Bishop Gorman Star Tight End Elija Lofton Commits to Miami Hurricanes

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah Yeah Yeah I know yall going to yell at me but im still going to say it. Im thinking this kid needs to make that move to defense and do that Micha Parson type thing. tell me he dont have that chit in his DNA. I mean Micha was a rb in hs and had to be talked into moving to defense. Im al, for just get him here and figure it out. We are in no need of tight ends and will probably never be. But This kid on defense just will create havoc and be a total pain in the ***. Thats my 2 cents for tonight.

Advertisement
to be honest, i still need to see us use the TE in the passing game ... no complaints on dawson as he's been that **** ... but we haven't used the TE at all
You don’t think that the lack of using TE’s in the passing game has been severely impacted by Arroyo’s unavailability?
Our current TE’s are a 6th Olineman, albeit a very good one, and a true freshman, albeit a very promising one.

You really think if Arroyo was starting we would have used the TE so infrequently in the passing game? So maybe, just maybe, the decision to not use the TE in the passing game is being determined by current personnel.

You don’t think that the lack of using TE’s in the passing game has been severely impacted by Arroyo’s unavailability?
Our current TE’s are a 6th Olineman, albeit a very good one, and a true freshman, albeit a very promising one.

You really think if Arroyo was starting we would have used the TE so infrequently in the passing game? So maybe, just maybe, the decision to not use the TE in the passing game is being determined by current personnel.
'Saving' the TE's for ACC play!

This kid could be like that guy that Lincoln had at Oklahoma. Was an h back type. Number 24 or something. Caught passes. Blocked. Do it all guy

i find it hard to believe that williams has progressed well enough to earn PT and hold his own blocking, but hasn't had a situation schemed up for him ... again, dawson has been the **** thus far ... but we haven't worked the TE situation ... and i find hit hard to believe that coming off almost a year lay off we suddenly start doing so because arroyo is back

Advertisement
c7011cca87ae73682127e0aea5af6d4c.jpg

Advertisement
This kid is going to be really good but next year Riley about to put the country on notice.
Riley has been looking like a matchup nightmare… I’ve gone back and watched a few games and even with my untrained eye hes been open plenty for “chunky” plays

Idk if it’s gonna start to show later in the season when teams are going to double X and we need another middle of the field target

Any fear of losing this kid? I imagine other teams are having field days negative recruiting - “do you really want to go to Miami where you’ll be lucky to get one pass thrown to you and you’ll be blocking all game long?”

Any fear of losing this kid? I imagine other teams are having field days negative recruiting - “do you really want to go to Miami where you’ll be lucky to get one pass thrown to you and you’ll be blocking all game long?”
No. You’re the only one fearing that w’re going to have a ton of de-committments even though if it didn’t happen last then it’s definitely not happening this year.

Advertisement
Back