Blake Baker Will Be Gone

I don't think Baker will be fired and I also have no clue if Manny was calling the defense in the second half of the last 2 games. If Manny was calling the D than he has a big decision. Either way, the last 2 games the D stepped up in the fourth quarters and played winning football. I also believe, 2020 Covid season won't be held against coaches unless their is just a bad relationship. Safe to say Manny and Blake have a good relationship. I'm putting my odds on Baker not being fired.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Manny took over play calling duties again this year, during the fourth quarter of the NCSU game and most if not all of the VT game, then there is no way that Baker can remain next year. It is a clear admission that Baker cannot do and has not done his job satisfactorily. And being demoted to a position coach on the same team is not feasible for a coordinator. He gone.
Pray Praise The Lord GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Manny took over play calling duties again this year, during the fourth quarter of the NCSU game and most if not all of the VT game, then there is no way that Baker can remain next year. It is a clear admission that Baker cannot do and has not done his job satisfactorily. And being demoted to a position coach on the same team is not feasible for a coordinator. He gone.

Nah.
Wishful thinking.

Advertisement
Honestly, with the way the fan base has gotten against him, it's probably in everyone's best interests. He will get no credit here as fans all say Manny took over if something goes well. It's all on him if it goes poorly.

Not saying he does/doesn't deserve it, just saying sometimes it's best for all parties to make a change.
I think that probably applies to a couple of guys on that side. I hope Manny has the confidence and grit to bring in someone from outside of his yesman network and who may bring something different to how the my view the game

Advertisement
Listen this is Manny's defensive scheme and he wants to create his oown coaching tree. Hence why he brought in Baker rather than promote Banda to DC. The hope probably was Baker would add some wrinkles he developed at LA Tech and Banda would get more time to develop as a Co-DC then eventually replace Baker when Baker moved on to another school. With Patke replacing Banda as DC a few years later.

The biggest problem with Manny's defense is it critically dependent on having a very good to elite Dline coach that can get his unit to provide constant disruptive pressure on the offense otherwise the defense is just average with a lot of lipstick.

Go Canes

Honestly, with the way the fan base has gotten against him, it's probably in everyone's best interests. He will get no credit here as fans all say Manny took over if something goes well. It's all on him if it goes poorly.

Not saying he does/doesn't deserve it, just saying sometimes it's best for all parties to make a change.
"Sorry Blake, it's just not working out."

Why do we beat a dead horse all the time? Just let it play out and let's see if the appropriate changes are made. I have faith after this past off-season manny isn't one to continue doing the same.thing if it ain't working but we'll have to wait and see..
It’s a message board where we have 100 page threads about kids who aren’t even coming here. 80% of the threads are beating a dead horse.

Advertisement
Back