Bill Belichick

Bill was the GM & in complete charge of player personnel & scouting.

Every player drafted & signed by the Pats was hand selected by Bill for the last 6 years.

Take a look at their roster & take a look at their drafts over that time, there's your answer as to why he's not getting hired by any team this season.
Per Robert Kraft, bill was given 100 percent control around the 2nd / 3rd Super Bowl. To say he didn’t draft well from 2001-208ish is disingenuous.

He’s not getting hired because he’s about be 72 and is going to completely gut an organization and build it in his image for 3 years max which history has shown no one besides bill can successfully operate in that type of environment as the head guy.

The only fair criticism of bill is his coaching tree…which does include Nick Saban. Bill develops great position coaches and coordinators…probably better than anyone in NFL history. He doesn’t develop head coaches which was probably done on purpose. It wasn’t until Josh’s last year or two with the pats that bill started grooming him for a head coaching role. Same with Mayo this year.

Anyone trying to argue the guys not a good coach is flat out idiotic. Is he old school in the way he structures an organization…yes…but that guy can coach any position group better than 99% of other coaches.

Advertisement
As much as people talk about Shula falling off, he was 39-25 over his final four years.

A much better finish than the disgraced cheater.
1706979177306.png

BILl BeLiChICk SuCks

Bill was the GM & in complete charge of player personnel & scouting.

Every player drafted & signed by the Pats was hand selected by Bill for the last 6 years.

Take a look at their roster & take a look at their drafts over that time, there's your answer as to why he's not getting hired by any team this season.
Can not imagine a single owner-front office not wanting the man as a COACH.

But the minute he wants "to pick the groceries"...whoa whoa whoa, wait a minute there, playa... *pulls up drafthistory.com slash New England Patriots* and shows him that evidence that precludes him from grocery picking.

How Bill saw his image of the Patriots versus what he turned the Patriots into

5aa6ab004177f989058b4618

Per Robert Kraft, bill was given 100 percent control around the 2nd / 3rd Super Bowl. To say he didn’t draft well from 2001-208ish is disingenuous.

He’s not getting hired because he’s about be 72 and is going to completely gut an organization and build it in his image for 3 years max which history has shown no one besides bill can successfully operate in that type of environment as the head guy.

The only fair criticism of bill is his coaching tree…which does include Nick Saban. Bill develops great position coaches and coordinators…probably better than anyone in NFL history. He doesn’t develop head coaches which was probably done on purpose. It wasn’t until Josh’s last year or two with the pats that bill started grooming him for a head coaching role. Same with Mayo this year.

Anyone trying to argue the guys not a good coach is flat out idiotic. Is he old school in the way he structures an organization…yes…but that guy can coach any position group better than 99% of other coaches.
1. Show me where I said anything about his Coaching ability

2. 2001 - 2008, was 16 years ago. What's his drafting looked like since then?

3. Why have his teams completely fallen apart without Tom Brady?

Advertisement

Something is definitely up. The Falcons just hired Raheem Morris instead of the 6-time Super Bowl winning GOAT NFL coach.

It’s not like Morris is some up-and-coming coaching star. Bucs fans know. Dude has already shown that he most likely doesn’t have it as an NFL head coach. Crazy thing is that he was already the Falcons interim HC back in 2020 and didn’t exactly pull an Antonio Pierce.

Bill Belichick just isn’t in demand. When they’re falling all over themselves to hire Jim Harbaugh and when they’re even hiring retreads like Morris, what else can you say?
Washington hired Dan Quinn, who Morris took over for as interim head coach in Atlanta.

I’m not sure Quinn or Morris are bad hires. As a Bucs fan, I think Morris was hired way too soon in his career. I don’t think he had been a coordinator before. In fact, I think he was promoted to defensive coordinator when Monte Kiffin left, only to be promoted to head coach a month or so later, when Gruden was fired. Too young too early. Maybe the same for Quinn.

Falcons and Commanders fans will find out.

Bellichik has always been, for better or worse, a control freak. It is who he is and this goes back to his days as the Browns' HC. But he has always been a great coach. The problem I have with him is similar to what you see with alot of aging coaches: Nepotism. This last staff at New England he had two sons plus 1-2 friends of sons sharing coaching duties. It's no different than what you saw with Don/David Shula, Bobby/Jeff Bowden, Mark/Jon Richt and the Ferrentz family. As great as Bellichik is, I wouldn't want him coming into my franchise trying to set up his kids for succession. These are sports franchises, not a neighborhood pizza joint.

Last edited:
Bellichik has always been, for better or worse, a control freak. It is who he is and this goes back to his days as the Browns' HC. But he has always been a great coach. The problem I have with him is similar to what you see with alot of aging coaches: Nepotism. This last staff at New England he had two sons plus 1-2 friends of sons sharing coaching duties. It's no different than what you saw Don/David Shula, Bobby/Jeff Bowden, Mark/Jon Richt and the Ferrentz family. As great as Bellichik is, I wouldn't want him coming into my franchise trying to set up his kids for succession. These are sports franchises, not a neighborhood pizza joint.
The history of nepotism is not pretty, but likely not the undoing in New England. Belichick is/was a control freak, though for years relied heavily on top front office staff. The Patriots’ brain trust steadily got drained as 3-4 of his key people left for GM jobs. The real head scratcher, though, was two years ago pairing Matt Patricia and Joe Judge to run the offense.

The history of nepotism is not pretty, but likely not the undoing in New England. Belichick is/was a control freak, though for years relied heavily on top front office staff. The Patriots’ brain trust steadily got drained as 3-4 of his key people left for GM jobs. The real head scratcher, though, was two years ago pairing Matt Patricia and Joe Judge to run the offense.

Yes, head scratcher for sure why Patricia and Judge as OCs. But this is where his old-school ways came out as alot of the old-timers believe a good football can coach anywhere. Paterno used to do the same with his assistants [insert joke].

Also good points regarding his personnel people moving on. Similar stuff occurred with Shula after GM extraordinaire Bobby Beathard left Miami to build the Redskins into a very successful team.

Advertisement
1. Show me where I said anything about his Coaching ability

2. 2001 - 2008, was 16 years ago. What's his drafting looked like since then?

3. Why have his teams completely fallen apart without Tom Brady?
My bad man, mistyped. Meant to say 2018.

In terms of the team falling to ****…there is a documentary coming out soon about all the drama going on behind the scenes. I can say, up here the word is that the krafts were tight with the wallet recently.

The team has fallen apart for a lot of reasons. It’s a long winded discussion. It’s a combination of the krafts being impatient, belichick being impatient.

I think everything fell apart because everything was built for Tom and bill with zero wiggle room. If they’re guilty of anything they built it to be inflexible and not quickly to adapt. But their model worked.

My bad man, mistyped. Meant to say 2018.

In terms of the team falling to ****…there is a documentary coming out soon about all the drama going on behind the scenes. I can say, up here the word is that the krafts were tight with the wallet recently.

The team has fallen apart for a lot of reasons. It’s a long winded discussion. It’s a combination of the krafts being impatient, belichick being impatient.

I think everything fell apart because everything was built for Tom and bill with zero wiggle room. If they’re guilty of anything they built it to be inflexible and not quickly to adapt. But their model worked.
THEIR DRAFTS HAVE SUCKED...THATS WHY IT FELL APART. LOADED TO THE BRIM WITH PICKS AND BUM AFTER BUM AFTER BUM, NO MORE BRADY TO MAKE UP FOR IT. HIT ON SOME MIDDLE ORUNDERS THOUGH BUT NO DIFFERENCE MAKERS IN LIKE 4 OR 5 DRAFTS

THEIR DRAFTS HAVE SUCKED...THATS WHY IT FELL APART. LOADED TO THE BRIM WITH PICKS AND BUM AFTER BUM AFTER BUM, NO MORE BRADY TO MAKE UP FOR IT. HIT ON SOME MIDDLE ORUNDERS THOUGH BUT NO DIFFERENCE MAKERS IN LIKE 4 OR 5 DRAFTS
Drafted more future NFL head coaches than 1,000 yd WRs. No Brady and no Ernie Adams, I would probably pass on ol Bill at this point.

Advertisement
Belichick is an overrated cheater. He was 83-101 without Brady. That's a 184-game sample size without the GOAT. He sucked.

Cleveland was a top franchise when Belichick got there. Made the playoffs five out of the six years prior to his arrival. He made them a loser.

He went to New England and inherited a Pro Bowl QB in Drew Bledsoe. Went 5-11 with him. And he was 0-2 before Brady took over and started the dynasty.

Don't tell me Belichick built a championship organization. The second Brady left, New England became a losing organization and Tampa Bay, which hadn't made the playoffs in 12 years, became a champion.

People say he made Brady. How? He's not a QB coach like Bill Walsh or Andy Reid. Every QB he touches gets worse. The fans point to Matt Cassell and Jimmy G. Matt Cassell made the playoffs when he left Belichick for Andy Reid. He couldn't do that in New England. Jimmy G made a Super Bowl. Bledsoe made a Pro Bowl after leaving Foxboro.

On the other hand, Belichick's assistants failed everywhere they went. There was no Patriot Way. There was Brady.

And this doesn't even get into the systemic cheating. Belichick is an overrated fraud and a swindler. As a Dolphins fan, I'm just sad he's moving on and Tua doesn't have two automatic wins on the schedule anymore.

1707010671902.gif

Yea…. And u used statistical data and facts to back up your take. ****.

Respectfully, so does your subjective assessment of his recent draft classes make him a bad head coach?

Bills been to more super bowls (9) than the dolphins have won playoff games (0) since 2001.

2023 draft class was pretty **** good

Last edited:
Mario should bring him in as an analyst (uh, you know, the Alabama way of doing things :LOL:)

Advertisement
Every dynasty comes to an end and I don’t remember one that ended in good terms, people that are doubting Belichick right now either have a PTSD from years of beating and winning Super Bowls or do not count the fact the game, at 70 years old, has surpassed him. Which is perfectly natural.

Dolphins fans, above all, should have the grace to shut the **** up imho. You’ll never reach that success in your lifetime (nobody will).

For the record: I don’t have a horse in here since I do not support any NFL team.

**** Belichik-I hope he never breaks Shula’s record-

Shula couldn’t stand that cheat-

Brady was definitely more responsible for the great success they had-

For such a genius look at his draft selections he was absolutely atrocious in evaluating personnel-

Go visit Jimmy in the keys Bill or just retire.

Advertisement
Back