Blake Baker hired

Advertisement
Hate beating a dead horse and a guy who's not w us anymore, but what a clown move it was for Richt to promote Banda and Patke to DC.

If their own mentor doesn't believe they're ready, it shows you what a lazy, frightened hire it was on Richts part.

Were Richt’s promotions just for the bowl game or for next season? He may have already been checked out at that point, but I never got the sense that it was necessarily a permanent move.

Advertisement
Love this hire. So far Manny has done no wrong in my eyes his doing great. Hope he hires Fedora for the home run. And if he sign Bogle TS and MAR might win the offseason hahahaha

IMG_20181127_105053.jpg

Advertisement
Lost in this decision is Manny willing to tell two close confidants, that he kept on staff, that it isn't your turn yet and to believe in the mission.

I'm not sure how many people on this board, or in this world, given the same situation could or would have done the same.

The absolute easiest route forward was leaving Banda and Patke as Co-DC and just having a heavier hand in the playcalling as HC.

Manny Diaz couldn't have started his tenure here any better.
Well said...+1000

Yet you wanted Grinch.

Just stop posting. You keep sounding dumber with each post.
Do some research Grinch has actually been an on the field coach for over a decade, and has been a DC on the power 5 level including Ohio State.

Your post appears to be idiotic given the context.

Advertisement
People talking about can these guys recruit? I get that but the way the defense should play on the field and the logo itself (The U) will help recruit. The logo holds weight.
Stop living in the past. The logo means nothing. It is about kids feeling like we can put them in the NFL. The U logo currently does not carry more weight than Clemson and we have more national championships. We need guys that can flat out recruit. Bama got nothing but 4 and 5 stars with a few high-end three stars. If we played them we would lose by 60. Jimmy Joes not X and o’s wins at the college level. We need to build depth.

Advertisement
His yards per play rank went from 43, 66, 64, 25. So only one top 25 defense. Two years out of the top 50. His defense dropped his second year and marginally improved his third. Yes, his last year he had a top 25 rank, but that appears to be an outlier.

Lol. U pulled yards per? Really? Ur reaching dog.

That’s not correct lol

it is. i work for the university. unless they sign a new contract as @Jayleepg23 mentioned (which i didn't even think about and makes sense), their nominal base salary can't be bumped down. it's why a big portion of um's administrative staff that have been shifted around have weird pay disparities for positions that are normally stuck in a payband.

Advertisement
Back