Blake James wqam interview

Yeah. Those horrific 9 scholarships that can be taken against the total. Brutal stuff to still be dealing with considering we've already almost reached the 9 total just through Al's recruiting incompetence.

These sanctions have nothing on USC, who just beat a top ten marquee program with a first year coaching staff and after losing 30 scholarships. USC probably had about 55 guys on scholarship.

Advertisement
The mentality around Miami is so ******* soft now.

We got a slap on the wrist from the ncaa. That cloud is long gone now.

Yeah. Those horrific 9 scholarships that can be taken against the total. Brutal stuff to still be dealing with considering we've already almost reached the 9 total just through Al's recruiting incompetence.

These sanctions have nothing on USC, who just beat a top ten marquee program with a first year coaching staff and after losing 30 scholarships. USC probably had about 55 guys on scholarship.

That's not the one that hurts, it's the limits on Recruiting visits. in particular, visits recruits can make to see games. Prior to the sanctions, the local kids could come to any game they wanted for free and get access to the coaches, go on the field, visit the locker room, etc. That's important, especially, locally. They (NCAA) have now limited that down to 1 visit per season as far as I understand it. After that, the kids have to pay to get in and they don't have access to the coaches, etc.

Does he believe what he is saying. Our fans enjoy seeing Famu? Fiu is a good series because miami doesn't have to pay airfare for the "away" game. And bringing fiu with their alumni base will add fans at the "home" game. Does he really believe this? Mom and pop shop. We are worried about airfare? And attracting other school'a fans to boost attendance rather than fixing our own issues. Applause Blake, applause!

These are the type of thread where it becomes the most obvious people just want something to complain about.
1. UM fans do like seeing famu. The stands were still full during the halftime show.
2. The UM athletic dept is on a tighter budget than Ohio st. So an fiu series financially makes a ton of sense. It's either that or pay a school $700,000 to come here and play. What makes more sense to you, a free game or paying someone?
3. Fix our problems? UM wasn't selling out when national titles were being won every other year. So it makes 100% sense to bring in a local team that will sell more tickets.

But continue with your factless rant. I'm sure I'll see you at the game Saturday.

:zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg:11263323124_b207743:ttdG2M10mxVZxan.jpg:nelson-haha::ibis-roflmao-sm3::reaction::6e482c_o::11263324214_66c20be:mmkay::eek::eek::eek::11263365343_2b1651d:beedog2:

Does anyone know if James was just answering a question about the sanctions? It would be hard to fault a guy for mentioning sanctions when answering a question about sanctions

Advertisement
Does anyone know if James was just answering a question about the sanctions? It would be hard to fault a guy for mentioning sanctions when answering a question about sanctions

LOL, seriously. These cats think that Blake called a press conference to talk about the cloud.

I take most of what Blake says as AD/Coach speak. Problem is, golden has polluted the coach speak to such a degree that at this point regardless of what anyone associated with the program says, it comes off as disingenuous and weak. And that is the other problem, these guys go above and beyond to be politically correct. The whole thing sounds scripted, soft and whiney.

I don't know if Blake James is the guy for the job, but I just don't want to hear about the NCAA or how golden is the right guy etc. Just set expectations, and make sure those expectations are met by your coaches. I'm tired of hearing the "sales pitch." Get it done or get gone.

Last edited:

That's not the one that hurts, it's the limits on Recruiting visits. in particular, visits recruits can make to see games. Prior to the sanctions, the local kids could come to any game they wanted for free and get access to the coaches, go on the field, visit the locker room, etc. That's important, especially, locally. They (NCAA) have now limited that down to 1 visit per season as far as I understand it. After that, the kids have to pay to get in and they don't have access to the coaches, etc.

I guess USC didn't have sanctions in regard to recruiting visits. Explain how Recruiting Visits impacted our performance against VT, Duke, UL (13) and UL (14). Please explain how this all impacted our 13-12 performance in the ACC.

I take most of what Blake says as AD/Coach speak. Problem is, golden has polluted the coach speak to such a degree that at this point regardless of what anyone associated with the program says, it comes off as disingenuous and weak. And that is the other problem, these guys go above and beyond to be politically correct. The whole thing sounds scripted, soft and whiney.

I don't know if Blake James is the guy for the job, but I just don't want to hear about the NCAA or how golden is the right guy etc. Just set expectations, and make sure those expectations are met by your coaches. I'm tired of hearing the "sales pitch." Get it done or get gone.

Sometimes they bumble the politically correct speak intended to have an innocuous effect to such a point that it just enrages some people though.

Blake James should have enough sense by now to not even address stadium questions. He should just say that he has nothing new to report on that front. Don't joke about it. Don't make light of it. Don't try to say how great SLS is. Just kill the freaking question with a no-update response.

Alfred should never reference "the cloud" again prior to actually accomplishing something on the field now. He shouldn't even reference it in dismissing it as still being a relevant issue. People just tune out or get angry now as soon as he even alludes to it- no matter the context. He had no problem never addressing Shapiro by name. Time to purge "the cloud" from his vocabulary too.

Advertisement
Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 30m
"The sanctions are still there, and that's what the NCAA wanted us to deal with right now," UM AD Blake James told @560WQAM.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 29m
"Is that an excuse? No. It is a reality.....We want to win games. There's nobody who wants to win games more than Al Golden," Blake James.

Not an excuse, but I'm going to bring it up. smh

Did you listen to the interview?

Um,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 155

USC has 70 or so on scholarship I think. Next season is when those lost scholarships are going to hurt although of the 46 signed the last 3 years, 35 are 4&5 star guys.
USC was ranked higher than Stanford too.

Wait... Are none of you really on board with playing FIU? I think it's a no-brainer. We always play FIU-level teams that nobody cares about so we might as well schedule FIU instead of an Arkansas St for example. It's a guarantee that the attendance for the FIU game will be one of the highest of the season. And for the FIU game we might actually have a semblance of college football atmosphere. I don't see why playing FIU is a bad idea?

Advertisement
Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 30m
"The sanctions are still there, and that's what the NCAA wanted us to deal with right now," UM AD Blake James told @560WQAM.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 29m
"Is that an excuse? No. It is a reality.....We want to win games. There's nobody who wants to win games more than Al Golden," Blake James.

Not an excuse, but I'm going to bring it up. smh

Sure sounds like a pretty big ******* excuse.

Ask USC how their sanctions are impacting them. They fired Kiffin's *** for not performing and then got a good coach and beat Stanford last week and are looking better.

We just keeping talking about this ******* cloud. This is the 4th year, win or GTFO.

USC has 70 or so on scholarship I think. Next season is when those lost scholarships are going to hurt although of the 46 signed the last 3 years, 35 are 4&5 star guys.

What USC received was lights years worse than what Miami ended up with.

Did you really just blow by the fact that USC beat a very strong Stanford team with the "USC was ranked higher than Stanford too" crap? I'm guessing you are a very fringe college football "fan" who watches the Miami game and then goes outside to roll around in the grass.

Advertisement
"Sanctions" (a minor one at that) didn't go into effect till this year. How did that affect the performance on the field? Perhaps, he meant the cloud? We still outrecruited and produced more NFL players than VT, Duke, Louisville, Virginia, etc, so how did that affect the performance on the field?

EVERY coach wants to win, I want the guy who hates losing more than he wants to win.

What USC received was lights years worse than what Miami ended up with.

Did you really just blow by the fact that USC beat a very strong Stanford team with the "USC was ranked higher than Stanford too" crap? I'm guessing you are a very fringe college football "fan" who watches the Miami game and then goes outside to roll around in the grass.

Yep, that's exactly what I do. You guessed correctly.
I didn't state anything regarding whose sanctions were worse. How am I supposed to know the true impact of each situation?
I'm pretty sure they beat a #4 Stanford last year too while unranked.
My only opinion was that next season is when USC should feel the scholarship losses. Nothing I said is an excuse for Miami.

Advertisement
Back