? It’s a sad state, when this man was a part of the culture here in the 80’s and early 90’s that he could of brought us back from this bad 15 year nightmare. He’s doing an outstanding job at LSU, I wish it was here. But hey, I’m going to try and be patient to see where the mayors coach and the bartender takes us!

as others have mentioned, we wouldn't have Os resources here. he has elite coordinators making G5 HC money right now. we wouldn't give O that or any coach bc we dont spend like that. hes a great recruiter and kids love him but hes an xs and os nightmare. he relies on elite coordinators and knows it and makes him successful at LSU.

Advertisement
And there’s nothing wrong with beating people up in bars!!! I judge no one! I’m guessing they deserved it! 🙃

F4617560-3127-4BF0-B0F2-66DA7CC25EA9.jpeg

“Tell me about it babe, I’ve been ruff and rumble, rolling like thunder under the covers since way back. In 06 when I was personal chef for manback records we were ready to throw down or go down however anybody wanted it.

Found my self in many donnybrooks and if men were piling up, I was always there.”

- @caneinrlando

I remember how Tate used to talk about Tony Cline. He had an incredible rookie year sack number for the Raiders. Unfortunately it was unofficial since they didn't officially record sack records at the time.

Do you remember which side **** Sorensen played on? I think he was on Hendrick's side. Cline was about 235, more than Hendricks weighed. I remember Kresl..

When did quick and slow stop working for him? I'm sure his players got bigger, they did everywhere. UM in late '60' was bigger than in early '60's.
Most teams ran to the right about 65%. Coach Tate stacked the left side of his defense with his best defenders. Left DE was Hendricks. The left ILB was Ken Corbin. Sorensen subbed in for him quite often including all passing downs. When Corbin exhausted his eligibility, Sorensen seized the job full time and was very good on all downs. Sorensen was 6'3" and 235 lbs..

In the game against fla. in '67, Corbin played the entire game because Sorensen had tweaked his knee during the week. Stone hands Corbin had 2 pick-6s in a Miami 20-13 win. As I recall, one was 70 yards and the other 50 yards.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back