Bishop Gorman Star Tight End Elija Lofton Commits to Miami Hurricanes

View as article
billy porter sipping tea GIF by Pose FX

Billy Porter Reaction GIF by Pose FX

Advertisement
Lol swear only us having a decent year still can't recruit. Other teams shooting for 500 again and out recruiting us

Or just maybe he is a competitor and likes what Miami is building and what has been sold to him.

Maybe he is thinking to himself, old man Cam is leaving, arroyo can’t stay healthy and I’m better than the others so I can play right away. These kids aren’t as soft as 90% of this board.
Do you even watch Miami? They literally don't use TEs at all. What does being soft have to do with anything? Your post makes no sense.

I watched the kids tape. I rarely have done so with other recruits this year, but people in here raved about the tape and the players skillset.

Unsure how others feel about him and his position, but my stance is really clear: That kid is an outside receiver. The foot speed off the line, his quickness and his toughness playing the boundary just flashed off to me. Plus, he has burners for a guy his size.

I wouldn't want him at any other position but that. People in here want strong receivers at the X, there you go. You got him.
I´ve said this before and I will say it again. He will not be a TE here.

But we are at a point where the own fanbase is questioning a recruit and his decision to come here. Make it make sense...

Advertisement
I’m not convinced we can build that OL. There isn’t even a 4* OL recruit in this class.

And the UGA argument is lazy. Yes, if can recruit like UGA, it probably doesn’t matter what we run. But we can’t.

The highest ranked F+ offense Cristobal had at Oregon was 16th. And that’s with Justin Herbert in his prime.

A defensive guru took over for him and made it the 8th ranked offense his first year, and currently has it 3rd. And did that because he went with a more wide open spread attack.

bunching the box with Multiple TEs and multiple guys lined up in the backfield and 3 WRs near the line, is never going to work. There will always be a ceiling to that, and it lends itself to upsets.

Outside of some garbage time TDs against UNC, we have struggled to score 20 points the last 4 games. It’s crazy to me that people don’t see some of that is due to the bro ball we are running.

If we were going a spaced out 4 wide with tempo, does anybody think TVD would look *this* bad? That the offense would be struggling to score *this* much against bad defenses?

FACTS

Do you even watch Miami? They literally don't use TEs at all. What does being soft have to do with anything? Your post makes no sense.

Maybe because they don’t have any. Arroyo has been out all year. Riley is a true freshmen that has gotten some chances and Cam can’t catch. Why would Dawson use a TE? That could change when a kid with talent is on the roster is what I’m saying. This kid could be the change needed and maybe that’s what he thinks.

Maybe because they don’t have any. Arroyo has been out all year. Riley is a true freshmen that has gotten some chances and Cam can’t catch. Why would Dawson use a TE? That could change when a kid with talent is on the roster is what I’m saying. This kid could be the change needed and maybe that’s what he thinks.
If he can't figure out how to use Riley Williams or Jackson Carver or Jaleel Skinner he should immediately step down and never coach football again. Like if he can't continue to get ANYTHING with all those guys, he has to be one of the worst coordinators we've ever ******* had.

And he should use one because a TE is a QB's safety blanket and God knows TVD needs one of those. Cam is a great blocker but the others need to run some short/intermediate routes in the middle of the field to help out thw receivers. Dawson and/or Mario are making this way harder than it needs to be.

Advertisement
If he can't figure out how to use Riley Williams or Jackson Carver or Jaleel Skinner he should immediately step down and never coach football again. Like if he can't continue to get ANYTHING with all those guys, he has to be one of the worst coordinators we've ever ******* had.
... no.

Gaby with an update. Maybe all the crying and public speak about TE is going to push the kid out of the class. Great job by the fans supporting the program .

Miami fans are so dumb sometimes. Kid will likely flip to Texas and play in Sarks offense but it doesn’t help when fans are crying all over this board, social media and Miami media. Kids see this stuff. I swear some of these Miami fans just want Miami to lose instead of supporting the program and Mario.

Last edited:
Yes actually. They do not have enough stars to be headlining our OL class and some don’t belong regardless. Bell is a JuCo. That would be needed but I’m talking high school

I specifically stated that 23 was outstanding and we need to stack in 24 and we’re not doing it. The screenshots from 247 include the rank number for high school IOL and OT. You think this is stacking on top of the 23 class?

Interior Offensive Line (IOL):

View attachment 263553View attachment 263554

Offensive Tackle (OT):

View attachment 263555View attachment 263556

👀

💁🏻‍♂️
👇

View attachment 263557

🙄
stars matters the least with offensive lineman. THE LEAST!!

When we scored 48 on the Aggies, was it Dawsons offense or Marios?

What's "facts" about this? The moment we do well its Dawson's offense, the moment we don't its Mario?

The reason why we aren't scoring is because of our QB trying to gunsling into Cover 2.
Exactly! No one should look at this offense and think it’s on the coaches. It’s all on our QB playing poorly.

Advertisement
stars matters the least with offensive lineman. THE LEAST!!
So we should just ignore that they whiffed on all the guys with the stars and say yeah bro we’re stacking chips on top of chips in 2024???

Again, no one said they can’t find hidden gems at OL. They’ve got the class they have by necessity not by choice. They obviously thought there were better players with stars and they wanted those guys. They missed on them. That they can find hidden gems doesn’t negate whiffing on the elite types everyone is after.

Advertisement
Gaby with an update. Maybe all the crying and public speak about TE is going to push the kid out of the class. Great job by the fans supporting the program .

Miami fans are so dumb sometimes. Kid will likely flip to Texas and play in Sarks offense but it doesn’t help when fans are crying all over this board, social media and Miami media. Kids see this stuff. I swear some of these Miami fans just want Miami to lose instead of supporting the program and Mario.
So he's gonna flip to Texas because of the fans? Is that what Gaby said?

And he should use one because a TE is a QB's safety blanket and God knows TVD needs one of those. Cam is a great blocker but the others need to run some short/intermediate routes in the middle of the field to help out thw receivers. Dawson and/or Mario are making this way harder than it needs to be.
Two of those players are true freshmen...TE is a position that usually doesn't give you a ton in their first year...some even their second year. Its a position that requires a lot of growth. To Dawson's credit, he's working Riley Williams in, and Riley Williams is obviously talented, but he's still got work to do and probably shouldn't be out there as much as he is. Carver was more raw than even Williams. Skinner isn't even a TE. More of a WR and if he's not playing, its likely for a reason...he likely isn't that good.

And, he IS getting something out of Riley Williams and Cam McCormick...McCormick as a blocker is one of our trump cards...Riley Williams has had moments (GaTech game).

Do we want more out of the position room right now statistically? Obviously...but that requires somebody to step up. No one has done that yet. So, other people get the ball. Its not an offensive coordinator issue, its a personnel issue.

So he's gonna flip to Texas because of the fans? Is that what Gaby said?

No. He is visiting Texas his other finalist before he picked Miami. I didn’t read the article.

I’m saying the fans/media don’t help this program ever with their constant crying all over the interwebz. Kids see all this stuff and some read this board. Not saying a kid should ever decide because of what they see on the Interwebz but it doesn’t help with how “Miami fans” act.

Davonte Brown is a 4th-year Junior and unplayable. You’re mixing him up with his brother.

Mesidor hasn’t been impactful, he’s been hurt too much. Potential is there, sure. Cam lol.

The rest are impactful but to a degree, and that degree isn’t good enough should we still have aspirations of being a top 15-20 team in 2023.

Even if you want to count all of them, it’s not an acceptable ratio of hits/misses.
Stop on the Mesidor not being impactful. Been hurt yes but last year he had the same numbers as everyone's starry eyed favorite Jared Verse. I would say that's pretty impactful. Your recency bias is showing.

Advertisement
Back