Blake Baker Interviewed With LSU

I just said I thought that ship left the dock. I would have no problem if he came back...
There you go, imagine coach shannon as the d-co with coach rumph and now t-rob and Jess simpson, the defense would be even that much better cause coach would have the linebackers on point. Now with manny being back at d-co, at least our coverages will go back to being tighter.

Advertisement
twerk GIF by City Girls

Advertisement
@Page305 now we have to figure out what charity is now their bag man.
I've been trying to tag you for the past 5mins but my phone is tripping!! Lol but hey, that's all on YOU! My job is to send you $5 like I said and I'm sticking to that. Post yah Cashapp!

Schiano and Chud just to name two. Go look at JJ’s staff and you’ll see some coaches who eventually became NFL HCs. If someone wants to argue that there is a better coaching stepping stone than Miami - I’m all ears. When we’re on our game - we can’t be fugged with.
Wannstadt as well...

Advertisement
Why is he babysitting coaches? It's not his responsibility to find them jobs. It's his responsibility to win games
Him looking after his guys is the reason we got TRob (see TRob interview). So while I get what ur saying, we have to take the good that comes with the bad. Some guys don't want to work for a cutthroat CFB HC....especially after you've been around the block a little bit and see how things work.

Imma tell you like this...With the Manny hate...I’m not here for it anymore, here’s why...Don’t look at his personality..He doesn’t have a growlly Cajun, eat lighting and shid thunder kinda personality. He grew up a privileged kid in Miami more or less. Look at what he does...He saw the offense needed an overhaul, and fired them all. He thought Enos would do well be brought him in. He didn’t, got him out quick. Brought in 3 former OC’s and one of the best QB’s we’ve had in a while. With the Baker situation, he didn’t “fire” him because they would owe so he hires and fires the staff around him and takes away his power to make him uncomfortable, why? So he could quit. What what you want about the guy, but that is one slick puppy. He’s got teeth, just not the kind we’re use to seeing. He has a deceptively quiet mean streak to his style. Like a Ninja Assassin kinda jazz. All he’s done since he’s got here is make improvements little by little. I’m actually more so confident in him now than I was when he first got the job. Looking at his work, he consistently improves what he has to with the tools he has. It’s how you build something from the ground up. With hi either you produce or your gone. He’s preeeeetty savy. Blaker is done.
You're absolutely right. He's conducting business like a businessman. We're so used to the way these cutthroat coaches do business that we see that as the way it should be.

I give the CIS board an analogy: I have an uncle who is a playas playa, LadiesMan 101 lol. He's honest with his lady friends... instead of lying/deceiving he simply gives them the choice of being "friends" and accepting his lack of commitment or agree to to disagree and go ur separate ways with dignity and respect for one another. So he's like how i'm a dog nephew, I keep it real w/them, they don't know personal specs but they know I see other women.....I tell him, unc ur still a dog mane, just more like a "Puppy that walks up to you and ****es on your leg....LOL....most ppl see that and they like what the heck, this dog just peed on me, and shoo it away, no harm no foul".....whereas most guys want the chick to think they the only one etc etc etc.....difference is how bad the woman gets hurt because the outcome is still the same, they want the dude to themselves and didn't get that so they hurt.....BUT they don't feel like a Doberman just got done ripping them to shreds either.

Manny is a dog, just not the kind of dog we're accustomed to seeing in CFB. Let's give the man a chance and let him work.

You're absolutely right. He's conducting business like a businessman. We're so used to the way these cutthroat coaches do business that we see that as the way it should be.

I give the CIS board an analogy: I have an uncle who is a playas playa, LadiesMan 101 lol. He's honest with his lady friends... instead of lying/deceiving he simply gives them the choice of being "friends" and accepting his lack of commitment or agree to to disagree and go ur separate ways with dignity and respect for one another. So he's like how i'm a dog nephew, I keep it real w/them, they don't know personal specs but they know I see other women.....I tell him, unc ur still a dog mane, just more like a "Puppy that walks up to you and ****es on your leg....LOL....most ppl see that and they like what the heck, this dog just peed on me, and shoo it away, no harm no foul".....whereas most guys want the chick to think they the only one etc etc etc.....difference is how bad the woman gets hurt because the outcome is still the same, they want the dude to themselves and didn't get that so they hurt.....BUT they don't feel like a Doberman just got done ripping them to shreds either.

Manny is a dog, just not the kind of dog we're accustomed to seeing in CFB. Let's give the man a chance and let him work.
exactly!!!

Like I said, I think this will get done. It’s just negotiating at this point. Landing at the program a year removed from the national title in the state where you played CFB as a position coach after receiving a demotion isn’t a horrible move. He’ll walk into a ton of talent and get praise if the LBs play well. He won’t even get credit if Miami’s defense looks good this year — he’d be foolish not to take this gig, especially when Manny was clearly looking around to replace him.
They keep mentioning this but it’s also notable that they have no other LB coach interviews set up. They have multiple for DL. If he can get a 2 year deal and more job security I’d imagine he has to take that.
No inside info at all but this was pretty obvious once the smoke started this week.

Advertisement

You got it.

Advertisement
Back