Blake James as AD vs Previous 8 Years

Big Pimpin Cane

It’s-a-me!!! Mario!!!!
So I wanted to do a dive into Blake’s performance as AD vs. how we did before he got here. I examined the 3 major sports: football, basketball, and baseball. I took the 8 years Blake has been here (2013-2021) and compared them to the 8 years before he arrived (2005-2012).

I went in with the theory that the numbers before would be better and would show how we have lapsed during his tenure. I will post the tabulations rather than the season by season record in the interest of saving time. If anyone wants to look season by season you can use Google.

Football (2005-2012)
57-43, 57% win percentage
33-31 ACC, 52% win percentage 🤮

Football (2013-2021) (2020-21 counts as 21)
63-39, 62%
40-25 ACC, 62%

Basketball (2005-2012) (6 years of Haith, 2 of Coach L.)
162-108, 60%
60-70 ACC 46%
*this tabulation is wildly skewed by 2012 (29-7, 15-3 ACC)

Basketball (2013-2021)
151-110, 58%
74-80 ACC 48%

Baseball (2005-2012)
328-166-1, 66%
149-87 ACC, 63%

Baseball (2013-2021)
314-169, 65%
151-90 ACC 63%

Notice anything? We are the exact same under Blake, give or take a few games, as we were before him. He needs to go, I’m not saying he should stay, but maybe we need to settle into the reality that we are what our record says we are, a slightly above average ACC team in football, a slightly below average one in basketball, and a good (but not great anymore) baseball school.

We have won the ACC once in basketball before Blake (2012), and zero times with him. We won in baseball once before him (2008), and twice since he’s been here (2014, 2016).

I fully expected these numbers to make the case against Blake so clear and give firepower to our argument against him, but if anything they show him as comparable, if not slightly better, to what he inherited.

I’m not defending him, but looking at it from a BOT/Admin perspective. The signature football season in the last 16 years was 2017, which was under Blake’s watch. Blake had to navigate us through Al Golden’s favorite “the cloud”, whereas before that we had a a Natty within close proximity. If you are looking to make excuses for him, it’s pretty easy.

Once again, that is not my opinion! I think he and Manny should be sharing a tent in the Everglades. However, my opinion is of minute significance as an alum and mediocre donor (I used to give more but I just can’t anymore because I am so fed up and also cause I have 4 kids in private school 🤣).

It’s an unfortunate reality that we have not been great in a long time and we may need to recalibrate our expectations, no matter how sad that reality is. I’m so depressed having written this post, but I don’t want to get my hopes up again just to have them crushed. The football team in particular has ground me down.

That’s all folks. 😰 🤬 🤦🏼‍♂️

Advertisement
So I wanted to do a dive into Blake’s performance as AD vs. how we did before he got here. I examined the 3 major sports: football, basketball, and baseball. I took the 8 years Blake has been here (2013-2021) and compared them to the 8 years before he arrived (2005-2012).

I went in with the theory that the numbers before would be better and would show how we have lapsed during his tenure. I will post the tabulations rather than the season by season record in the interest of saving time. If anyone wants to look season by season you can use Google.

Football (2005-2012)

63-39, 62%
40-25 ACC, 62%

162-108, 60%
60-70 ACC 46%

Basketball (2013-2021)
151-110, 58%
74-80 ACC 48%

Baseball (2005-2012)
328-166-1, 66%
149-87 ACC, 63%

Baseball (2013-2021)
314-169, 65%
151-90 ACC 63%

Notice anything? We are the exact same under Blake, give or take a few games, as we were before him. He needs to go, I’m not saying he should stay, but maybe we need to settle into the reality that we are what our record says we are, a slightly above average ACC team in football, a slightly below average one in basketball, and a good (but not great anymore) baseball school.

We have won the ACC once in basketball before Blake (2012), and zero times with him. We won in baseball once before him (2008), and twice since he’s been here (2014, 2016).

I fully expected these numbers to make the case against Blake so clear and give firepower to our argument against him, but if anything they show him as comparable, if not slightly better, to what he inherited.

I’m not defending him, but looking at it from a BOT/Admin perspective. The signature football season in the last 16 years was 2017, which was under Blake’s watch. Blake had to navigate us through Al Golden’s favorite “the cloud”, whereas before that we had a a Natty within close proximity. If you are looking to make excuses for him, it’s pretty easy.

Once again, that is not my opinion! I think he and Manny should be sharing a tent in the Everglades. However, my opinion is of minute significance as an alum and mediocre donor (I used to give more but I just can’t anymore because I am so fed up and also cause I have 4 kids in private school 🤣).

It’s an unfortunate reality that we have not been great in a long time and we may need to recalibrate our expectations, no matter how sad that reality is. I’m so depressed having written this post, but I don’t want to get my hopes up again just to have them crushed. The football team in particular has ground me down.

Look at last 3 to 4 years at the decline of the department and report back. Even women's volleyball which is good this year has missed the NCAA tournament since 2017. Women's basketball has gone in the dumpster. Women's soccer won their first ACC road game since 2018. The department is a joke right now run by a clown.

Advertisement
If anything, those numbers mean you get what you pay for. Our best coaches in that entire period were Richt and Laranaga, both of which fell in our laps and were not “found” by the acting AD. We also left Jim Morris go way long past his prime and his replacement leaves a lot to be desired.

My point is, we haven’t hired talent that others have valued. No one has really moved on to success since Butch in any of the sports.

Your numbers may not be an indictment of Blake, but they sure are of the “powers that be.”

Look at last 3 to 4 years at the decline of the department and report back. Even women's volleyball which is good this year has missed the NCAA tournament since 2017. Women's basketball has gone in the dumpster. Women's soccer won their first ACC road game since 2018. The department is a joke right now run by a clown.
As mentioned, I totally agree. Just saying that we have struggled in the 3 sports that generate the most interest and by far the most revenue for some time.

If anything, those numbers mean you get what you pay for. Our best coaches in that entire period were Richt and Laranaga, both of which fell in our laps and were not “found” by the acting AD. We also left Jim Morris go way long past his prime and his replacement leaves a lot to be desired.

My point is, we haven’t hired talent that others have valued. No one has really moved on to success since Butch in any of the sports.

Your numbers may not be an indictment of Blake, but they sure are of the “powers that be.”
That’s exactly the point. That the powers that be don’t seem to care and the data supports that theory.

Advertisement
As mentioned, I totally agree. Just saying that we have struggled in the 3 sports that generate the most interest and by far the most revenue for some time.
Never give me a ??? reaction again, ***gitt.......you're acting like @JBCanes-NC .

@RVACane @No_Fly_Zone @JD08 the BS back and forth with BPC is the same as with Cush or baby blue . It's not a personal attack when I call him a ***gitt (just a term of endearment....and true)

Never give me a ??? reaction again, ***gitt.......you're acting like @JBCanes-NC .

@RVACane @No_Fly_Zone @JD08 the BS back and forth with BPC is the same as with Cush or baby blue . It's not a personal attack when I call him a ***gitt (just a term of endearment....and true)
Carry on with your savaging of each other then.

Somehow, he wrote his post in a way that the system thought it was spam and it came to the Maude’s for approval.

Somehow, he wrote his post in a way that the system thought it was spam and it came to the Maude’s for approval.
Probably came up that way cause the system smelled Gru's stench on him . He couldn't break free until not very long ago , BPC still stinks of penguin but he's a good poster .

In my opinion the OP is Spam.

@Big Pimpin Cane is Blake James ex husband and he is very defensive of him.

Last few years he has moved on to a blockheaded Ft Lauderdale lawyer and all they worry about is cigars, German kickball and men’s tennis.

Advertisement
Thanks to my “friends” @Ecush and @Dr.L.ThugU for completely detailing this thread that I spent longer than I should have researching.
I think any thread discussing the merrits of Blake James as AD will almost immediately descend into bullshiit. He is past the point of discussion.

Get your head out of blockheads lap and get with the program.

Advertisement
Thanks to my “friends” @Ecush and @Dr.L.ThugU for completely detailing this thread that I spent longer than I should have researching.
Ft Lauderdale Lawyer…. like [edited: rhymes with carcass]???
I think any thread discussing the merrits of Blake James as AD will almost immediately descend into bullshiit. He is past the point of discussion.

Get your head out of blockheads lap and get with the program.
:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: :oh-gif-kid:

Football (2005-2012)

63-39, 62%
40-25 ACC, 62%

162-108, 60%
60-70 ACC 46%

Basketball (2013-2021)
151-110, 58%
74-80 ACC 48%

Baseball (2005-2012)
328-166-1, 66%
149-87 ACC, 63%

Baseball (2013-2021)
314-169, 65%
151-90 ACC 63%

How about do it before this b@tch showed up.
She started this sh*tshow and hired most of this athletic department that’s more concerned with diversity than winning.

68DEF6C6-0B6D-40E3-8239-408FD00E0A0C.jpeg

Advertisement
Back