Blake James responds

I fully understand his hands might be tied and he has no power.

If that's the case...simply say "no comment" or just refuse to talk about the subject.

To pass off that recycled used car salesman pitch is insulting to Cane fans that actually care. Some might say "he has to say something"....well I disagree or at least a very solid "no comment" would speak volumes to the portion of the fan base with some semblance of intelligence.
Because his job is to sell tickets. He's going to continue to spin this bull **** until his bosses tell him to do otherwise. He is our very own Baghdad Bob.

Advertisement
Golden came here wanting to win the ACC? Wow guys. We're so ******* close to our goals. With a little luck next year maybe we can sneak into the ACC championship game. We won't win and will lose badly but that's progress that we can all be proud of and progress we can build off of. Considering how young our team will be next year we should hopefully do even better the year after, losing a competetive game in the ACCCG. With enough tries gosh darn it the other team might even let us win out of respect for us trying do hard. It's a long process and it starts with Corch Gordon but eventually we will win the ACC

"He came here wanting to win the ACC and that's where we need to go."

Way to think small. New flash, guys: Here at Miami, the goal is National Championships. Aim for that and the ACC thing will take care of itself.

Maybe someone can help me out here. If the AD won't do his job and put pressure on the HC, then who puts pressure on the AD? What's the hierarchical structure at UM with respect to the football program?

Advertisement

Way to think small. New flash, guys: Here at Miami, the goal is National Championships. Aim for that and the ACC thing will take care of itself.

Maybe someone can help me out here. If the AD won't do his job and put pressure on the HC, then who puts pressure on the AD? What's the hierarchical structure at UM with respect to the football program?

The President is the one to put pressure on. But Donna is our President and she has her new Miami she always wanted.

Sadly thanks to these clowns we can't credibly talk about national titles.

Flake doesn't speak, he parrots his puppeteers. How does one parse the above pure unadulterated BULLHSIT.

I understand the frustration of the fan base.
Really, Really! You understand NOTHING! You are a puppet, with an empty wooden head.

The thing I would say to everyone is no one is more frustrated than everyone here.
Flake, please convince us. Please describe your frustration. How you deal with losses and the corching.

It's frustrating when you don't have the type of success you want as a program.
Flake, please tell us how YOU define success for the football program. Use numbers.

With that said everyone has different perspectives on what needs to be done.
Flake, that's a weasel comment. First, you didn't define success, so we don't even know if you think there's a problem that needs to be dealt with. Second, we don't care what "everyone" thinks because YOU are the AD.

My job is to work with Al and figure out what is the best plan for us to get to where we meet all those expectations.
Flake, your job title is Athletic Director, not Athletic Supporter! You're job is to lead, not hold Goldie's genitals. Again, you conveniently fail to define "expectations".

The bar is set very high here.
Really, Really! How high is that?

Flake, you're not even half as good a BSer as Goldie. Keep working on it. Or, actually retrieve your ********s from The Troll's lock box, and talk like a man.

The worst part about all this is with us going 6-7 this year all they'll be saying next year if we end up going 9-4 or better is how much they improved. And if Blake James isnt willing to fire anyone after this I can only imagine how he'll respong with 3 more wins. We should have been a 10 win team this year, 9 wins in a words case scenario ( I didnt think Golden could possibly get under 8 wins with this roster).

That's the disheartening part. 8-4/9-3 will be considered moving in the right direction. FML

Advertisement
It doesn't matter if James is more frustrated than the fans. The only thing that matters is if he does something about it.

Advertisement
The worst part about all this is with us going 6-7 this year all they'll be saying next year if we end up going 9-4 or better is how much they improved. And if Blake James isnt willing to fire anyone after this I can only imagine how he'll respong with 3 more wins. We should have been a 10 win team this year, 9 wins in a words case scenario ( I didnt think Golden could possibly get under 8 wins with this roster).

9 wins next year???? :stephenahand:

The defense loses its leading tackler and second most impactful player this year (Armbrister) plus Duke, Walford, Dorsett who accounted for 90%+ of our offensive production and we're going to win 9 games? Not a chance in ****. Unless Kaaya becomes Peyton Manning in the offseason we only have 2 for sure wins on the schedule next year, FAMU and FAU. Everything else is a toss-up at best.

9 wins SMH

Advertisement
I fully understand his hands might be tied and he has no power.

If that's the case...simply say "no comment" or just refuse to talk about the subject.

To pass off that recycled used car salesman pitch is insulting to Cane fans that actually care. Some might say "he has to say something"....well I disagree or at least a very solid "no comment" would speak volumes to the portion of the fan base with some semblance of intelligence.

Or fight back. He sounds like an anusburger who doesn't care about his future employment.
This. I would rather resign than get saddled with a loser coach cause some ***s from the BOT refuse to sign off on his termination. If resigning is not an option I would make public statements that hinted at my displeasure. Being the company man at a sinking ship will only cost you your job when the time comes.

there it is..... with that said, it's time to move my efforts and energy into a program that at a very minimum will fire a coach who cannot live up to his/her responsibilities. Gonna have to keep an eye open on the canes to see what changes are done but until then.........Go Blue

I can't believe I live in SFLA, am Alum, and HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS ****! This man couldnt squeeze a penny out of me at this point.

Advertisement
Back