Blake and Manny spending NYE together

Word is he’s looking at Fran Brown for the role. He was Manny’s first and likely only hire at Temple as DB Coach/Co-DC. He was at Baylor last two years and is known as a real good recruiter. He actually interviewed for HC Temple job before Manny so they may turn to him now that Manny left. If he does stay at Temple it would be interesting to see if Manny still wants to hire another DC or just settle on Banda/Patke.

What is with Miami and hiring coaches with girl names. Imagine having Stacy, Fran, and Jess all on the same team. LMAO.

Advertisement
I read that too about Patke, but I am not sure if I buy it or not. The old regime fed us so much BS all last season. We heard about how well these 4 QBs have been developing all season. We heard about the OL becoming more cohesive and really giving this elite DL trouble(which I can't imagine Willis not just penetrating every single down against this OL). There was some sort of three headed monster that I still don't know who they were talking about because I can't think of the 3 elite guys on offense. So on and so forth.

I also heard Manny talk about that stat with #2 total D, but like 110th in starting field position or something like that. That is impressive. Honestly, if Manny demotes them to Safety and LB coach and if he sees them getting shredded by OOC competition each year and sees them constantly whiffing on the trail and fires them. I am fine with that. However, it is very damaging to recruiting when you have a guy who was an analyst a year ago as your DC and a guy who was making drinks a few years ago calling plays. Recruits aren't dumb. They see this and they hear the competition negatively recruiting that and they get scared away.

I think Manny is a savage and a perfectionist(kind of like Saban) I am just worried he may have the same issues that plagued our last 2 coaches and that is to much loyalty to under performing coaches.

The comment from Patke came from a journalist outside the program. And what do you want? Pretty much every program sugarcoats the situation -- it's just good PR. Willis destroyed every OL he played against. I honestly can't think of an exception. And he will be sorely missed, as I've been saying for months.

All I can say about DC is if we do a "national search" then stick with Banda four hours later... I'm gonna strangle someone. But keeping Banda at S and Patke at LB and hiring a DC could be very interesting. I have conviction Ed Reed should coach safeties. I'm not one to want to just hire alums. I think that's a great hire. But I'd rather no Reed than Banda as DC.

I think there's a huge difference between "loyalty" and having guys who you've developed a relationship with that are on the same page as you. We all doubted Banda and the safeties have been great. Patke did well in his first year with strikers. I mean... Diaz just fired five guys that he's worked with for two plus years.

1546328454834.gif

Word is he’s looking at Fran Brown for the role. He was Manny’s first and likely only hire at Temple as DB Coach/Co-DC. He was at Baylor last two years and is known as a real good recruiter. He actually interviewed for HC Temple job before Manny so they may turn to him now that Manny left. If he does stay at Temple it would be interesting to see if Manny still wants to hire another DC or just settle on Banda/Patke.

I'd heard Fran Brown but was just assuming it would be to coach DB's, again because I hadn't even fathomed Banda would not stay DC (which, I would certainly prefer). I looked him up and saw the players want him as HC. I understood the Banda/Patke DC thing for continuity, assuming the money would go to an OC. Getting a competent DC who's on the same page with Diaz and also a competent OC makes a lot more sense to me.

Question being... if not Banda, who might that DC be?

Advertisement
I'd heard Fran Brown but was just assuming it would be to coach DB's, again because I hadn't even fathomed Banda would not stay DC (which, I would certainly prefer). I looked him up and saw the players want him as HC. I understood the Banda/Patke DC thing for continuity, assuming the money would go to an OC. Getting a competent DC who's on the same page with Diaz and also a competent OC makes a lot more sense to me.

Question being... if not Banda, who might that DC be?

Honestly Brown is only name I’ve heard. If not Brown, I would love for them to make a run at Corey Raymond but that just might not be realistic.

The comment from Patke came from a journalist outside the program. And what do you want? Pretty much every program sugarcoats the situation -- it's just good PR. Willis destroyed every OL he played against. I honestly can't think of an exception. And he will be sorely missed, as I've been saying for months.

All I can say about DC is if we do a "national search" then stick with Banda four hours later... I'm gonna strangle someone. But keeping Banda at S and Patke at LB and hiring a DC could be very interesting. I have conviction Ed Reed should coach safeties. I'm not one to want to just hire alums. I think that's a great hire. But I'd rather no Reed than Banda as DC.

I think there's a huge difference between "loyalty" and having guys who you've developed a relationship with that are on the same page as you. We all doubted Banda and the safeties have been great. Patke did well in his first year with strikers. I mean... Diaz just fired five guys that he's worked with for two plus years.

For sure. I don't fault the staff it just leaves me less inclined to believe their stories. Also, the journalist must have got that tidbit of info from an interview with one of the coaches. Only Many, Richt, or another coach could have known if Patke really was the secret to Mannys defense.

Couldn't agree more about Willis. The kid was an animal and I think Jess/Kool did a great job of coaching him up. I was just pointing out that Searles had to have seen the massive issue with his OL with Willis using the line as a doormat every single play.

Same here. I will be furious if that ends up happening. I too would like to see Ed Reed as coach. We could even have him work on the special teams. He was a beast Special teams guy. He also is a recent enough NFL legend to really help with recruiting.

I agree completely. I was just saying I HOPE this is not blind loyalty and that he will can them if he notices them not cutting it. I am fine with him leaving them as S and LB for the next year and if they get shredded by every QB that can pass or the LBs get ran over by every RB that can run then he gets rid of them.

I will give Patke credit for developing Finley and Co, but his recruiting has not been impressive and coaching 3 guys is a lot easier than coaching the entire LB corp.

Safeties I am not all that impressed with banda. Jaquan was a HS all american and So Fla Baller. If he was an inch or 2 taller he would have been a 5 star out of high school. One would expect him to be killing it his junior and senior year.

However, at the end of the day. Assuming Manny puts them back to their normal positions and actually treats them like every other coach and is not blindly loyal to them. Then I think Manny actually has the ability to bring the U back.

Advertisement
Honestly Brown is only name I’ve heard. If not Brown, I would love for them to make a run at Corey Raymond but that just might not be realistic.

I could get on board with Jim Leavitt but he's probably too expensive. The most difficult aspect of hiring a young HC is that, by design, he will have less coaching connections than a more seasoned HC. This, IMO, was Randy Shannon's biggest downfall. But Diaz has coached at many, many more places.

For me, if Diaz hires a DC that's not Banda... that inspires some confidence.

Blake is such a ****. I mean the farragamo belt is fresh but those jeans. Cmon maneee

****...Flake is a short lil bastid, eh? Manny gets his balls tickled by grass, and Flake even up to that, per photo.

Advertisement
no one except banda and patke are safe and they might not be calling plays.
I would keep Simpson as well. I think he is an upgrade from Kool. Just as good a coach and better recruiter. Just my opinion. Now if we can get Kevin Patrick back then that would be nice but that’s just me and my homer Cane Shades.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back