Blake Baker hired

Yards per play is a much better indicator (than total yards/game) on how good a defense actually is. I can't help it if you don't get that.

Naw; I agree....but it’s not the end all to be all. My 2006 Bears gave up a ton a yards. Believe they were like 25th or 27th back then, calling it bend don’t break. But guess what? Cats couldn’t get in the end zone or they were turning folks over and getting sacks. That def led us to the SB. And that def was considered top 3 that season. If u focus only on that stat, then ur prejudicing the play caller.

Advertisement
Miami is where fast risers come to eat, always has been, we never were built off of established guys, but you have to hit on the young dudes

Miami is where fast risers come to eat, always has been, we never were built off of established guys, but you have to hit on the young dudes

Yup. I don't understand where this entire "hire established guys" thing comes from. That's never actually happened at Miami - all of our hires (even JJ and Butch) were pulled from the lower tiers (JJ's jump from Ok State to here) or had no coaching experience (Butch from Dallas).

Naw; I agree....but it’s not the end all to be all. My 2006 Bears gave up a ton a yards. Believe they were like 25th or 27th back then, calling it bend don’t break. But guess what? Cats couldn’t get in the end zone or they were turning folks over and getting sacks. That def led us to the SB. And that def was considered top 3 that season. If u focus only on that stat, then ur prejudicing the play caller.
I do agree on that. It is only a peice of the picture. I just don't think he's as great of a hire at this stage that some are making him out to be because his brief resume doesn't lend itself to that. Manny has his vision of what he wants so I'm gonna back him and roll with it. I do hope this guy is as good as some are making him out to be. Can he become a great DC? I think he has a lot of potential. I just think there may be some growing pains along the way.

I do agree on that. It is only a peice of the picture. I just don't think he's as great of a hire at this stage that some are making him out to be because his brief resume doesn't lend itself to that. Manny has his vision of what he wants so I'm gonna back him and roll with it. I do hope this guy is as good as some are making him out to be. Can he become a great DC? I think he has a lot of potential. I just think there may be some growing pains along the way.

Can def see that. Trust me, he wasn’t my first choice. I would’ve rather Corey Raymond get the brinks truck thrown at him, but no lie after watching La Tech v. Hawaii and prior to that, La Tech v. L$U where they were giving L$U all they could handle, I liked dude.

I believe in that L$U, iirc, LSU ran it like 50x for only a little above 200 yrds and they had a total of something like 400 all game. This was on the road. I just remember La Tech couldn’t run for ish and LSU kept getting a short field, but their def was solid. He became a top 5 want for me.

Advertisement
shows manny is serious about being an HC. Im just concerned about our recruiters on defense.
now lets get our offensive staff in place

Image result for ooof  gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back