Blake James as AD vs Previous 8 Years

Advertisement
Denzel Washington GIF

I was telling RVA the other day about Sagamore Rye . I just tried it and think it’s delicious , especially in a Manhattan. You ever had it ?
Bottle and label is familiar, but I don't think I've tried it. Going on "my see it, buy it" list.

Last edited:
Bottle and label is familiar, but I don't think I've tried it. Going on "my see it, but it" list.
Dude at the store with the ECBP where your cousin got the Blanton’s strongly recommended it so I said *** it . Grabbed one and a rare breed and for 2 days I didn’t even open the rare breed the sagamore is more than good enough to sip neat , surprising too cause it’s got low proof but it’s like a refreshing fruit punch .

So I wanted to do a dive into Blake’s performance as AD vs. how we did before he got here. I examined the 3 major sports: football, basketball, and baseball. I took the 8 years Blake has been here (2013-2021) and compared them to the 8 years before he arrived (2005-2012).

I went in with the theory that the numbers before would be better and would show how we have lapsed during his tenure. I will post the tabulations rather than the season by season record in the interest of saving time. If anyone wants to look season by season you can use Google.

Football (2005-2012)
57-43, 57% win percentage
33-31 ACC, 52% win percentage 🤮

Football (2013-2021) (2020-21 counts as 21)
63-39, 62%
40-25 ACC, 62%

Basketball (2005-2012) (6 years of Haith, 2 of Coach L.)
162-108, 60%
60-70 ACC 46%
*this tabulation is wildly skewed by 2012 (29-7, 15-3 ACC)

Basketball (2013-2021)
151-110, 58%
74-80 ACC 48%

Baseball (2005-2012)
328-166-1, 66%
149-87 ACC, 63%

Baseball (2013-2021)
314-169, 65%
151-90 ACC 63%

Notice anything? We are the exact same under Blake, give or take a few games, as we were before him. He needs to go, I’m not saying he should stay, but maybe we need to settle into the reality that we are what our record says we are, a slightly above average ACC team in football, a slightly below average one in basketball, and a good (but not great anymore) baseball school.

We have won the ACC once in basketball before Blake (2012), and zero times with him. We won in baseball once before him (2008), and twice since he’s been here (2014, 2016).

I fully expected these numbers to make the case against Blake so clear and give firepower to our argument against him, but if anything they show him as comparable, if not slightly better, to what he inherited.

I’m not defending him, but looking at it from a BOT/Admin perspective. The signature football season in the last 16 years was 2017, which was under Blake’s watch. Blake had to navigate us through Al Golden’s favorite “the cloud”, whereas before that we had a a Natty within close proximity. If you are looking to make excuses for him, it’s pretty easy.

Once again, that is not my opinion! I think he and Manny should be sharing a tent in the Everglades. However, my opinion is of minute significance as an alum and mediocre donor (I used to give more but I just can’t anymore because I am so fed up and also cause I have 4 kids in private school 🤣).

It’s an unfortunate reality that we have not been great in a long time and we may need to recalibrate our expectations, no matter how sad that reality is. I’m so depressed having written this post, but I don’t want to get my hopes up again just to have them crushed. The football team in particular has ground me down.

That’s all folks. 😰 🤬 🤦🏼‍♂️
We have been saying this. There is a problem on an institutional level. It even goes above the President because both Shalala and Frenk oversaw a decline into mediocrity.

Miami’s success in football wasn’t earned. It fell into its lap. The school tapped into the local talent that other programs knew nothing about.

Instead of upping its game with additional ACC money, it contributed the bare minimum and assumed coasting in the coastal would eventually yield the same results it had in the 80s and 90s.

Advertisement
We have been saying this. There is a problem on an institutional level. It even goes above the President because both Shalala and Frenk oversaw a decline into mediocrity.

Miami’s success in football wasn’t earned. It fell into its lap. The school tapped into the local talent that other programs knew nothing about.

Instead of upping its game with additional ACC money, it contributed the bare minimum and assumed coasting in the coastal would eventually yield the same results it had in the 80s and 90s.
Yup. The sad thing is that we could still get a good portion of that local talent to stay with a good coach. Then you start winning and it’s easier to keep the best kids home. What a disgrace the entire “brain trust” has become.

Yeah, but he's a great fundraiser. Because apparently this is the f'n girl scouts. You know what else raises funds? Winning.

And for all these invisible funds he's raising they still tell us we're too broke to hire anyone. F this guy and the gas-powered ***** he rode in on.

Last edited:
Yeah, but he's a great fundraiser! Because apparently this is the f'n girl scouts. You know what else raises funds? Winning.

And for all these invisible funds he's raising they still tell us we're too broke to hire anyone. F this guy and the gas-powered ***** he rode in on.
For real. It’s proven that schools with good football teams get a major increase in applications and increased donations. But we don’t give a crap.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back