Blake Baker

Advertisement
Not a whole lot new. Likes that he’s coached with Diaz, so it feels like family and comfortable with the system.

Nice to be recruiting for a school that gets people excited.

Advertisement
Not my favorite hire. His second DC job replacing Manny. I doubt he will do anything but clone Manny. I would like someone to build and improve what Manny left. Please don’t bother with how great Manny’s defense was last year. We went 7-6 and loss to teams that should hav never scored a point. It was the best part of a losing team, that’s it. This guy need to improve it not sit on it.

Not my favorite hire. His second DC job replacing Manny. I doubt he will do anything but clone Manny. I would like someone to build and improve what Manny left. Please don’t bother with how great Manny’s defense was last year. We went 7-6 and loss to teams that should hav never scored a point. It was the best part of a losing team, that’s it. This guy need to improve it not sit on it.

95230488-6C9A-4905-A3EC-E1D9CD42D937.gif

Idiot.

Advertisement
Holy Shiite! The offense was ranked 104 or something and we had a minimum top 5 Defense.

U's defense was rated near the top,so I am not sure you accurately portraying 2018 defense. As we all know, there is not a lot of real defense in football today.

FragrantNewGrunion-max-1mb.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
U's defense was rated near the top,so I am not sure you accurately portraying 2018 defense. As we all know, there is not a lot of real defense in football today.

Clemson seems to disagree. They were a lot more defense than Bama could handle. We improved the never get off filed on third down problem but gave up all those turnovers. We had no or little offense for two years, the turnovers were the difference in 2017. That is the improvement we need. Stop the other team AND take the ball away. If Manny is what what his fans claim, he is thinking the same way: how can we improve the defense? The Baker hire is strong indicator he might not be thinking that way. I love what he did with the OC hire. Would have liked a similar type move for DC.

Clemson seems to disagree. They were a lot more defense than Bama could handle. We improved the never get off filed on third down problem but gave up all those turnovers. We had no or little offense for two years, the turnovers were the difference in 2017. That is the improvement we need. Stop the other team AND take the ball away. If Manny is what what his fans claim, he is thinking the same way: how can we improve the defense? The Baker hire is strong indicator he might not be thinking that way. I love what he did with the OC hire. Would have liked a similar type move for DC.

Sounds like we agree to disagree

...went 7-6 and loss to teams that should hav never scored a point...

Respectfully disagree. While Miami could have won most of the 6 Ls from last season, the rules of the game so heavily favor Os and point scoring that even the Citadel scored on Alabama (10th string players or not).

Its one of the reasons why Richt's leadership, or lack thereof, was so maddening. Miami should have scored far more points just based on rules stacked towards the offense.

Was the D perfect? Hardly. But several losses really can't be pinned on them.

Advertisement
Back