Blake Baker hired

Advertisement
i didn't even consider them signing new contracts and that would make sense based on what they do. i was thinking from a normal employee perspective.
I don't know details of their contracts. Typically assistants have retention bonus that are paid pro rata so Miami could let them keep that. I know they gave Simpson a bump and then if they kept these two and then the new DC they would be paying alot of money when it doesn't make sense. Richt jumped the gun promoting those guys. Richt didn't seem like he was all there last season

it is. i work for the university. unless they sign a new contract as @Jayleepg23 mentioned (which i didn't even think about and makes sense), their nominal base salary can't be bumped down. it's why a big portion of um's administrative staff that have been shifted around have weird pay disparities for positions that are normally stuck in a payband.

As do I, and it is 100% incorrect. I have personally seen it on many occasions. Generally you don’t reduce salaries, but it’s definitely happened.

As do I, and it is 100% incorrect. I have personally seen it on many occasions. Generally you don’t reduce salaries, but it’s definitely happened.

that's interesting. i know several people that were moved across divisions/departments into positions that are in lower bands than the jobs they moved from and not a single one of them had reductions in pay or classification. i always asked why because it didn't make sense to be paying $5-10k more than what a new hire could make (because i think it's an incredibly stupid way of doing business) and was told that it wasn't allowed per hr.

They have to sign new contracts. That's a fact. They have or had co DC contracts. Manny said him self he is working on everyone's roll. Once they get new rolls they will get new contracts. Assistant coaches contracts are very voidable. Not like head coaches with buy outs and other stipulations

Advertisement
that's interesting. i know several people that were moved across divisions/departments into positions that are in lower bands than the jobs they moved from and not a single one of them had reductions in pay or classification. i always asked why because it didn't make sense to be paying $5-10k more than what a new hire could make (because i think it's an incredibly stupid way of doing business) and was told that it wasn't allowed per hr.
My wife works for a university. You are correct in what your saying, but the athletic Dept is completely different. Most employees in the university don't have contracts like the coaches or AD.

They have to sign new contracts. That's a fact. They have or had co DC contracts. Manny said him self he is working on everyone's roll. Once they get new rolls they will get new contracts. Assistant coaches contracts are very voidable. Not like head coaches with buy outs and other stipulations

Speaking about regular employees who don't normally have contracts.

Generally at the director levels or below they don't....at higher levels they will if there is a significant change in role. Either way, not really relevant to 99% of the board lol. Back to Blake2.0 talk.

Generally at the director levels or below they don't....at higher levels they will if there is a significant change in role.

that's why then. i'm not privy to anyone beyond director/exec director level and everyone i know of were shifts in associate director and below.

Advertisement
Generally at the director levels or below they don't....at higher levels they will if there is a significant change in role. Either way, not really relevant to 99% of the board lol. Back to Blake2.0 talk.
So far I like everything Manny is doing. He seems to have learned from Richt and alot of coaches mistakes as far as being to loyal and doing to much. Baker I think will be a great extension. I just hope he can recruit

For those asking about crootin’, in the 2018 LATech class, 7 of the top 10 recruits were on defense 4 of top 5 were listed as DBs (something we desperately need).

Now obviously you can’t attribute all that to him but at least his staff/side of the ball pulled its weight for a C-USA program.

I'd love to see what his planned staff was for Temple.

Is it the same guys or has he picked from a higher tier of candidates now he's the HC of the U?

Baker and Banda were grad assistants at UT with Manny. Manny got fired there but I guess he doesn’t blame them at all. Without any knowledge, I would guess Baker was going to Temple. Seems a little light weight for Miami, but I thought Manny was too. I’m glad he hire one but would have like a little more seasoning, not seven less than Manny.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back