Blake and Manny spending NYE together

Blake stopped by Manny's on his way home from using a holiday gift card on a bottle of wine from Total Wine & More. Blake joined Manny in the theater room to finishing watching Scarface with him.

Advertisement
Agreed.

Manny is quite attractive.

I’d love to find out what he smells like, too.

I'd personally lose at minimum my sense of smell due to the mesmerizaton associated with the glory of his perpetual five o'clock shadow if I was ever lucky enough to be in his company. The man just oozes machismo.

Last edited:
I'd personally lose at minimum my sense of smell due to the mesmetizaton associated with the glory of his perpetual five o'clock shadow if I was ever lucky enough to be in his company. The man just oozes machismo.

He reminds me a bit of “Razor Ramon”.

God was that guy ****.

I shiver just thinking about the things he could do with his body.

Advertisement
Facts. I wish they were not safe though lol.

I wish they were more experienced, but they're his disciples. Who better to execute the Diaz D than Banda and Patke?

Also, we're not paying much for them. Lots of money for a baller offensive staff. Still Diaz's D with money to hire an excellent offensive staff.

I wish they were more experienced, but they're his disciples. Who better to execute the Diaz D than Banda and Patke?

Also, we're not paying much for them. Lots of money for a baller offensive staff. Still Diaz's D with money to hire an excellent offensive staff.

I assumed they would have gotten a pretty big pay bump for being Co-DCs. Honestly, I just wanted him to clean house(I know he wouldn't touch Patke and Banda, but it is a pipe dream) and land a few real elite developers/recruiters for the Dbs and LBs. Honestly, I am pleasantly surprised with the firing of SC and the whole offense. I just hope Banda and Patke aren't going to be Mannys No D or Jon. I hope manny will give Banda the boot if his Safetys keep getting shredded by every half decent back up QB we face.

I assumed they would have gotten a pretty big pay bump for being Co-DCs. Honestly, I just wanted him to clean house(I know he wouldn't touch Patke and Banda, but it is a pipe dream) and land a few real elite developers/recruiters for the Dbs and LBs. Honestly, I am pleasantly surprised with the firing of SC and the whole offense. I just hope Banda and Patke aren't going to be Mannys No D or Jon. I hope manny will give Banda the boot if his Safetys keep getting shredded by every half decent back up QB we face.

Yeah gotta disagree with you across the board bro. I think they got a very small (relatively speaking) pay bump. The title was the raise. But seriously.... #2 in TOTAL D in the country. #1 in Pass D AND 3rd down D. Turnover Chain. Sacks and TFL's galore. And all while being under Richt, in whatever way they were. Everyone else is gone and we're probably saving a ton of money to throw at the offense. What more could you want?

Tootie fruitees. Just beat Florida creampuffs. Too many handjobs being given to Manny for making obvious changes.

Advertisement
no one except banda and patke are safe and they might not be calling plays.

This would be really savage. If he “demoted” them and replaces them with a qualified DC it would definitely show that he is not beholden to no one and is going to do whatever it takes to win. I’m assuming he needs to lock down the guy he wants at DC to make this happen.

Yeah gotta disagree with you across the board bro. I think they got a very small (relatively speaking) pay bump. The title was the raise. But seriously.... #2 in TOTAL D in the country. #1 in Pass D AND 3rd down D. Turnover Chain. Sacks and TFL's galore. And all while being under Richt, in whatever way they were. Everyone else is gone and we're probably saving a ton of money to throw at the offense. What more could you want?

I was purely making an assumption, but you could very well be right about the pay raise( I hope you are correct).

I love the turnover chain, but I give the credit for that to Manny.

We were number 1 in pass D, but that is what should be expected when we have a bunch of 4 star Safeties and DBs going against 2 and 3 star Coastal QBs and WRs. Do you really think we would have had the number 2 pass D if we played in a pass heavy conference like the Pac-12 or Big 12 or even the SEC? The only solid QB we faced this year was Duke and they had an atrocious OL and only 1 solid receiver.

I like Manny and I am very happy to see him being a savage and trimming the fat, but I would have preferred a full overhaul.

This would be really savage. If he “demoted” them and replaces them with a qualified DC it would definitely show that he is not beholden to no one and is going to do whatever it takes to win. I’m assuming he needs to lock down the guy he wants at DC to make this happen.

I honestly had not considered, in any way, at all, that he might hire a DC not named Banda.

Of all of what's being discussed, that would be the most impressive move he could make, IMO.

Advertisement
I was purely making an assumption, but you could very well be right about the pay raise( I hope you are correct).

I love the turnover chain, but I give the credit for that to Manny.

We were number 1 in pass D, but that is what should be expected when we have a bunch of 4 star Safeties and DBs going against 2 and 3 star Coastal QBs and WRs. Do you really think we would have had the number 2 pass D if we played in a pass heavy conference like the Pac-12 or Big 12 or even the SEC? The only solid QB we faced this year was Duke and they had an atrocious OL and only 1 solid receiver.

I like Manny and I am very happy to see him being a savage and trimming the fat, but I would have preferred a full overhaul.

What I'm saying is they're all a unit. I had read elsewhere that Patke is really the brains from an analysis standpoint. Banda... I honestly don't get it, and I don't want him to be DC. But the guy is doing something right.

As for the competition, I'd argue the extent to which they were hamstrung by an entirely inept offense. I don't have the stat, but that #2 total D probably came with one of the worst starting field positions in the country. We constantly put that D at the 50 to start a drive.

I'd personally lose at minimum my sense of smell due to the mesmetizaton associated with the glory of his perpetual five o'clock shadow if I was ever lucky enough to be in his company. The man just oozes machismo.
All-righty then... I never would have expected this... so, which stateofmind are you gonna be?

All-righty then... I never would have expected this... so, which stateofmind are you gonna be?

Hahaha. There's only ONE stateofmind, friend. The rest of us are just doing poor but well intended impersonations of Kenneth.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What I'm saying is they're all a unit. I had read elsewhere that Patke is really the brains from an analysis standpoint. Banda... I honestly don't get it, and I don't want him to be DC. But the guy is doing something right.

As for the competition, I'd argue the extent to which they were hamstrung by an entirely inept offense. I don't have the stat, but that #2 total D probably came with one of the worst starting field positions in the country. We constantly put that D at the 50 to start a drive.

I read that too about Patke, but I am not sure if I buy it or not. The old regime fed us so much BS all last season. We heard about how well these 4 QBs have been developing all season. We heard about the OL becoming more cohesive and really giving this elite DL trouble(which I can't imagine Willis not just penetrating every single down against this OL). There was some sort of three headed monster that I still don't know who they were talking about because I can't think of the 3 elite guys on offense. So on and so forth.

I also heard Manny talk about that stat with #2 total D, but like 110th in starting field position or something like that. That is impressive. Honestly, if Manny demotes them to Safety and LB coach and if he sees them getting shredded by OOC competition each year and sees them constantly whiffing on the trail and fires them. I am fine with that. However, it is very damaging to recruiting when you have a guy who was an analyst a year ago as your DC and a guy who was making drinks a few years ago calling plays. Recruits aren't dumb. They see this and they hear the competition negatively recruiting that and they get scared away.

I think Manny is a savage and a perfectionist(kind of like Saban) I am just worried he may have the same issues that plagued our last 2 coaches and that is to much loyalty to under performing coaches.

Blake just wants to make sure that he's on Manny's good side... cause if he ends up calling him a ****roach... well it's the kiss of death.

Last edited:
I honestly had not considered, in any way, at all, that he might hire a DC not named Banda.

Of all of what's being discussed, that would be the most impressive move he could make, IMO.

Word is he’s looking at Fran Brown for the role. He was Manny’s first and likely only hire at Temple as DB Coach/Co-DC. He was at Baylor last two years and is known as a real good recruiter. He actually interviewed for HC Temple job before Manny so they may turn to him now that Manny left. If he does stay at Temple it would be interesting to see if Manny still wants to hire another DC or just settle on Banda/Patke.

Advertisement
Back