Bishop Gorman Star Tight End Elija Lofton Commits to Miami Hurricanes

View as article
No. You’re the only one fearing that w’re going to have a ton of de-committments even though if it didn’t happen last then it’s definitely not happening this year.
Just curious, why would this year be less likely to see de-commitments than last year? This is assuming we don’t right the ship and go 9-3, even 8-4 if one of those wins can be Clemson or FSU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone in the x and o department can help me here. Is it TVD not throwing it to TEs or is it scheme?
The better question would be, what is the actual deal with Arroyo’s health? When McCormick is getting most of the snaps then no, you’re not going to throw much to an extra offensive lineman. That and as talented as Williams might be he’s still a true freshman which means on average he’s not getting a lot of play calls meant for him now.

The better question would be, what is the actual deal with Arroyo’s health? When McCormick is getting most of the snaps then no, you’re not going to throw much to an extra offensive lineman. That and as talented as Williams might be he’s still a true freshman which means on average he’s not getting a lot of play calls meant for him now.
Im assuming they want TEs that can do both like Bowers. If you cant block well you arent playing and I am ok with that if thats the case

Agree. It's probably a little of both. I say that because it's not like the TE's don't go out on patterns.....they run routes...they just don't get the ball.
Have to go through your reads man. We have thrown it but it was off a second read, vs TAMU he threw it but it wasnt his first option

Advertisement
Have to go through your reads man. We have thrown it but it was off a second read, vs TAMU he threw it but it wasnt his first option
The problem isn't our tight ends. The problem is our QB has a safety blanket that even when heavily covered he defers to. That would be x. Let's not forget Tyler has said he has complete authority at the line. He goes where he's comfortable. Is what it is.

I know you're hoping for a ton of de-commitments because it'll align with your agenda but it aint happening
My agenda?

My agenda is for Miami to be relevant again. You think the current product + recruiting class indicates substantial progress worth 8 million a year?

I didn’t say fire the guy, but if a 3-7 record in conference play doesn’t signal alarm bells, then you’re brain dead. I’m sorry you can’t take constructive criticism.

Last edited:
The problem isn't our tight ends. The problem is our QB has a safety blanket that even when heavily covered he defers to. That would be x. Let's not forget Tyler has said he has complete authority at the line. He goes where he's comfortable. Is what it is.
You can’t blame him it’s Mario’s fault. TVDs triangle button must be broken.

Advertisement
My agenda?

My agenda is for Miami to be relevant again. You think the current product + recruiting class indicates substantial progress worth 8 million a year?

I didn’t say fire the guy, but if a 3-7 record in conference play doesn’t signal alarm bells, then you’re brain dead. I’m sorry you can’t take constructive criticism.
Let’s come back to this in December. Recruits aren’t jumping ship in October. Go take your meds and try to stay off of CIS for an hour or two. I know it’s hard for you

This isn't hard people. TVD had no issue throwing to TEs when he had Mallory. He threw to Arroyo when he played last year and year before.

Cam is a blocker. Williams is a frosh who he doesn't trust yet(bad drop in GT game).

When Arroyo plays more he will get touches.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I don't expect to ever see that dude play. Could be wrong, but I'll believe it when he plays in an actual game.

Yup…Restrepo is a very good player for UM. But TVD does seem to have tunnel vision at times.

Advertisement
Back