Blake Baker

canesbaby

Sophomore
Premium
Maybe I’m just an average fan who doesn’t know enough about X’s and O’s but anyone else feel like he is coming into his own this season? I don’t put Clemson all on him as the offense was a joke in that game. He called another solid game today in my view and did a good job after the offense turned the ball over.

Advertisement
Not terrible, but not good enough. If this is the most we can get out of all the defensive talent we have, I’d hate to see how he looks without the talent.

He was better than Lashlee today though.

Advertisement
QB KING ain't that good in my opinion. Too short and no spiral on the football he almost cost the game . He can't read a defense. Anyway, ill take the win. Imagine if pickett was playing

Last edited:
****** think that in today's college game with spread offense that we should not allow any catches or yards.

It is impossible. You play to limit the deep pass and keep everything in front of you. Until you idiots realize this, you will continue to get frustrated by this defense

Advertisement
Not terrible, but not good enough. If this is the most we can get out of all the defensive talent we have, I’d hate to see how he looks without the talent.

He was better than Lashlee today though.
This is 2020 , I hate to break news but the era of dominating d is over. You make teams put together long drives and try to get sacks , Tfl , or penalties.

Advertisement
The d gave up 9 points....are we really going this ? The offense was a **** show, once again the wr’s couldn’t get open and the ol got whipped. 74 looked like last year at times, total mess.
Agreed, we are not an OL that’s just going to line up and beat teams. We need to scheme players open better.

Advertisement
I’m not sure what more you can ask from the D in this game. Pitt had two drives start deep in our territory, one on the 2. Without those they gave up 9 points. Pitt also killed us in TOP because of our 3 and outs. Don’t let the final stats fool you, we used the final 8 of 10 minutes in the game. Defense bailed out the offense today.

This is 2020 , I hate to break news but the era of dominating d is over. You make teams put together long drives and try to get sacks , Tfl , or penalties.
I don’t disagree with regard to the era changing.

But I’m not asking to hold Louisville, Clemson, or UNC to 10 points. I’m asking to hold Pitt with a backup QB to 10 points, so as to indicate that when we play a legit offense, they don’t bust us wide open.

Advertisement
Back