Biggest/favorite message board overreaction

ghost2

Retired staff
Premium
Let's have some fun on Spring Game Eve - what's your favorite non-game day board overreaction?

I'll start: this was years ago, pre-CIS I think. We had a walk-on TE catch like 6 balls for 100 yards in the spring game and everyone was sure (for like a day or two) he was gonna earn a a scholly and start. Spoiler alert - he didn't.

Advertisement
1. Richard Gordon returning kicks and internet idiots thinking it was a good idea because he was big and fast and did it in HS once

2. Punter Brian Monroe being worked into the WR rotation and internet idiots thinking it was OK because he was black and had played WR in Middle School.

We got some special fans

Advertisement
Not preseason but I would also add the discussions over which RB Miami should take between Noel Devine, Antwain Easterling and Armando Allen. We then promptly ended up with none of them for varying reasons.. Those were some good "discussions"
Or who would be the best RB out of our stellar haul of Bobby Washington, Charlie Jones, Derron Thomas, and Andrew Johnson.

Advertisement
Let's have some fun on Spring Game Eve - what's your favorite non-game day board overreaction?

I'll start: this was years ago, pre-CIS I think. We had a walk-on TE catch like 6 balls for 100 yards in the spring game and everyone was sure (for like a day or two) he was gonna earn a a scholly and start. Spoiler alert - he didn't.
I mentioned it in another thread. He wasn't a walk-on though. It was Jimmy Sikora. I knew him personally. Coached against him when he was at Marathon. Only player we've ever taken from there I think. Good guy. His dad used to post on the old Grassy. I think Mercer and Robert Williams were hurt and Shockey hadn't gotten here yet so Jimmy was it at TE (he was a backup OT). Dorsey found him a few times and he had some nice diving catches. But yea that was it for his TE career. He may have gotten in on some goal line sets as a blocking TE IIRC.

Advertisement
The “were just a DT” away during D’Nofrio years was hilarious. Not only was it completely wrong but we also whiffed on just about every dt we went after which eventually turned into “can he play Dt?”

Advertisement
Ryan Williams on one knee not getting the week1 nod over Kaaya.

Sam Bruce basketball incident.

The conspiracy to keep AR15 on the bench with a career ending injury.

Lil "big boy" petes tantrum over jenn strawley not letting him roam free to slime up the place

Advertisement
Back