Blast from the Past....

SWFLHurricane

Recruit
71 Tony Chickillo
62 Tony Fitzpatrick
97 Fred Robinson
3 Complete Savages...and underrated in UM History...
74632511_10156755879686732_375009129510469632_n.jpg

Advertisement
71 Tony Chickillo
62 Tony Fitzpatrick
97 Fred Robinson
3 Complete Savages...and underrated in UM History...View attachment 101985

Fitzpatrick was pound for pound the toughest and strongest guy to ever play for Miami. Fred Robinson was terrific. Amazing how much Anthony looks like his dad. Tony was a terrific college player.

Advertisement
Fitzpatrick was pound for pound the toughest and strongest guy to ever play for Miami. Fred Robinson was terrific. Amazing how much Anthony looks like his dad. Tony was a terrific college player.
Yup. For fun, go back and watch the first NC game vs Nebraska. We shut the option down because we shut the FB dive down. We did that because Fitz ragdolled Nebraska's center and threw him aside at the snap like 60-70% of the snaps. And he was banged up that game too. An absolute badass.

Advertisement
Nice pic. That’s Freddy Marion cutting in front of Cris Collinsworth for the int.

That looks like the 1980 game at UF where
Schnellenberger ran up the score on the inbreds because their fans were pelting our sideline with oranges.
You nailed it. 🙂

Advertisement
71 Tony Chickillo
62 Tony Fitzpatrick
97 Fred Robinson
3 Complete Savages...and underrated in UM History...View attachment 101985
You failed to mention that great coach, Harold Allen, a UM player from Key West and longtime DL coach. He coached a lot of great defensive linemen at the U.
I suspect the biggest of that bunch was Chick at about 250. I read that he survived a bad pelvis or hip injury in a car accident then came back to play.

Nice pic. That’s Freddy Marion cutting in front of Cris Collinsworth for the int.

That looks like the 1980 game at UF where
Schnellenberger ran up the score on the inbreds because their fans were pelting our sideline with oranges.
One of the best non-championship game moments in UM history.

Advertisement
You failed to mention that great coach, Harold Allen, a UM player from Key West and longtime DL coach. He coached a lot of great defensive linemen at the U.
I suspect the biggest of that bunch was Chick at about 250. I read that he survived a bad pelvis or hip injury in a car accident then came back to play.
Coach Allen may have been the best DL coach to ever walk the sidelines anywhere.

4D790632-A4F9-4442-A26D-0F7D61266C48.jpeg

“yeah good times. I remember back in the day when I was still the man, I’m still the man tho, hanging with legends. I had to tell Tony how to get set and he said me years later ‘I owe all my success to you’ and I said it ain’t a thing but a chicken wing bro. Even tho I lost my legs in Nam’ I could still bang with the best of em. Back then they didn’t know men could chase cleats LOL. Don’t think we win that first natty if I didn’t tell Howard that when ever I’m with a stud recruit I leave my leopard thong behind so I have a reason to go back. So you could sayI taught him about leaving his pipe because I was always going back for pipe. Golden age brothers”

- @caneinorlando

Advertisement
Back