Bishop Gorman Star Tight End Elija Lofton Commits to Miami Hurricanes

View as article
Gaby with an update. Maybe all the crying and public speak about TE is going to push the kid out of the class. Great job by the fans supporting the program .

Miami fans are so dumb sometimes. Kid will likely flip to Texas and play in Sarks offense but it doesn’t help when fans are crying all over this board, social media and Miami media. Kids see this stuff. I swear some of these Miami fans just want Miami to lose instead of supporting the program and Mario.
Are you a parody account? You think he might flip because of the fans and not because the TEs have 9 catches all year?
Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

Advertisement
No. He is visiting Texas his other finalist before he picked Miami. I didn’t read the article.

I’m saying the fans/media don’t help this program ever with their constant crying all over the interwebz. Kids see all this stuff and some read this board. Not saying a kid should ever decide because of what they see on the Interwebz but it doesn’t help with how “Miami fans” act.

You know how much Miami pays me to be a groupie for the school?

Are you a parody account? You think he might flip because of the fans and not because the TEs have 9 catches all year?
Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

It’s embarrassing. The offense needs 5 quarters to break 20 points against the ACC, and fans are suppose to just be footstools on *discussion* boards because that discussion might stop the coach making 80 million plus from landing an actual 4* recruit.

Gaby with an update. Maybe all the crying and public speak about TE is going to push the kid out of the class. Great job by the fans supporting the program .

Miami fans are so dumb sometimes. Kid will likely flip to Texas and play in Sarks offense but it doesn’t help when fans are crying all over this board, social media and Miami media. Kids see this stuff. I swear some of these Miami fans just want Miami to lose instead of supporting the program and Mario.
If I were a TE on this team who had visions of doing anything besides blocking and wanted the get the reps that’ll get me to the NFL, I’d enter the portal after this season. This staph’s misuse of the TE position has been criminal negligence and we have every right to call it what it is. We’re not going to be silent, tough ****. Go on and tell us otherwise though.

I love when some of you guys blame the fans discussing a subject for the staph’s failures.

This is when you know someone has swallowed the whole balls and cagootz too, @The Franchise - time to consider posting again.

Advertisement
Two of those players are true freshmen...TE is a position that usually doesn't give you a ton in their first year...some even their second year. Its a position that requires a lot of growth. To Dawson's credit, he's working Riley Williams in, and Riley Williams is obviously talented, but he's still got work to do and probably shouldn't be out there as much as he is. Carver was more raw than even Williams. Skinner isn't even a TE. More of a WR and if he's not playing, its likely for a reason...he likely isn't that good.

And, he IS getting something out of Riley Williams and Cam McCormick...McCormick as a blocker is one of our trump cards...Riley Williams has had moments (GaTech game).

Do we want more out of the position room right now statistically? Obviously...but that requires somebody to step up. No one has done that yet. So, other people get the ball. Its not an offensive coordinator issue, its a personnel issue.
These are Mario’s players now. If they’re the problem we’ll he chose them or kept them.

Stop on the Mesidor not being impactful. Been hurt yes but last year he had the same numbers as everyone's starry eyed favorite Jared Verse. I would say that's pretty impactful. Your recency bias is showing.
Mesidor was really good last year. This year he’s out with injuries. I’m not sure what anyone is arguing about relating to Mesidor.

Advertisement
Mesidor was really good last year. This year he’s out with injuries. I’m not sure what anyone is arguing about relating to Mesidor.
Poster stated Mesidor isn't impactful. Last year he most definitely was and he is this year as well because we surely miss him.

Since Cristobal has been at Miami, he has 11 negative offensive value generated games.

And last week’s UVA game hasn’t been calculated yet.

The UVA game analytics are now out.

Miami’s offense had a -12.1 offensive value generated.

That’s now 12 negative offensive value games under Cristobal since he has been here.

With Dawson and the new wonderful offensive scheme, Miami is probably going to fall right around the negative offensive value generated number that we hit last year under Gattis.

Oregon had an offensive value generated number of 11.7 against Utah.

USC had a .3 offensive value against Utah. So basically 0. Every other team was in the negative against Utah. But not Oregon. A sound 11.7.

Offensive systems matter. Your philosophy on offense matters.

It’s why nothing changes with Mario’s offense regardless of where he goes.

That’s what is hurting his offensive recruiting.

Advertisement
Poster stated Mesidor isn't impactful. Last year he most definitely was and he is this year as well because we surely miss him.
Impactful year one in terms of his good play making a difference. This year he’s not playing because he’s injured so he’s not a factor in this season. Has that impacted us? Sure. I think you’re getting hung up on the word a bit though and the ways it can be intended are different. That’s why I’m saying He was good year 1 and he’s a non-factor in year 2 due to injuries.

So we should just ignore that they whiffed on all the guys with the stars and say yeah bro we’re stacking chips on top of chips in 2024???

Again, no one said they can’t find hidden gems at OL. They’ve got the class they have by necessity not by choice. They obviously thought there were better players with stars and they wanted those guys. They missed on them. That they can find hidden gems doesn’t negate whiffing on the elite types everyone is after.
🤦🏾‍♂️ I can see those are a fan of recruiting sites and those who actually know football. Some of you would easily take Issiah Walker, DJ Scaife, or Navaughn Donaldson (4 star) over the Anez Cooper and Matthew McCoy simply because of recruiting pundits. Keep it going.

Advertisement
Stop on the Mesidor not being impactful. Been hurt yes but last year he had the same numbers as everyone's starry eyed favorite Jared Verse. I would say that's pretty impactful. Your recency bias is showing.
Stats are not the only thing that matter in sports. You CIS loons never learn.

Maybe because they don’t have any. Arroyo has been out all year. Riley is a true freshmen that has gotten some chances and Cam can’t catch. Why would Dawson use a TE? That could change when a kid with talent is on the roster is what I’m saying. This kid could be the change needed and maybe that’s what he thinks.
dawson has rarely used TEs in his coordinated offenses.

No. He is visiting Texas his other finalist before he picked Miami. I didn’t read the article.

I’m saying the fans/media don’t help this program ever with their constant crying all over the interwebz. Kids see all this stuff and some read this board. Not saying a kid should ever decide because of what they see on the Interwebz but it doesn’t help with how “Miami fans” act.
it isnt the fans job to help a program recruit. thats the staffs job. they get paid dam well to do so too

Advertisement
Back