Blake Baker

Lifeless, black eyes...like a doll's eyes...

jaws-indianapolis.jpg

Advertisement
Its a similar defense to what Manny runs. Its a lot of chaos up front and then pretty much man on the back end. Its very analytically driven and it can mold to different things depending on the offense. His defense pretty much generates the same effects as Manny's as he ranked 5th in FBS in sacks and 12th in TFL with lesser athletes. I also just like him as a person he is very smart and well spoken and has good energy
Correct. All things considered I’d much rather have him than the Intern and the Bartender as Co-DC of a P5 school.

https://latechsports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=95

YPP Rank (2015-2018): 44,66,63,25

I don't know too much about him, but based on those numbers I wouldn't call it a great hire.

Advertisement
Thought Fran was gonna be the DC at temple

He was , maybe it as co. But he definitely was going to temple.

Fran was also rumored here if he didn’t get temple hc. Fran was the number guy at one point.

He was , maybe it as co. But he definitely was going to temple.

Fran was also rumored here if he didn’t get temple hc. Fran was the number guy at one point.
He was going to be co-dc at temple but baker was rumored to be the guy that was actually going to run the defense. Brown was hired at temple for recruiting.

Advertisement
These La Tech run defense numbers are horrible. Do we plan on playing any run defense?

Last edited:
If only we had a HC on staff familiar with the defense to help with needed adjustments ...
Why are we going to go after a DC that needs a little hand holding? It seems some are just starved for anything instead of getting a well qualified and capable coordinator.

Advertisement
He was going to be co-dc at temple but baker was rumored to be the guy that was actually going to run the defense. Brown was hired at temple for recruiting.

Gotcha . I was just told co/dc for Fran , I didn’t know about Baker

Miami will always have a budget. While spending more money we aren't suddenly going to become Bama. It sounds like we are going to go after some high priced offensive coaches. That means we aren't getting a big name DC. It will be a cheap up and comer. I'm just excited he isn't going to call plays and isn't satisfied with having Banda do it either.

Why are we going to go after a DC that needs a little hand holding? It seems some are just starved for anything instead of getting a well qualified and capable coordinator.

I get your point.

But Manny is a defensive coach. He’s a HC because of the success of the defense he wants to run.

It only makes sense that he would want someone to run his defense as close as possible to the way that he would run it. He’s not looking to re-invent the D.

So, you hire guys who know your D. And who you trust to run the D the way you like.

If it doesn’t work, maybe you find someone else to bring something new. But you don’t start your tenure by scrapping what made you successful.

And if you think Saban, Smart, Pruitt, Muschamp, Stoops (UK), and every other DC that became a HC didn’t/don’t do hand holding, I don’t know what to tell you ...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back