Bishop Gorman Star Tight End Elija Lofton Commits to Miami Hurricanes

View as article
iT’s dUh fAnS bRo
Well you see Sark & Kaleb DeBoer follow our fanbase. So they’re clearly sending our tweets, CIS posts and negativity to Lofton. He sees it and saying “**** this, I was willing to catch 17 passes next season but these porsts I can’t do” and flips. Now we’re struggling to find TEs because our fans have negatively recruited for other universities. We’re losing TEU title to Iowa because they’ve been so positive to Kirk & Brian Ferentz. Sark is using all that positivity, stability and compassion from the Texas fanbase and boosters to sell the dream. ******* fans…
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Advertisement
🤦🏾‍♂️ I can see those are a fan of recruiting sites and those who actually know football. Some of you would easily take Issiah Walker, DJ Scaife, or Navaughn Donaldson (4 star) over the Anez Cooper and Matthew McCoy simply because of recruiting pundits. Keep it going.
Ok I’m going to try this in baby steps.

There are OL studs everyone is after.

These studs are the higher rated players at their projected positions.

MariBro tried to get some of these higher rated guys.

For whatever reason, MariBro missed on these higher rated guys who he tried to get.

As a result, the class we have is who they could get.
Therefore, it is their OL by necessity not by choice.

The class they have may have some good players if the evaluations are good but it wasn’t their targeted class.

Do you understand that they tried to get better prospects and simply missed?

Do you understand that as a result they’re not stacking elite talent at OL in 2024 on top of the elite OL class they got in 2023?

Ok I’m going to try this in baby steps.

There are OL studs everyone is after.

These studs are the higher rated players at their projected positions.

MarBro tried to get some of these higher rated guys.

For whatever reason, MariBro missed on these higher rated guys who he tried to get.

As a result, the class we have is who they could get.
Therefore, it is their OL by necessity not by choice.

The class they have may have some good players if the evaluations are good but it wasn’t their targeted class.

Do you understand that they tried to get better prospects and simply missed?

Do you understand that as a result they’re not stacking elite talent at OL in 2024 on top of the elite OL class they got in 2023?
Naw bruh Mario went into the year with Nino and Minaya at the top of the board. We would never settle for backup to the back up options.

Advertisement
This 2024 class needs an overhaul. It's getting late.
It’s your fault. You’ve called it as you see it and the recruits who play positions our staph misuses are now bailing or don’t want to be here. I blame you, @Angry Ibis , @mossmadness , @PIPO , @TRick72 , @BS85 and other hateful fans of your ilk for this. Nice going!

👀

Are you a parody account? You think he might flip because of the fans and not because the TEs have 9 catches all year?
Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

You clearly can’t read. That’s not what I said at all. Comprehension i tough some times

The UVA game analytics are now out.

Miami’s offense had a -12.1 offensive value generated.

That’s now 12 negative offensive value games under Cristobal since he has been here.

With Dawson and the new wonderful offensive scheme, Miami is probably going to fall right around the negative offensive value generated number that we hit last year under Gattis.

Oregon had an offensive value generated number of 11.7 against Utah.

USC had a .3 offensive value against Utah. So basically 0. Every other team was in the negative against Utah. But not Oregon. A sound 11.7.

Offensive systems matter. Your philosophy on offense matters.

It’s why nothing changes with Mario’s offense regardless of where he goes.

That’s what is hurting his offensive recruiting.
I wonder how much is on Dawson.

Advertisement
You clearly can’t read. That’s not what I said at all. Comprehension i tough some times
Okay, tell me where i went wrong.

Here's what you said
"Gaby with an update. Maybe all the crying and public speak about TE is going to push the kid out of the class. Great job by the fans supporting the program."

Here's my reply
"Are you a parody account? You think he might flip because of the fans and not because the TEs have 9 catches all year?"

I couldn't get in here so i need your help!!!
original-18977-1455056036-3.jpg

For those who want to blame the fans for recruiting issues — or in this case a potential issue if we were to lose Lofton — ask yourself a few questions first…

#1: If TE usage is being prevalently discussed on a message board, don’t you realize opposing coaches trying to flip Lofton have already pounced on the negative recruiting pitch with tangible data illustrating how rarely we target our tight ends in this offense?

#2: Do you realize Lofton, like any recruit, has eyes of his own and can see how we’re using our tight ends? Or do you truly believe he was oblivious to it until he visited CIS?

#3: Golden slurpers blamed the fans for recruiting problems up until the bitter end of his tenure. It was ridiculous then, it’s ridiculous now, and it should stop being recycled as a talking point no matter who the coach is here. Cut the ****.

Hope we’re able to hang onto Lofton.

So we should just ignore that they whiffed on all the guys with the stars and say yeah bro we’re stacking chips on top of chips in 2024???

Again, no one said they can’t find hidden gems at OL. They’ve got the class they have by necessity not by choice. They obviously thought there were better players with stars and they wanted those guys. They missed on them. That they can find hidden gems doesn’t negate whiffing on the elite types everyone is after.

To add to that, since they're OL gurus, why not just bypass those top guys and go after the hidden gems to start with. Less comp and less NIL money out, so more for the other positions.

This is obviously a joke but the rational of some is nonsensical at times.

I´d suggest not calling it Marios offense until someone comes in, with tape, and tells everyone in here what Marios offense is, what it looks like and how it differs from Dawson.

Its amazing, four weeks in it was all Dawson and everything was so great, four weeks later, its all Mario, its his offense, he is manipulating it again.

No. Just no. Plus: "Oh no, we are running condensed sets, that does not help." Like... what? You think spreading the field wide prevents defenses from running two-high shells?

The failure in this offense comes down to the execution by the QB against such coverage. This is not Marios offense. Anybody who believes this has a very narrowed perspective on football and has some reading up to do.

Advertisement
It’s your fault. You’ve called it as you see it and the recruits who play positions our staph misuses are now bailing or don’t want to be here. I blame you, @Angry Ibis , @mossmadness , @PIPO , @TRick72 , @BS85 ans other hateful fans of your ilk for this. Nice going!

👀
Kenan Thompson Nbc GIF by Saturday Night Live

I’m just hoping we can turn the vibe here a little more positive so that Mario can convince recruits to only focus on the message board and completely avoid watching the games.

For those who want to blame the fans for recruiting issues — or in this case a potential issue if we were to lose Lofton — ask yourself a few questions first…

#1: If TE usage is being prevalently discussed on a message board, don’t you realize opposing coaches trying to flip Lofton have already pounced on the negative recruiting pitch with tangible data illustrating how rarely we target our tight ends in this offense?

#2: Do you realize Lofton, like any recruit, has eyes of his own and can see how we’re using our tight ends? Or do you truly believe he was oblivious to it until he visited CIS?

#3: Golden slurpers blamed the fans for recruiting problems up until the bitter end of his tenure. It was ridiculous then, it’s ridiculous now, and it should stop being recycled as a talking point no matter who the coach is here. Cut the ****.

Hope we’re able to hang onto Lofton.
Lies No GIF

Impactful year one in terms of his good play making a difference. This year he’s not playing because he’s injured so he’s not a factor in this season. Has that impacted us? Sure. I think you’re getting hung up on the word a bit though and the ways it can be intended are different. That’s why I’m saying He was good year 1 and he’s a non-factor in year 2 due to injuries.
I agree with this but you can't discount him as a good transfer.

Advertisement
It’s embarrassing. The offense needs 5 quarters to break 20 points against the ACC, and fans are suppose to just be footstools on *discussion* boards because that discussion might stop the coach making 80 million plus from landing an actual 4* recruit.
How many points a game was the team scoring before our qb started throwing picks?

Unequivocally Dawson. If u look at his history as an OC whether it be WVU, UK, So. Miss, or UH, the TE was rarely featured.

There were years they were more than others though

I think there's enough proof that the TE won't be "featured"….I do think he will use them more when it isn't Cam McCormick, Dawson/Mario tweak it because we know Cristobal loves to recruit them.

I am legit laughing.

We’re at the point where because fans on a message board are upset one of our 10 blue chip players is visiting another school this late, and THAT’S THE REASON the kid is going to Texas???

Do you guys even listen to yourselves before you type?

He made the visit beforehand…there would have been no outcry if he…you know…didn’t go to Texas?

So maybe…just maybe…this is his way of saying f^ck blocking for 50 snaps? I’d like to be involved in the passing game? Can you blame him?

Advertisement
Back