Blake Baker

streetja

UM HC: Miami Natives Only 😎
AKA Discount Manny

-- On the field for 24 minutes, gave up 28 points

-- 4 of those minutes were on the last drive after the 4th and 17

-- On 4th and 17 sends the slowest developing blitz ever, I think we rushed 5 in total. Call me an armchair coach, but that's the exact type of situation where you go cover 0 and blitz everyone not covering a receiver.

-- Speaking of Cover 0, why was that his go to tonight? Feast or famine type defense that worked well enough at a decent clip but when it didn't work... it went horribly wrong.

-- Want to make the QB beat you and see if the receivers can get past the CBs? Fine, but don't stick your ******* head in the sand and keep going to it as you continually get burned to the tune of 11.7 ypc on 68% passing completion.

-- That scheme also got grossly exploited everytime UNC ran the ball to the outside. Stacked receivers run go routes, the 2 CBs playing man run with them and we're left with the world's slowest LBs to try and catch them before they turn the corner.

We may have won this game if Manny was the DC. Instead he gave the job to his mini-me the instant he was hired and it just played a huge part in costing us a game.

Advertisement
Won't be fired because A, he and Manny go back and B, he just had a kid.
This is the ultimate test of Manny. Is he going to Richt it up or is he going to fire his buddies.

If our defense continue to take a step back send Blake to the chopping block and Patke needed to be fired yesterday. Horrible promotion on Manny's part.

Advertisement
Did Baker blow the coverage for UNC's first TD or did Bandy? People kept complaining that Hill needed to play more but every time he was in and Carolina ran the ball, they went right by him. All the missed tackles, they run drills in every practice, but the players keep whiffing on them in games. I'm not saying Baker doesn't have his share of blame, he does, but it's more than just Baker.

Did Baker blow the coverage for UNC's first TD or did Bandy? People kept complaining that Hill needed to play more but every time he was in and Carolina ran the ball, they went right by him. All the missed tackles, they run drills in every practice, but the players keep whiffing on them in games. I'm not saying Baker doesn't have his share of blame, he does, but it's more than just Baker.
Bandy bit hard on the double move. But again, why zero safety coverage?

Advertisement
Gurvan Hall running from 50 yards back to get to the QB. He's the only one we sent right?
Honestly bud the whole thing was so nightmarish I can’t remember.

But that was vintage Manny from a couple of years ago. Blitzing when it makes absolutely no sense.

I’m all for blitzing but out DL would have gotten some pressure rushing 3 or 4.

Ffs....4th and 17...you have to actively try and **** that up

Advertisement
Advertisement
That blitz on 4th and 17 was actually classic Manny. He would do that **** all the time.

You’ve got freaks at DE like Rousseau.

Just let them work for ***** sake.

And I swear I saw Rousseau playing the same ‘contain’ bullshyte we saw against UF. I read he’s a elite, freak pass rusher. Yet, he’s not rushing the passer.

Honestly bud the whole thing was so nightmarish I can’t remember.

But that was vintage Manny from a couple of years ago. Blitzing when it makes absolutely no sense.

I’m all for blitzing but out DL would have gotten some pressure rushing 3 or 4.

Ffs....4th and 17...you have to actively try and **** that up
You see all out blitzes all the time in the NFL in that situation. Receivers need to run routes that will take a chunk of time and meanwhile the D sends more men than the line can protect. I guess our tackling in the secondary can make that risky but playing a soft zone in that situation sucks. Which is what we essentially did.

And I swear I saw Rousseau playing the same ‘contain’ bullshyte we saw against UF. I read he’s a elite, freak pass rusher. Yet, he’s not rushing the passer.
I think it was Patchan that ran the world's slowest stunt on that play.

Advertisement
Back