Big Time Quote From Banda

I didn’t say anything...btw I love Mike but lol at him being passed by Ed Reed.

Honestly, I think Ed was a better Pro than he was as a Cane which isnt a bad thing. But we are only looking at what he did as a Cane, ill take Irvin over him.

Advertisement
Honestly, I think Ed was a better Pro than he was as a Cane which isnt a bad thing. But we are only looking at what he did as a Cane, ill take Irvin over him.
If we’re talking Canes than Gino Torretta tops that entire list.

Advertisement
No one and I mean no one has been able to convince the sofla kids to commit to one school.
Bama hasn’t and neither has fspoo Clemson gated pedi state etc.
So why should Miami be able to?
How many recruits read this board and time after time read about how our team would be if we had ingraham Neal Stevenson jeudy ps2 Campbell hendo lucas etc etc.
we’ve been telling these kids for years now but they ain’t having it.
Maybe there are enough things in place as far as off the field to start convincing these local kids that this is finally coming together.
Beat fspoo and the gates and make a statement in the acccg or a New Years bowl stomping of a major p5 power and we might see some tony Montana type sht happening down here finally.

Thaiu Jones - Bell said Bama leads.

Kentron Poitier said his Bama offer made him freeze up to 247.

Marcus Rosemy is on his social media that Miami is a joke.

Henry Gray is up there loving Clemson and wearing their gear at camps

Marcus Dumervil said Bama’s offer is a game changer.

How many times do you need to see this? You know what’s even worse? We beat every single one of these schools when it came to offering them.
Unfortunately, it is quite apparent that it is bags that are making the difference. Consistent financial support by rabid fans (dem good old boys with deep pockets). It has virtually nothing to do with the competency of the staff or any other factors. Banging on our coaches when they clearly have one hand tied behind their back is ridiculous.

This whole system in CFB is seemingly so corrupt. At times in the past, even Houndstooth Hat was taken to task occasionally by the organization overseeing CFB. No longer. I think it is worse now than ever and that's why the superpowers keep getting stronger & getting away with it. Something has to change. The playing field is wildly uneven and the organization that's supposed to oversee these matters is....you guessed it...run by dem good old boys from the southeast. It is a total farce that has created a few superpowers while everyone else is either left swinging in the wind or must take significant risks to compete (risk of sanctions & scholarship reductions).

It would take the following to change things (among other things):

1) A single web site that is a central repository & privately collects evidence of pay for play in CFB. Fans could log in and enter data & evidence anonymously;

2) A single web site that controls a petition that all affected fans of CFB, their families and friends could "sign" online;

3) Presentation of overhwelming evidence (from #1 and #2 above) to major media outlets (as much as we dislike them, Yahoo Sports & others);

4) Massive public pressure; and

5) The involvement of the appropriate government agencies to investigate the obvious offenders and the organization overseeing them.

That is how you could effect change. Now, who has the time to create #1 and #2 above? With the use of message boards, word could spread of this like wildfire. A groundswell of publicly expressed outrage could lead to change.

If it doesn't happen, our beloved Canes will continue to operate at a certain disadvantage.

Advertisement
Dan Morgan was more acclaimed than Ray?
This. Guy was a monster in college and dwarfed any other LB we’ve ever had here.

Sad/amazing at how much history is forgotten
Monster awards and best player are not the same thing. I’d take ray lewis anywhere and everywhere at UM over Morgan. And i have huge respect for Morgan. But Ray Lewis is the best defensive player of all time, full stop. He left UM as a junior, and played when we were under sanctions, so it wasn’t acclaim era. Maybe if he had stayed for his senior season, he would have gotten his acclaim. I remember Lewis as a true frosh. He was just the best, most disruptive, playmaking tackling machine.

It cannot come down to awards because Roy Williams iirc got the Thorpe Award over Ed Reed, and Derrick Strait got it two years later over Sean Taylor. Both travesties. Neither Oklahoma kid was a better player. So acclaim is what it is. It isn’t proof of who was the best.

Now, when they name the entire award after you, like they did for Ted Hendricks, well, then you may have an argument to being acclaimed and the best.

Monster awards and best player are not the same thing. I’d take ray lewis anywhere and everywhere at UM over Morgan. And i have huge respect for Morgan. But Ray Lewis is the best defensive player of all time, full stop. He left UM as a junior, and played when we were under sanctions, so it wasn’t acclaim era. Maybe if he had stayed for his senior season, he would have gotten his acclaim. I remember Lewis as a true frosh. He was just the best, most disruptive, playmaking tackling machine.

It cannot come down to awards because Roy Williams iirc got the Thorpe Award over Ed Reed, and Derrick Strait got it two years later over Sean Taylor. Both travesties. Neither Oklahoma kid was a better player. So acclaim is what it is. It isn’t proof of who was the best.

Now, when they name the entire award after you, like they did for Ted Hendricks, well, then you may have an argument to being acclaimed and the best.
At least with Ed, Roy wasn’t no slug. 5* pro bowler etc...injuries slowed Roy the safety down ( he also played with Roy Williams the WR) . Derrick Strait over Sean was straight horrible though.

Wake me up when recruiting "national" wins us a ring

It did in 2001...Dorsey(Cali), Shockey(Oklahoma), Reed(Louisiana), McKinnie(NJ/PA), DJ Williams(Cali), Bibla(PA),Romberg(Canada), Winslow(Cali), Jarrett Payton(Illinois),Jamaal Green(NJ)...a good majority of our best players were "national" recruits for the 2001 team.

We need ballers from Florida sprinkled thru the defense....WR and RB....the rest can be found anywhere in the country....inlcuding Florida but their is talent across the country.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Obviously winning will help to improve both in-state recruiting & out of state. However it is always important to remember, The :neonu: is a national brand and it would be counterproductive for any HC @ MIA to not take full advantage of that. The 2 teams that played in the NC game this past yr, relied overwhelmingly on out of state recruiting to build their dominance. When filling out a roster, the best teams focus less on meeting specific quotas, and more on staying true to talent evaluations & assessments.

Let Bogle be the last time we have wasted. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result they say is what?

Really? And who might that be?

Ray is from Polk County which is South of the I-4
ST is from Miami
Irvin is from Fort Lauderdale

It's a mix.

Reggie Wayne and Ed Reed are from the state of Louisiana.

DJ Williams is from Cali.

McKinnie's from Jersey.

Advertisement

Reed was a 2x unanimous AA, co-defensive POY and had 21 career interceptions.

The premise of the debate is that there are plenty of guys whom are not from South Florida that can go on and have great careers and be great players.

Yes, Irvin, Taylor and Ray Lewis (who's not from South Florida) were great players. But probably more than half of Miami's household names aren't even from South Florida.

Didnt know that

But how does his career stats at Miami stack up against Ray??

Comparable. Lewis set the single season tackle record for MLB at 160. Morgan had a 150 tackle season as a sophomore. Morgan is the career tackle leader any position at 532.

Advertisement
Back