Blake James responds

Sorry, but I don't believe he truly feels this way about Golden.

I'd be willing to bet (if it could be proven) that the BOT and/or Shalala told James that Golden being let go was not on the table this year. I don't think James believes a **** word that he's having to say to the media. He's making several hundred thousand dollars a year. I can't sit here and blame the guy for not providing enough resistance to put his own job in danger.

2014, sure. What about January 2015. ;) One can hope......

Advertisement
His ******* job isn't to 'work with Al'. His job is too oversee the athletic department and make sure Golden does his job, which is coaching well and winning football games.

"I don't think anyone looks at our program and says 6-7 is going to be acceptable for our program. And that's not Al. He came here wanting to win the ACC and that's where we need to go."

Notice the quiet lowering of expectations? I distinctly recall Al Gorlden's very first presser at UM and he didn't talk about winning the ACC. He talked about National Championships.

Fvck you James. Your a kkkunt.

Impotent sniveling ticket schlocking corporate weasel do boy. What an embarrassment to call yourself a D1 Director of Athletics, and, in reality, you're nothing but a do boy for a failed football Corch and a mouthpiece for some trust fund faqqots.

Advertisement
James should be forced to give back every dollars he's been paid plus interest to the fans. Crock of **** this guy has any kind of position. Hopefully he goes soon and moves back to Maine ******* ****.

I have never heard of an AD who lets the coach of a 6-7 team decide what assistants to bring back.

How powerless is this fool?

University of Miami Athletic Director Blake James reiterated Sunday afternoon that coach Al Golden's job is secure entering next season despite four consecutive season-ending losses.

But, at the same time, James didn't rule out a shakeup with the assistant coaches.

"Al and I talked after the game last night, we'll meet this week and I'll get a better understanding of where he sees everything at," James said. "We'll have an open conversation about where we're going and how we best get there."

Would James be okay if Golden said there are no coaching changes needed?

"Those are things I'll talk with Al about," James said. "He needs to decide what's best for us. It's something I'm not going to get into `we need to recruit a different kid, make coaching changes.' Al is the coach of the program, it's his responsibility to assess the program understanding the expectations. I don't think anyone looks at our program and says 6-7 is going to be acceptable for our program. And that's not Al. He came here wanting to win the ACC and that's where we need to go. I'm confident he'll continue to make the changes that are needed to get us to that point."

James says he reads all the emails and messages from fans upset with the current state of the program.

"I understand the frustration of the fan base," he said. "The thing I would say to everyone is no one is more frustrated than everyone here. It's frustrating when you don't have the type of success you want as a program. With that said everyone has different perspectives on what needs to be done. My job is to work with Al and figure out what is the best plan for us to get to where we meet all those expectations. The bar is set very high here."

James acknowledged "we're not achieving at the point" the football program needs. So how long before the program can be "back"?

"It's coming," James said. "You see it this year with the great impact we had with some of the freshmen, and having a great quarterback is huge. Having someone of Brad (Kaaya's) skill and to see him to continue to progress - I spoke with Brock Berlin (at the bowl game), got his thoughts which was very valuable to me.

"I don't want to put a time on it, `this date', but we have to continue to move forward. I think there was a lot of progress made this year, unfortunately it wasn't in the win and loss column. At the end of the day it's about wins and losses, and I understand that, and I understand why fans are frustrated."

Per tos

your job your fcking pssy is to find the best coach for the program not work with a coach who doesn't have it win and thinks its a process when you lose. WHAT PART HE CANT RECRUIT SOUTH FL DONT HE UNDERSTAND. imo Blake should be fired too if I was the new school president he would be sent packing with Al Folden

Advertisement
The actions of this incompetent staff will result in home games with less fans attending than at a high school game.

If there is anyone on the BOT that gives a **** about UM football be aware that there are others like me. I attended my first game in 1961. When I lived in Miami I have traveled coast to coast, and from Boston to Seattle. I have driven to see spring practices and spring games. I will not pay to attend games and I will not travel to see free games.

Is there a billboard near campus were we can buy a fire Blake and Golden ad?

Al Golden runs the AD. It's obvious to see.

Those of you that have season tickets, please do not renew. Spouting crap on message boards is nothing. The test comes when you get your renewal letter come February. What are you doing? If you truly care, you pick up the phone, call the ticket office and personally tell them you are not renewing because of Al Golden. Only way they will understand. Everything else is pointless...

And another thing, it's not that Golden hasn't recruited SoFL well enough. It's that he would lose half the schedule playing with the roster of the '72 Dolphins against the present ACC.

I wanted you to succeed here Al, but it isn't in you!

Advertisement

Those of you that have season tickets, please do not renew. Spouting crap on message boards is nothing. The test comes when you get your renewal letter come February. What are you doing? If you truly care, you pick up the phone, call the ticket office and personally tell them you are not renewing because of Al Golden. Only way they will understand. Everything is pointless...

You will be talking to some kid who doesn't give a **** if you buy season's tickets or not. When the season's ticket sales tank the BOT will get the message, but I'm wondering if they will care.

Those of you that have season tickets, please do not renew. Spouting crap on message boards is nothing. The test comes when you get your renewal letter come February. What are you doing? If you truly care, you pick up the phone, call the ticket office and personally tell them you are not renewing because of Al Golden. Only way they will understand. Everything else is pointless...

Keep going, keep spreading the message.

These two guys use the same wash rag. How it works is one guy showers and washes his nuts and *** last then who ever is next ( usually golden) uses same rag to wash his face.

Advertisement
Sam Jankovich, Chet Cladchuck, Gene DeFilippo and countless other great ADs laugh at this ticket schlocker, sock puppet.

Good God Blake James is one feckless hermaphrodite.

I don't know if he does it to distance himself from Golden because he knows that ship is sinking or if he simply unaware of the message that he's sending, but everything he says is some variation of, "Hey man don't look at me I just work here." This is a guy wants everybody to know that he has zero power and zero say-so on anything of importance. I guess he could be lying but he'd be the first person to seek a powerful job and they tell anyone who'd listen how he doesn't really have any power.

Maybe he thinks his "power" is derived from giving Golden autonomy over a program but if you don't have the ability to do any hiring or firing based on the results of decisions that person makes, you didn't give them anything. You just made sure from the outset that they knew they could push you around and do what they want because you're a spineless coward. He's Ned Flanders.

"Hey Coach, can we talk for a sec?"
"Get bent Blake."
"Oakley Doakley."

Maybe its just me but what I see in that piece is an athletic director who is trying to use the media to convince his next boss, whomever that might be, that he is in fact dealing with the important issues within his department.

Advertisement
Back