Blake Baker Interviewed With LSU

Advertisement
Because the U eats $1M if they fire him. Let it play out.

Regardless, When Manny Diaz called plays with Jess Simpson in 2018 the defense had its best season. The addition of TRob and Manny calling plays screams more man/press, less zone and a more aggressive D. Simpson preaches gap integrity/outside contain, hence, 2018 being our best defensive season. Get a new DC/LB coach or just LB coach and let’s roll.
Where does the $1Mil come from? I thought the salaries weren't disclosed. Not saying you're wrong

Last edited:
Per the LSU 247 board, he is flying in today and interviewing tomorrow. Not sure why they are not interviewing the same day.

But the highlight is the hot takes by their posters regarding Baker. i.e. He is a great linebacker coach and recruiter, Miami fans are crazy his defense was great the first year but it sucked this year because we lost a ton of starters on defense. Like our 3 Lbs, 2 deep at DE, our best corner in Bandy and a starter at DT in Bethel. So what did we expect to happen.

The posts are just great.

Advertisement
LOL. Banda to USU. I'm talking about raiding our staff from top to bottom, ala Alabama raiding.
Alabama? No one in college football history has the turnover Saban deals with. Pretty sure Temple hired our DC to be a head coach too. The last Miami coordinator to get a HC position was Schiano in 2000. So I’m not sure what raiding you’re even talking about.

assistant coach contracts are guaranteed?
At bigger schools a lot of times they are
I hear you but if you get your man a job at you company and you care about his career, then it's unlikely that you're just going to toss him out in the street when he underperforms without a landing spot. He already publicly neutered him and it seems like Baker started looking around for gigs himself after that. I hate it from a fan's perspective too but I understand it from a relationship/business perspective. Would be different if it wasn't one of "his guys" as we've seen already. That's not a Manny thing that's a broader issue.
I feel like this is a very well put response to why Manny kept Baker especially the part about the "fan's perspective."

Advertisement
Wtf bro?!? baker iz da bomb... hope we don’t lose him to L$U!
I guess your being sarcastic but if he’s so bad why do top programs what him on their staff is all I’m saying. Case in point look at the offensive line coach for UNC who was coaching our line a couple of years ago. Many on here thought he was horrible meanwhile the ran for over 500 yards And went to a better bowl. I’m just saying 🤷🏽‍♂️

Per the LSU 247 board, he is flying in today and interviewing tomorrow. Not sure why they are not interviewing the same day.

But the highlight is the hot takes by their posters regarding Baker. i.e. He is a great linebacker coach and recruiter, Miami fans are crazy his defense was great the first year but it sucked this year because we lost a ton of starters on defense. Like our 3 Lbs, 2 deep at DE, our best corner in Bandy and a starter at DT in Bethel. So what did we expect to happen.

The posts are just great.
Yeah their takes on that board are crazy lol but we’ll just let them think that’ll be a great hire for them lol. They keep bringing up that he won’t be calling plays but shxt...we don’t even want him as a position coach HERE lol. For some reason they also think he’s a Louisiana/Texas recruiting guru

Some of them are attributing Baker's "demotion" - no longer calling plays- to something that happened between manny and Baker. I don't think a single poster on their board did any research into how the defense performed this year... All their citations are regarding 2019

They seem to think Orgeron sees Baker as being "experience" on staff for the guy they appear to be hiring as the new DC. He has no previous play-calling experience although he has coached in numerous places for a number of years. Baker would be a type of "insurance policy" if things go wrong there....

Some of them are attributing Baker's "demotion" - no longer calling plays- to something that happened between manny and Baker. I don't think a single poster on their board did any research into how the defense performed this year... All their citations are regarding 2019

They seem to think Orgeron sees Baker as being "experience" on staff for the guy they appear to be hiring as the new DC. He has no previous play-calling experience although he has coached in numerous places for a number of years. Baker would be a type of "insurance policy" if things go wrong there....
I love it lol. Please take him

Advertisement

It’s 100% the defense and calling the plays. Manny was very unimpressed with Blake his first year , he’s taken the play calling multiple times.

From LSU 247 in the past hour:

*** Another note to pass along on Miami defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Blake Baker. He's a candidate and he's very much a natural fit for the job, but he also makes around $700,000 and despite having his play calling duties stripped, it's tough to give up that type of salary as well. LSU pays very well of course, but for a linebackers coach, that might be tough when there are other options out there.

Advertisement
Naw.... I ain't falling for this man lol. Baker has killed my excitement too many times for him to do it again.

From LSU 247 in the past hour:

*** Another note to pass along on Miami defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Blake Baker. He's a candidate and he's very much a natural fit for the job, but he also makes around $700,000 and despite having his play calling duties stripped, it's tough to give up that type of salary as well. LSU pays very well of course, but for a linebackers coach, that might be tough when there are other options out there.

No Way Smile GIF by Get Out Movie

Advertisement
Back