Blake Baker

Lol who would you have recommended?

I’m just a long time supporter and observer. I’ve help with two coaches salaries but I don’t get paid to make those decisions. We all live and die with Manny’s decisions, just please no frigging contract extension after one good year. In the end Mark was a Cane and made a family decision. Manny is a nole and not likely to leave so easy if he turns into another Golden. All that said, I have high hopes for next year if this OSU kid can play.

Advertisement
I’m just a long time supporter and observer. I’ve help with two coaches salaries but I don’t get paid to make those decisions. We all live and die with Manny’s decisions, just please no frigging contract extension after one good year. In the end Mark was a Cane and made a family decision. Manny is a nole and not likely to leave so easy if he turns into another Golden. All that said, I have high hopes for next year if this OSU kid can play.

If youre going to **** on the hire than at least say who you think we shouldve hired instead. Otherwise youre just here to *****....bad look.

I for one didn’t mind the DC hire given our overall financial restraints. We knew that the defensive side was already in at least decent hands under Diaz. I have maintained I don’t think we have been elite but we have been very good. Diaz was always gonna have his imprint on it but needed someone to be able to take some of the work load off of him as HC is already a big enough job. He brings in a young and bright guy that already has history with Diaz and runs a similar attacking defense.

Advertisement
Not my favorite hire. His second DC job replacing Manny. I doubt he will do anything but clone Manny. I would like someone to build and improve what Manny left. Please don’t bother with how great Manny’s defense was last year. We went 7-6 and loss to teams that should hav never scored a point. It was the best part of a losing team, that’s it. This guy need to improve it not sit on it.
Have you ever watched football before lol

Crap, I had not noticed that. Thanks. That completely changes my view. Manny is god and his defense was light years better than all those hala$$ ones we had back in the glory days. What was I thinking that

For an intelligent guy, that's a pretty weak response.

No one said we had the greatest defense since sliced bread but we finished in the top 5. When you factor in how bad the offense was, in addition to how bad the special teams were, as was pointed out by another poster, it was a pretty remarkable accomplishment. Our D was on the field and having to defend a short field quite often and still finished where they did.

Crap, I had not noticed that. Thanks. That completely changes my view. Manny is god and his defense was light years better than all those hala$$ ones we had back in the glory days. What was I thinking that

Let me ask you, do you think Baker is an upgrade over Manny at DC, even exchange or drop in quality?

We'll have a good idea if he knows what he's doing, cause the main thing im looking for is are the players being put in position to make plays. The defense might fall off this year cause you already know who we lost, so replacing them, even if manny was still the d-co would've been a challenge, but with coach rumph and coach banda, they've been thru this before, they had to replace rayshawn, corn and carterter and they did that with jaquan, redwine and #28. So i got confidence that our secondary wont have to much of a drop off, **** they may even be better. We got the linebackers coming back, but replacing g3 and joe, we'll see, we all ready been thru it, having to replace mcintosh and norton and we got better, jess simpson was an upgrade over coach kool and ssveral of us knew that early on in springball, i dont expect much of a drop off in overall d-line play, but having one dominant individual like g3 might not see that level but we got guys on the come up.

With all that being said, as of right now we know garvin will get doubled teamed consistently, especially if no one else emerges, but we got some athletic guys on that d-line and rosseau might just end up being one of college footballs worst nightmare.

So to be clear, the defensive situation baker is coming into is like manny did in 2016, 3 freshman linebacker starters, next year, 3 brand new starting secondary players, 2016, no proven d-line, but good talent in chad thomas, d jack, norton, mcintosh and trent that went to the next level, oh yeah and joe jack did his thing as a freshman, next season, good d-line talent in, garvin and bethel, will ford, miller jade and ucla go to the next level as well as rosseau and will harvey or williams have a joe jack type of season. When i first saw harvey, he instantly reminded me of a stockier garvin, real fluid. We got guys to work with so saying all that, im sure manny made the hire cause he respects coach baker's mental aspect of the game, is he better than manny, when you look at the fact that manny is from Miami and the passion he brings he was the right hire when coach richt brought him in. So just that aspect alone i cant put baker above manny, but i do think he is an aggressive d-co and that is going to work real well here, if he does better than manny that'll be impressive.

With the gaytors coming out the gate, wont take long to find out alot about our personnel and coach baker! Coach diaz has got alot of experienced football minds around him though which is real smart, and if the punting game and offensive efficiency improves, that'll be 2 of baker's best friends.

Advertisement

Yea Blake is like the guy who asks the girl to marry him after she gives it up on the first date.

At least get a couple years into his contract to make sure whatever it was that is prompting you to give that extension is going to last more than one year.
If we are going out and spending money for not only better/more expensive coaches and better/more expensive support staff this will end up handcuffing the program even worse if an unnecessary/unwarranted extension is given.

Manny ain’t going anywhere.Theres no reason to give him an extension after one year.

Not my favorite hire. His second DC job replacing Manny. I doubt he will do anything but clone Manny. I would like someone to build and improve what Manny left. Please don’t bother with how great Manny’s defense was last year. We went 7-6 and loss to teams that should hav never scored a point. It was the best part of a losing team, that’s it. This guy need to improve it not sit on it.

You really expect teams not to score in 2018/19?

Advertisement
Back