Blades brings his competitiveness to Greentree, talks UM

I want to see video of Al Blades Jr leading the team out of the locker room and through the tunnel. To start off Blades will instruct the entire team to look at the man next to them and say "I am the baddest mother fu**er you know! Then proceed to lead the team through the tunnel with the whole "Hit, stick and bust dyck" chant. Just like dad did almost 20 years ago.

That would be so freaking amazing and I couldn't put into words how effing cool that would be. Someone needs to get a message to him and ask him if he would do this. What do you think guys?

Championship only!

Advertisement
I want to see video of Al Blades Jr leading the team out of the locker room and through the tunnel. To start off Blades will instruct the entire team to look at the man next to them and say "I am the baddest mother fu**er you know! Then proceed to lead the team through the tunnel with the whole "Hit, stick and bust dyck" chant. Just like dad did almost 20 years ago.

That would be so freaking amazing and I couldn't put into words how effing cool that would be. Someone needs to get a message to him and ask him if he would do this. What do you think guys?
Kids is very proud of his father. But hes his own man. It's very important to him that he lives up to his last name but even more important his own expectations. I expect great things out of him. I was showing him a few weeks ago a picture of him on his old boys shoulders as a baby & we were all walking through the old weight room. It was the first time he saw that picture. I felt blessed to share that moment with him. Hes gonna make us all proud.

Kids is very proud of his father. But hes his own man. It's very important to him that he lives up to his last name but even more important his own expectations. I expect great things out of him. I was showing him a few weeks ago a picture of him on his old boys shoulders as a baby & we were all walking through the old weight room. It was the first time he saw that picture. I felt blessed to share that moment with him. Hes gonna make us all proud.
Thank you for sharing that. Jr must be so excited for his first game as a Cane with his jersey proudly displaying the Blades name with the same #7 his dad wore. I have zero doubt that Al Jr will make us all proud. That kid came in on a mission and in 3 short months his work ethic, intensity and competitive spirit have put him in position to play early and often.

With Blades and Bandy manning the nickel CB position we are in great hands. I can see Blades as a versatile utility DB who will chip in at Nickel CB, Dime CB as well as some field and boundary CB as a true freshman. Next spring the competition for the top 2 CB spots will be fierce and I certainly wouldn't bet against him winning a starting job in 2019. I can't wait!!

Players like this will bring the intensity to practice and eventually as we keep infusing talent to our team practices will once again be harder than games.

Advertisement
Thanks for sharing Dee. It truly put a smile on my face.

Advertisement

Pastor Richt would never allow him to say those words, his motto and time will come in due season.

I’m just glad we are starting to get more broward county kids lately, a lot of people talk about dade and they definitely have a lot of great talent but broward county as of the last few years has been right there with dade or even better and we haven’t always capitalized. The 2019 class it seems we are loading up with kids from broward

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pastor Richt would never allow him to say those words, his motto and time will come in due season.
Boy do people got cmr wrong... Pastor richt would lead them out the tunnel himself screaming that before a big game. He is 100% a man of faith. He is also a players coach who remembers the feel of a big game coursing through your veigns. He embraces emotion & plays into it.

Advertisement
I’m just glad we are starting to get more broward county kids lately, a lot of people talk about dade and they definitely have a lot of great talent but broward county as of the last few years has been right there with dade or even better and we haven’t always capitalized. The 2019 class it seems we are loading up with kids from broward
More than 70% of all NFL players come from 14 states < Article from 2016

The city that produces the most NFL players is Miami, Broward only looks to have higher rated players because of really only 2 schools STA & AH, both of which aggressively recruits from smaller schools & has multiple Dade players on their teams.

I love our Broward players, especially Al Jr, he's a true Cane to the fullest. But Miami tends to do best with Dade & PB kids. Where we should really start to hit up Broward is for prospects from schools like Coco Creek, Ely, Dillard, Miramar & McArthur, well they usually get snatched up by STA anyway lol but there's always great prospects at those schools who blow up late & ball out in college.

Anybody doubting for one second the success this kid is going to have is a certified idiot.

Once the game slows down for him and he builds his confidence and his body, he is going to terrorize the secondary.

Really excited about what we are building.

Advertisement
Back