Bishop Gorman Star Tight End Elija Lofton Commits to Miami Hurricanes

View as article
I said it earlier in this thread that he's gonna be another Fletcher-like hammer outta the backfield in addition to what he brings to the TE room.

I know @gogeta4 made the Larry Centers comp(a great comp might I add) but Lofton also gives me Marcel Reese vibes when he was cookin' for a few seasons with the Raiders...
Like bruh how tf does @gogeta4 come up with that comp? That's perfect but to think of that dude is impressive.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ric Flair Wrestling GIF by WWE

Nice release from the line and catch

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
People compare him to Brevin but I think he’s a lot better. Our TE room gonna be ridiculous the next few years.
Brevin is in the NFL so let's slow down a little. Brevin is a legit 6'3" 245lbs TE. Elijah is shorter, not as big and slower. Yes, Elijah has upside and enjoy his HS game. He probably translates better as HBack at the next level.

Much like Reuben Bain, the only reason this kid isn’t pushing 5 stars is because of his height. He’s basically a 6’1” TE in a day where tight ends are 6’4” and up. I’m curious how his game translates to the next level. He’s a good athlete and he can catch the ball really well but you’re not going to get that size mismatch with a safety down the seams that most teams use their tight end for. I’m scared we’re just going to turn him into some kind of fullback.

Advertisement
Back