Billboard....

Nobody of any importance is sold on Manny - believe that. He has zero slack.

People here talk about the BOT like they know what’s actually going on. They don’t.

The disgust is palpable regarding last season. You don’t realize how hot Manny and Blake’s seats are. The “football” BOTs and big boosters were in open revolt just a few weeks ago...which is why some were pushing for Zo...because they wanted change NOW.

In the end, we all know that the die is cast for the 2020 season, nobody fires coaches this time of year - it’s not practical.

Save your billboard for the end of next season. If he ends up with some bullshlt 8 or 9 win record, with our schedule, that’s when to put the pressure on. Because clearly anything less than that and I don’t see how he doesn’t get fired, and an 11 win season or so, you really can’t fire him.

Or better yet, no matter the season next year, it’s time for Blake to go. But the billboard now, what the heck is the point?
This is absolutely true as I know it. The BOT guys who are powerful but haven’t always gotten involved as much with athletics, are woke and ****ed. Highsmith was an attempt to fix things and they were rebuffed. Powerful, wealthy people like that don’t like being rebuffed by essentially underlings.

Manny and Blake have no slack left after this upcoming season.

Advertisement
You honestly don't think it's possible that a former mayor has pull? Especially paying 4 million to hire Manny within hours, with his resume? As incompetent as Blake is, I don't know man.

Zero influence. Ex Mayor? LOL. Please. Nobody of any value is impressed with that.

if his dad was T Boone Pickens I might agree with you. He’s not. I’m not gonna slander his father, but believe me when I tell you he has no influence.

This is absolutely true as I know it. The BOT guys who are powerful but haven’t always gotten involved as much with athletics, are woke and ****ed. Highsmith was an attempt to fix things and they were rebuffed. Powerful, wealthy people like that don’t like being rebuffed by essentially underlings.

People just don’t get the level of anger and dissatisfaction that exist with people that have pull. And like you said, even with BOT‘s that are normally not even involved with football.

Part of the problem is people on this site form opinions, but they really don’t understand the structure of the board of trustees and their roles and level of involvement.

Last edited:
Zero influence. Ex Mayor? LOL. Please. Nobody of any value is impressed with that.

if his dad was T Boone Pickens I might agree with you. He’s not. I’m not gonna slander his father, but believe me when I tell you he has no influence.

Exactly. Manny Sr.'s political influence and South Florida "power" has been multiplied by about 10000% around here.

There are plenty of ways a mayor could have fattened the pockets of some of the BOT while in office with under the radar deals. If you're saying you know, then I'll believe you but my point still stands about firing after 2 years. FSU was an extreme outlier, no school does that after 2 years, outside of scandal. Especially Miami but if he fails again, I certainly hope they prove differently this time.

Advertisement
There are plenty of ways a mayor could have fattened the pockets of some of the BOT while in office with under the radar deals. If you're saying you know, then I'll believe you but my point still stands about firing after 2 years. FSU was an extreme outlier, no school does that after 2 years, outside of scandal. Especially Miami but if he fails again, I certainly hope they prove differently this time.

The dude has been out of office for over a decade now. Not to mention that Mayor of Miami is misleading power-wise when Dade County has its own "mayor" and then other local "monied" areas like Miami Beach and the Gables have their own governments too.

I'd be more inclined to think people are onto something in always mentioning Manny Sr. if this area was setup like an older city where the mayor does have a ton of power over an entire actual city.

Advertisement
Guys, we’re getting sidetracked.

The billboard or the money, where is it?

In short, billboard is not up but gofundme is still active so funds likely still in that associated account.

Long version for those not wishing to dig through this and other posts here are cliff notes
1. Idea for billboard gets thrown around, gofundme is started;
2. Original price quote, location, message, and billboard company are all confirmed but then all get changed for a multitude of reasons;
3. New price is met, new location, message and billboard company is selected, everything is good to go;
4. New billboard company allegedly sends email saying plug is pulled by management team due to complaint of another company.
5. Radio silence as conspiracy theories fly that UM is monitoring CIS and stonewalling free speech.

Think that sums it up....

Some guy allegedly contacted the FBI, IRS and PD about this claim lol but I do know gofundme has a full refund guarantee if the money is squandered on a purpose aside from what the money was being raised for.

You honestly don't think it's possible that a former mayor has pull? Especially paying 4 million to hire Manny within hours, with his resume? As incompetent as Blake is, I don't know man.

I think he had and has zero impact or power to influence.

Advertisement
In short, billboard is not up but gofundme is still active so funds likely still in that associated account.

Long version for those not wishing to dig through this and other posts here are cliff notes
1. Idea for billboard gets thrown around, gofundme is started;
2. Original price quote, location, message, and billboard company are all confirmed but then all get changed for a multitude of reasons;
3. New price is met, new location, message and billboard company is selected, everything is good to go;
4. New billboard company allegedly sends email saying plug is pulled by management team due to complaint of another company.
5. Radio silence as conspiracy theories fly that UM is monitoring CIS and stonewalling free speech.

Think that sums it up....

Some guy allegedly contacted the FBI, IRS and PD about this claim lol but I do know gofundme has a full refund guarantee if the money is squandered on a purpose aside from what the money was being raised for.
The people calling it a scam likely never donated.

Advertisement
The money is shoved in the *** cracks of Cinnamon and Luscious at Scarlett's. The billboard is alive and well in our collective imaginations.
This is the truth we need, not that PG-rated “the money is held in a GoFundMe escrow” bullshyt that makes no sense in light of the alleged receipt from the billboard company.

So the smart people who knew it was a scam are the bad ones for not donating?
First, nobody knows it's a scam, there are some people who think it is because there's no billboard yet. These people also think Amazon took their money until the package shows up.

Second, who said anyone was bad? Perhaps overly skeptical and too pessimistic, but only trolls are bad.

That pussoir Jizz77 is dumbvoting what I know for a fact. I love seeing you exposed for the douche bag you are.

@John77, eat a dîck. You don’t know who I know or what the relationships are. Keep scratching your âss and sniffing it, Jizzhead loser. Oh, while I have your attention:

D2E10EE3-CE8E-4657-BC5A-707119143847.gif

Advertisement
Back