Blake James and scueduling

We can't pay UT Chattanooga to show up for punishment. What is so wrong to travel to these schools. Smash them like we did App St and call it a day. Some of you have no perspective. We can't stack our schedule with power 5 schools and we can't waste money paying teams to come in. Name another option.....

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

UT-Chattanooga is a **** good FCS school that played Bama a lot closer than UF did, and almost knocked #1 Sam Houston State out in the FCS playoffs yesterday.

Advertisement
We can't pay UT Chattanooga to show up for punishment. What is so wrong to travel to these schools. Smash them like we did App St and call it a day. Some of you have no perspective. We can't stack our schedule with power 5 schools and we can't waste money paying teams to come in. Name another option.....

UT-Chattanooga is a **** good FCS school that played Bama a lot closer than UF did, and almost knocked #1 Sam Houston State out in the FCS playoffs yesterday.
They're still a FCS school

We can pay them. We pay FAMU and Bethune-Cookman and Charleston Southern and Savannah State, so why not UTC?

Guys I am kidding (well half kidding) but I don't understand how a guy goes from being a complete buffoon banners flying telling him they would pay for a one way ticket to Maine economy to being an excellent AD after the Rick hire. Rick wanted to be here that is the reason he is here. The Adidas deal gave them the cash to make a play for a top tier coach.

Two things:

1. If UGA doesn't fire Richt, Richt is not coaching at Miami right now. That is pure luck, that isn't a plan. Blake or whoever actually hired him had no plan that involved Richt. Regardless of whether the hire was good, bad or average, it doesn't happen but for an event NOT in our control.

2. We had the money to pay a coach without Adidas. Our school is notoriously cheap but the money was there.

You sound so stupid when you say this. I can literally say what if about anything. The fact is he did hire Richt. So talk about what he did and didn't do. I could just as easily say what if He lured Nick Saban away from Bama? Would you think I was stupid for saying that? Yeah you would. Talk about what has actually happened. Richt was available, and he got it done. What more do you want from him ****.

Read the post slower you potato. Instead of some potato hyperbole, stick to a response that is logical.

I wouldn't mind playing someone like Wyoming, BYU, San Diego State, or Fresno State in a home-and-home. Better than Arkansas State, Toledo, or Appalachian State. Even Utah or Cal.

Advertisement
He is the worst AD or all time.

Does any other AD in the country not have their 2017 non-conference schedule complete already? Actually does any other AD not have their non-conference schedule complete through at least 2019 or 2020?

Also does any other Power 5 AD agree to home and home series with Appalachian State, Toledo, Arkansas State and FIU? Granted that playing at FIU is hardly a road game, but it still means we'll have to play at FIU's godawful stadium that sits about 500 people.

And this isn't even touching on his retention of Golden for 2015, and the rumors that he didn't even want to fire Golden after the Clemson game but the BOT forced him to.

JUST STOP THE RETARDATION

Guys I am kidding (well half kidding) but I don't understand how a guy goes from being a complete buffoon banners flying telling him they would pay for a one way ticket to Maine economy to being an excellent AD after the Rick hire. Rick wanted to be here that is the reason he is here. The Adidas deal gave them the cash to make a play for a top tier coach.

Two things:

1. If UGA doesn't fire Richt, Richt is not coaching at Miami right now. That is pure luck, that isn't a plan. Blake or whoever actually hired him had no plan that involved Richt. Regardless of whether the hire was good, bad or average, it doesn't happen but for an event NOT in our control.

2. We had the money to pay a coach without Adidas. Our school is notoriously cheap but the money was there.

You sound so stupid when you say this. I can literally say what if about anything. The fact is he did hire Richt. So talk about what he did and didn't do. I could just as easily say what if He lured Nick Saban away from Bama? Would you think I was stupid for saying that? Yeah you would. Talk about what has actually happened. Richt was available, and he got it done. What more do you want from him ****.

Read the post slower you potato. Instead of some potato hyperbole, stick to a response that is logical.

Yeah you're attributing everything to luck. It's a stupid *** argument.

Two things:

It was luck you ***ing potato. It isn't an argument, it is what actually happened.

Yes, ******** and Miami hired Richt after he was fired.

Advertisement

Two things:

People have short term memories so what you guys are saying unless we admit that Maine is everything Miami needs we are then bad or fake Canes fans? I say the exact opposite is true it would have been very easy to wash your hands and move on but loyalty is like that. You just don't have to pay to enable the inevitable disasters and incompetence.

I said wasn't all Maine the prior administration was a colossal failure and joke period. If they were so cheap and they could afford a top tier coach then what happened they just don't care? Or they thought Shannon and Folden were the most proven and experienced guys available to bring us a national title?

We have been laughed humiliated by those making upside down Us and honestly there is really no comeback. What do you say before this season "Well at least we had the Duke lateral play"

I would really like to know before Rick how many on here cared if Maine resigned and went back to Augusta if he is so competent and qualified?

Last edited:
The Worst,now that's a stretch.Let's start with two far worse,the two that bailed on the U and went to Texas Tech and
Nebraska.Then throw in a number fired for sexual proclivities;i.e. example Minn.AD.
Now for what James has done.!)Hired Richt,brilliant.2.)Hired Larranga.Even more brilliant.3)Nearly
completing finance indoor athletic facility.Great.4)Fired Golden in middle of season.
Biggest problem with James,his resume looks almost too good.

A few things to get the record straight:

1. Blake James was hired on February 8, 2013. Jim Larrañaga was named the 12th head coach of the University of Miami basketball program on April 22, 2011.
So the biggest and only successful hire we had recently had nothing to do with Blake James.

2. He didn't fire Al Golden. That was Frenk. Blake James was still supporting him that week. Stop with this narrative that Blake fired him. In addition, even if Blake fired him, it was way too late. There was no reason Al Golden should have been the coach in 2014, let alone 2015 when he was still employed in the position. It was way too ***ing late and way overdue.

3. It took him 5 years to graduate from Minnesota State University- Mankato. Prior to Miami, he was the senior AD at Maine. Yes, Maine. Big bad Maine. His bio featured him being a ticket salesman (Blake James Biography - University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site). The only reason he was hired as Miami's AD was because Donna decided that a puppet was needed and he was the senior position when Shawn Eichorst resigned in October, 2012.

---------------------------------

Miami has hired atrocious ADs recently, Eichorst and Hocutt are ***cing atrocious ADs. Blake being better than them is not an accomplishment.

As for Richt being a brilliant hire, I don't know how anyone can say that at this juncture. He was fired and Blake, without any plan, scooped up an unemployed coach. We just went 8-4, we just matched the regular season win total from the year before. We just watched VT and a new HC win the Coastal in year 1. Hopefully this becomes a brilliant hire but at this juncture it was purely luck that Richt is at Miami. But for UGA firing Richt, Miami has a different HC.
Ok,Ok I tried to slide Larranaga past you.I'll give you that one!

don't mind being different. he fired golden mid season so good for now

That was Frenk.

Are you joking? Frenk didn't give a rat's ***, as he has a lot more to deal with than what happens on 13 fall Saturdays.

Frenk forced the decision, this is a known thing. ******** was still sucking off ALbortion and Frenk went in.

This is a known thing.

He was barely five months into the job, I'm pretty sure he was dealing with fixing the med school, and getting the dead weight out of the way over there. Remember, Frenk can push all he want, but if the money people aren't moving then it doesn't make a **** bit of difference. This was a BOT/Golden Canes thing, as is most moves in the athletic department. Contrary to popular belief, athletic departments are low on the priority list of competent University presidents.

Advertisement

We can pay them. We pay FAMU and Bethune-Cookman and Charleston Southern and Savannah State, so why not UTC?

We pay those schools significantly less than what FBS programs get. The explosion in revenue for schools thanks to television deals have filtered down to how much "Rent A Victim" games cost. Remember, schools like Florida are paying upwards of 2 million dollars to beat on schools, Miami isn't doing that, for good reason. There is also another reason why Miami schedules FAMU and BCC, those schools are local, and their fans will help fill the stadium. This isn't Alabama, where people will spend good money to watch Miami compete against someone like UTC, there has to be a hook if it is an FCS program on the schedule. With FAMU/BCC, you get the bands, you get those schools' local fanbases turning out. That's why it makes sense to have those teams on the schedule. Frankly, as we've seen over the last decade, true home and homes between legit programs are becoming a thing of the past. Miami has to adjust and start pushing for more neutral site games, even though revenue wise, it doesn't help the school.

Last edited:
Two things:

It was luck you ***ing potato. It isn't an argument, it is what actually happened.

Yes, ******** and Miami hired Richt after he was fired.

He was trying to get Richt during the season. And there were constant rumors that he was going to be fired.

The thing that is extremely stupid about you using Richt being fired from UGA as a negative for James is you don't know what the **** he was going to do if Richt decided to take a break (I guess James had nothing to do with convincing Richt not to take a break, it was also just luck). You're argument is just bad dude. You don't want to admit James has done some good things lately.

He was barely five months into the job, I'm pretty sure he was dealing with fixing the med school, and getting the dead weight out of the way over there. Remember, Frenk can push all he want, but if the money people aren't moving then it doesn't make a **** bit of difference. This was a BOT/Golden Canes thing, as is most moves in the athletic department. Contrary to popular belief, athletic departments are low on the priority list of competent University presidents.

A few things:

1. Him being 5 months into the job is irrelevant. The situation was toxic and the decision needed to be made (it needed to be made after 2013 but not the point). So although the med school and those awful financials needed to be attended to, this situation was toxic and way overdue.

2. Our AD was still waiting until the end of the season to make a decision, he even said so after Clemson.

Miami athletic director Blake James called the day, "disappointing," but that no change in coaches would be coming in its immediate aftermath. He added: "We'll go and get ready to play Duke."

3. I agree that the president of the university has a ton of things to do. The president is not the GM of the sports program either. With that said, the loyalty and toxicity created an ugly and urgent matter that needed assistance.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He was trying to get Richt during the season. And there were constant rumors that he was going to be fired.

The thing that is extremely stupid about you using Richt being fired from UGA as a negative for James is you don't know what the **** he was going to do if Richt decided to take a break (I guess James had nothing to do with convincing Richt not to take a break, it was also just luck). You're argument is just bad dude. You don't want to admit James has done some good things lately.

1. Richt wasn't going anywhere unless he was forced out. This isn't some news flash.

2. It isn't stupid, it is what transpired. I am pointing out that ******** had no plan and that Richt fell into his lap. I guess it wasn't clear enough for you. So let me applaud our AD for having no plan but for UGA.

3. ******** has done so much bad that simply scheduling an opponent doesn't get him any respect from me. . He has also scheduled a ton of chitty opponents too. He can get respect when he actually does something that leads us to having success.

A few things:

1. Him being 5 months into the job is irrelevant. The situation was toxic and the decision needed to be made (it needed to be made after 2013 but not the point). So although the med school and those awful financials needed to be attended to, this situation was toxic and way over due.

2. Our AD was still waiting until the end of the season to make a decision, he even said so after Clemson.

Miami athletic director Blake James called the day, "disappointing," but that no change in coaches would be coming in its immediate aftermath. He added: "We'll go and get ready to play Duke."

3. I agree that the president of the university has a ton of things to do. The president is not the GM of the sports program either. With that said, the loyalty and toxicity created an ugly and urgent matter that needed assistance.

Public statements and what goes on behind closed doors are two different things. If you thought that Blake, or any AD not on crack would have come out and said "This **** is gone tomorrow", then you have little understanding of how leaders of organizations behave. Again, Frenk isn't a dictator, just like Dr. Shalala wasn't. They have to have support from the people writing the checks in order to get anything done. The relationship between Golden and the school had become toxic, but there was a problem: Getting someone to pay that buyout before the end of the season, and taking that hit. Once Miami was able to do that, combined with the 58-0 beatdown, made the move feasible. It was obvious after the Cinci game that Golden was out the door, the only question was when, and whether it would get so ugly that Miami would have to eat money in order for the fanbase to stop torching their own program.

Public statements and what goes on behind closed doors are two different things. If you thought that Blake, or any AD not on crack would have come out and said "This **** is gone tomorrow", then you have little understanding of how leaders of organizations behave. Again, Frenk isn't a dictator, just like Dr. Shalala wasn't. They have to have support from the people writing the checks in order to get anything done. The relationship between Golden and the school had become toxic, but there was a problem: Getting someone to pay that buyout before the end of the season, and taking that hit. Once Miami was able to do that, combined with the 58-0 beatdown, made the move feasible. It was obvious after the Cinci game that Golden was out the door, the only question was when, and whether it would get so ugly that Miami would have to eat money in order for the fanbase to stop torching their own program.

As for the first part, there is a way to handle comments and there is a way not to handle comments. Blake addresses the media like someone that has no clue what is going on or he has no perception of reality.

After the Bowl Game in 2014: "I understand the frustration of the fan base," he said. "The thing I would say to everyone is no one is more frustrated than everyone here. It's frustrating when you don't have the type of success you want as a program. With that said everyone has different perspectives on what needs to be done. My job is to work with Al and figure out what is the best plan for us to get to where we meet all those expectations. The bar is set very high here."

After the Bowl Game in 2014: "I don't want to put a time on it, `this date', but we have to continue to move forward. I think there was a lot of progress made this year, unfortunately it wasn't in the win and loss column. At the end of the day it's about wins and losses, and I understand that, and I understand why fans are frustrated."

After the UL Game in 2014: "We are going to be a better team at the end of this year than we were at the start of this year. We’re going to be a better team at the end of this year than we were last year and we’re going to continue to get better each year.”

He just sound and acts like a dolt. He can support his coaches and organization without sounding the way he does. He is the face of the athletic program too. Also, his comments after Clemson are concerning because at that point there is nothing left to support. The situation is way past toxic and urgent.

-------------

As for ******** and his continued support of ALbortion. He coddled him through out his tenure and especially after that 2014 bowl game. ******** didn't force him to do a proper end of the year conference with the media. He didn't want his baby to have to face the pressure from the media.

He acts like someone who has no control and his comments don't match what is going on. He has no accountability (both in his statements and his employees) and his plans are concerning.

------------

As for Frenk being a dictator. Nobody says he was a dictator. With that said, he certainly has the power to put the pressure and get the job done. The buyout, which was given unnecessarily by the school, is the responsibility of the school to take care of. They created the "toxic" situation and they needed to deal with it. It also was 1.5 years too late. Quit making the messes they're then forced to deal with.

Advertisement
Back