Blake Baker

Defense was really good today. Some of y’all are stuck in the 80s and 90s. Teams are going to move the ball, we just need to generate enough stops and force 3s in the RZ more often than not, which we did a great job of today. Offense put us in some awful spots as well but found enough big plays to get the job done.

Some of y’all just want to bítch about shít because I guess today’s W wasn’t impressive enough for you. Oh well, I’ll take it. We definitely lose this game last year, especially coming off last week.

Advertisement
This was a very solid game for this defense and has been this season. They have improved every week and looks so much better when 11 & 6 are on the field at LB.

Not a fan of baker. Overall the team looks sloppy but at least they won. Concerned about these coaches. Miami needs to be ready play every week.

Btw, go cardinals

Advertisement
I don’t disagree with regard to the era changing.

But I’m not asking to hold Louisville, Clemson, or UNC to 10 points. I’m asking to hold Pitt with a backup QB to 10 points, so as to indicate that when we play a legit offense, they don’t bust us wide open.

They’ll held them to 9

Advertisement
I agree with the way College football defenses are as dominant with the evolution of the spread offenses. And Blake did a overall great job today. But how many times have we all said watching the TV - why aren't we blitzing a inexperienced QB.....

I know I know - we are winning the battle on 3rd down,.,,, but how about winning the battle on 1st or 2nd down so 3rd down is fairly predictable.

Maybe I want to much.... It could be just me

JC

****** think that in today's college game with spread offense that we should not allow any catches or yards.

It is impossible. You play to limit the deep pass and keep everything in front of you. Until you idiots realize this, you will continue to get frustrated by this defense

Im offended by the use of the N word in this post.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t disagree with regard to the era changing.

But I’m not asking to hold Louisville, Clemson, or UNC to 10 points. I’m asking to hold Pitt with a backup QB to 10 points, so as to indicate that when we play a legit offense, they don’t bust us wide open.

They held him to 12. Is that good enough?

They’ll held them to 9
Fair enough, you definitely can attribute points to field position from turnovers.

At the end of the day I’m not satisfied with how good a backup QB with a noodle arm looked against us. The man threw for 280 yards and would’ve been a lot more if not for drops.

If our end goal is to beat Pitt then that was a great performance. If our goal is to get to the ACCCG and eventually beyond, what we saw today will not cut it imo.

Fair enough, you definitely can attribute points to field position from turnovers.

At the end of the day I’m not satisfied with how good a backup QB with a noodle arm looked against us. The man threw for 280 yards and would’ve been a lot more if not for drops.

If our end goal is to beat Pitt then that was a great performance. If our goal is to get to the ACCCG and eventually beyond, what we saw today will not cut it imo.
How many rushing yards did they have?

The game plan was shut the run down and make the qb beat you. The d gave up three fg’s. Our o gave them the hall on the one and inside the 20-30 yard line. Yards don’t matter when the game plan was to make the qb beat you and our punter kept pinning them deep.

I’m not a huge baker guy but you’d think he’s Dorito with how some obsess over him. His faaaaar from that.

Advertisement
Back