BLASPHEMY! Are the 2019 Buckeyes as good as the 2001 Canes?

Advertisement
Who have they played?

Sports media has gone down the *******. My barber shop was closed so I had to run over to a Sport Clips the other day. Had to watch the Paul Finebaum show the whole time I was in the chair. If the SEC as a conference had a *****, Paul's mouth would be firmly latched on to it. PTI and ATH--formerly staples in my home--are a complete joke now. I follow some choice bloggers and youtubers now. I get better content from them than any of the networks.

Their only decent win is against Wisconsin

Advertisement
What is wrong with you folks? How can you get so bent out of shape about this?

Yes, it is premature to say OSU is one of the best teams of all-time. Obviously. I don't think there's a single human being in America that would argue otherwise. So what? Should we just not talk about anything until it is 100% settled?

And the article acknowledges that it is premature several times:
-The freaking title says "Maybe"
-The first subsection title says "so far"

Not to mention that at no point in the article does Connelly argue that 2019 OSU > 2001 Miami. He just discusses the historical rarity of OSU's huge line vs. an elite PSU team this weekend, and how teams in those situations have done in the past (extremely well). For those of you who actually care about the content, and aren't just looking to get worked up about the historical standing of a team from 18 years ago, it's actually a really interesting read.

How can you rank this years OSU ram as one of the GOAT when they haven’t won the Big 10 East yet?

Their only decent win is against Wisconsin

Do you not believe that margin of victory matters?

-They played a very solid IU team on the road earlier this year. They won by 41.
-They played a Cincy team that is 9-0 vs. every team not named OSU. They won 42-0.
-Their "decent" win against a top 15 Wisconsin team was by 31 points.
-They haven't won a single game by less than 24 points.

They have been incredible this year, by any criteria: the eye test, advanced stats, NFL talent, etc. They have up to 5 games left, all against excellent teams (PSU, Michigan, Wisconsin/Minnesota, CFP semis, CFP finals). They'll have many opportunities to amass other "decent" wins.

But as of today, they look like a phenomenal team.

This will always happen. The new hot team will be compared to the greatest team ever built.
But no one is better than our 2001 Canes

Advertisement

Ridiculously idiotic comparison! Comparing a (for now) undefeated team that hasn’t won anything yet to the greatest team/collection of talent of all time!
ESECPN needs some filler while they all work on the "Why Alabama is really the #1 team based on the Pull it Out of My A** test" piece that comes out tomorrow.

And has been mentioned, they have yet to win a Natty, and check back in 15 years and we will see how many not just 1st rounders, but dominant NFL 1st rounders come out of this team.

They were calling Alabama an all time great team last year until they got routed by Clemson. There might have been a few articles comparing 2018 Bama to the 01 Canes, although I don’t remember for sure.

Then, when Clemson beats them 44-16, everybody starts thinking Clemson is an all time great team, and ESPN even ranked them ahead of the 01 Canes on their greatest team of all time list.

Whatever. Stupid but I don’t really care.

They were calling Alabama an all time great team last year until they got routed by Clemson. There might have been a few articles comparing 2018 Bama to the 01 Canes, although I don’t remember for sure.

Then, when Clemson beats them 44-16, everybody starts thinking Clemson is an all time great team, and ESPN even ranked them ahead of the 01 Canes on their greatest team of all time list.

Whatever. Stupid but I don’t really care.

Clearly you do.

Advertisement
Calling the Michigan upset now.

Depending on the final outcome of the Ohio St. vs. mighty Penn. St. game, I'll say Ohio St. will be a solid... - 8 1/2 road favorite over YOUR Michigan squad. AND if Ohio. St. MOLESTS mighty Penn. St. this Saturn. Then the point spread will be a point or point-and-hook higher. HuH.

So it begs the question. Will YOU put your money where YOUR bigmouth is and wager on Michigan and take the points?

Advertisement
Depending on the final outcome of the Ohio St. vs. mighty Penn. St. game, I'll say Ohio St. will be a solid... - 8 1/2 road favorite over YOUR Michigan squad. AND if Ohio. St. MOLESTS mighty Penn. St. this Saturn. Then the point spread will be a point or point-and-hook higher. HuH.

So it begs the question. Will YOU put your money where YOUR bigmouth is and wager on Michigan and take the points?
I put my money on mutual funds and stripper college funds.

I haven't bet money on a sporting event since Lennox Lewis v Tyson (I put it on Lewis btw. Cleaned up at the barber shop fwiw).

Here's the thing though: If I'm saying it's an UPSET, then that in and of itself is an acknowledgement that Michigan won't be favored and isn't supposed to win.

Isn't that obvious?

Related image

Advertisement
Back