Blake Baker hired

Advertisement
People talking about can these guys recruit? I get that but the way the defense should play on the field and the logo itself (The U) will help recruit. The logo holds weight.

Advertisement
Don’t get Applewhite the HC and Applewhite the OC confused. He’d be a good OC for us. Remember, the best OCs often get HC jobs and fail at them. Look at Fedora, whom I would prefer.
I would much prefer FEDORA! I think Applewhite is a bust.

Advertisement
Recruiting is still up for debate with this defensive staff. I don’t see any elite guys. If we can keep dominating in the field and get a few guys drafted, the resumes will build. All this should help us land enough talent to success with this aggressive style of defense.

Philosophical fit for a manny Diaz dc. Baker developed an edge rusher who led the country in sacks this year and likely will be a top 1 or 2 round pick.

Great hire..maybe he can convince JoeJack to come back for one final year

shows manny is serious about being an OC. Im just concerned about our recruiters on defense.
now lets get our offensive staff in place
Manny gonna be serious about being OC? Wtf manny ain’t no OC.

Advertisement
They worked together at LouTech and Baker was promoted to DC when Manny left for MissST. They also worked together at Texas when Manny was the DC and Baker was a GA working with LB's and DB's

Advertisement

Philosophical fit for a manny Diaz dc. Baker developed an edge rusher who led the country in sacks this year and likely will be a top 1 or 2 round pick.

What I love is that he's young and rising but he thinks like Manny and his defense statistically made Jaylen Ferguson one of the best sack artists ever which says a lot maybe even enough to Joe to make him stay. Upside, great scheme fit and I trust Manny

Thank goodness it isn't going to be Cheech and Chong. Now they can go back to being the position coaches they are
Now that ain't right! Give them time they will be alright! Just not at this most important time in UM history!

Not thrilled/not ****ed. If it works out great. If not Manny may have to perform double duty.
I don't know why that post is getting downvoted. It's not a home run higher. The guy fits what Manny wants to do but he's young and doesn't have that great of a resume. It's not a bad hire but it's not like he knocked it out of the park with this one.

Advertisement
Back