Biggest loss due to grades in recruiting history

WW is the best recruit we’ve ever signed PEROID. If he had been a few years before his time and played under Butch he would’ve been well on his way to becoming a hall of famer. Kyle Wright was a product of bad coaching and several different OCs. He had all the physical tools to be special.
DJ Williams says hello.

Advertisement
It didn’t have anything to do with grades, but I still believe the biggest recruiting loss we’ve ever had was losing Patrick Johnson, aka Patrick Peterson to LSU in the final hour.
I still have nightmares about that to this day...he was ridiculous at LSU and is a HOFer. Thanks Big Conch/RJHustle1936

Advertisement
See Shannon...He completely misused WW....Everytime Willie was in a UM game, he made plays....
Yes but WW couldn’t function within any sort of team/societal structure, he was always destined to fail. Those type of kids are straight up coach killers, they constantly fvck up but all the fan base sees is the occasional big play and their recruiting rankings

Yes but WW couldn’t function within any sort of team/societal structure, he was always destined to fail. Those type of kids are straight up coach killers, they constantly fvck up but all the fan base sees is the occasional big play and their recruiting rankings
Nope....not buying it. Occasional big play??...every time he was in a game at UM he made huge plays. Shannon hindered WW more than WW did himself....Schiano and Butch would've made him an AA. If you could handle Nate Webster....WW would've been a day at the beach in comparison.

Nope....not buying it. Occasional big play??...every time he was in a game at UM he made huge plays. Shannon hindered WW more than WW did himself....Schiano and Butch would've made him an AA. If you could handle Nate Webster....WW would've been a day at the beach in comparison.
You’re proving my point for me

Advertisement
See Shannon...He completely misused WW....Everytime Willie was in a UM game, he made plays....

Randy was too stupid or stubburn to know what he had on his own roster, let alone evaluating HS kids.

Arthur Brown was weird. Pulls a 5 star LB, throws him in his doghouse, transfers and is the All American LB everyone thought he’d be immediately.

It’s either poor evaluation or just unrelenting stubbornness, like the Hester situation.

Advertisement
Randy was too stupid or stubburn to know what he had on his own roster, let alone evaluating HS kids.

Arthur Brown was weird. Pulls a 5 star LB, throws him in his doghouse, transfers and is the All American LB everyone thought he’d be immediately.

It’s either poor evaluation or just unrelenting stubbornness, like the Hester situation.
I listen to people who were not only close to the WW Saga, but were close to WW. @Brooklyndee was both. I'll take it to my grave, that if WW came to UM from 95-2000...he'd have atleast been All conference, and quite possibly an AA. Butch's 95-2000 teams had a plethora of crazy MFers...some that made WW look like an Angel in comparison.

The late Al Cotton signed with Miami back in 1991. A 6'6 DE from Dallas. Turned his back on Texas A&M and head coach R C Slocum who were a recruiting force. Failed to qualify and went the juco route. Matriculated at Miss st under Jackie Sherrill where he became a starter.
Now thats a name from the past at the time i think there was only two recruiting publicatios at that time …super prep and blue chip illustrated…I still remember his photograph

Advertisement
Not even close. WW's had talent, but nobody could seem to bring it out of him in college. If he was the best recruit ever signed, he would've had a much better career under whatever coach. Future HOF'ers don't wash out like he did.

Kyle Wright was a classic case of people getting caught up in the guy with the big arm. Cannon, but zero touch and accuracy issues all over the field. Like any player ever, he could've been better, but he was who he is.
You obviously never watched him… He was without a doubt in my mind the greatest defensive football player I’ve ever watched in high school and I’ll take that to the grave.

If he had played under Butch and not been a headcase he would’ve been a HOF LB no doubt in my mind. The threee best players we’ve ever signed IMO in this order:
1. Willie Williams
2. DJ Williams
3. Jessie Armstead

You obviously never watched him… He was without a doubt in my mind the greatest defensive football player I’ve ever watched in high school and I’ll take that to the grave.

If he had played under Butch and not been a headcase he would’ve been a HOF LB no doubt in my mind. The threee best players we’ve ever signed IMO in this order:
1. Willie Williams
2. DJ Williams
3. Jessie Armstead
Headcase??.....if you think WW was a Headcase, let me introduce you to Nate Webster, among others on those 95-2000 teams. Some of them make WW look like a Choir boy.

Advertisement
Back