Bishop Gorman Star Tight End Elija Lofton Commits to Miami Hurricanes

View as article
Advertisement
Well, he told Canesport this morning “I’m 110% (locked in) with them, with the Canes,”

said he spent time with Mario and Woodiel and they went through the plan for him. He said they told him they envision him having the same kind of production at Miami as he's had at BG.

“(The visit) was really good,” Lofton said. “We have a good relationship with the head coach and my tight ends coach. It was really good.”

Plans on coming back in a couple of weeks with his family. (he made the trip last weekend alone)

Advertisement
For those who want to blame the fans for recruiting issues — or in this case a potential issue if we were to lose Lofton — ask yourself a few questions first…

#1: If TE usage is being prevalently discussed on a message board, don’t you realize opposing coaches trying to flip Lofton have already pounced on the negative recruiting pitch with tangible data illustrating how rarely we target our tight ends in this offense?

#2: Do you realize Lofton, like any recruit, has eyes of his own and can see how we’re using our tight ends? Or do you truly believe he was oblivious to it until he visited CIS?

#3: Golden slurpers blamed the fans for recruiting problems up until the bitter end of his tenure. It was ridiculous then, it’s ridiculous now, and it should stop being recycled as a talking point no matter who the coach is here. Cut the ****.

Hope we’re able to hang onto Lofton.
You forgot:

#4: It's so obvious even the idiots on CIS are calling out MariBro for not using the TEs. Good luck blocking.

i HONESTLY DONT THINK HE WILL BE A TRUE TIGHT END HERE.

I THINK THIS KID WILL BE A SHORT YARDAGE BACK, REDZONE GUY.

He likely splits out some and can be used in the back field on passing downs.

Think a Najeh Davenport h back type.

If we keep him he has that role here locked up....him, Fletch, maybe Chaneyw ould be our only power back types.

Advertisement
We ARENT THE GATORS....DONT CARE ABOUT PERCENTAGE AND RANKINGS.

JUST HIT ON YOUR NEEDS
Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

Advertisement
Most fanbases want good players on their team. It’s interesting how many of you plead for guys to go elsewhere when something isn’t up to your standard. Now if he flips you won’t be happy for him, you’ll ***** about that too.
This 100%. Self fulfilling prophecy around here

Advertisement
I agree that we have bigger problems at QB, DT and CB. I also think that they can build a decent line with their evals. I think we need an elite OL though based on what I’ve seen on offense. We’ve gone back to Bro Ball. My comment is aimed at tempering the presumption that we’ll be elite on the OL. We’re not there yet and to get there we have to stack some top talent each year. This year is not that.

I have no idea why we whiffed on the top targets given the coaches at OL here. I’d assume it’s money. That would also explain a lot of misses.
Are Lee, Cohen, and Rivers declaring for the NFL at the end of the season? That is a lot of OL we need to replace. We should land another big portal guy or two and have McCoy and Samson ready to contribute next year.

The UVA game analytics are now out.

Miami’s offense had a -12.1 offensive value generated.

That’s now 12 negative offensive value games under Cristobal since he has been here.

With Dawson and the new wonderful offensive scheme, Miami is probably going to fall right around the negative offensive value generated number that we hit last year under Gattis.

Oregon had an offensive value generated number of 11.7 against Utah.

USC had a .3 offensive value against Utah. So basically 0. Every other team was in the negative against Utah. But not Oregon. A sound 11.7.

Offensive systems matter. Your philosophy on offense matters.

It’s why nothing changes with Mario’s offense regardless of where he goes.

That’s what is hurting his offensive recruiting.
I can’t believe you wrote this. It’s your fault now if we don’t land 5* recruits

wE nEeD t0 hOlD bAd FaNz AcCoUntAblE!

Advertisement
Back