Big Time Quote From Banda

How’s it playing it out now or the last 12 years? Change is needed

Out of 85 schollies top to bottom...I like

40 tri county (maybe slightly higher, 50% or just below)
20-25 rest of state
20-25 out of state

As a nice little recipe

Last edited:
Advertisement
I couldn't read the whole thread. Someone earlier mentioned that staying home wasn't as cool as it used to be. There is always talk about "winning mom" but a bunch of these kids might want to get away from mom. (Alex Collins).

There is so much info out there. Going away to school is no longer as intimidating as it used to be.

Maybe the staff is tired of being the school that drives up the bag prices for these kids. SFL kids shouldn't be singled out either because Pickens and Haslewood played the game great this year.

They obviously won't stop recruiting the top talent but there comes a time when you can't keep getting played. Someone like Bogle should've never been recruited after he picked Bama the first time. It was obvious he did not want to be here and was willing to go play for a man that didn't care about him until the last minute vs someone who he claims he had a special relationship with and gave him his 1st offer(Diaz).

Advertisement
TS didn’t fool him.

Per Ivins:

“The Hurricanes thought out of all the recent battles with SEC schools to land top local defensive backs the one for Tyrique Stevenson was one they could actually win. Ephraim Banda however protected himself by secretly recruiting Bubba Bolden knowing that there was a chance Stevenson could burn him in the end.”
👌 I believe that lol.

"We're going to start looking a little broader," he said. "If a young man wants to play around, then fine. We are going to find the ones that want to be here badly."

Looks like the South Florida Divas aren't going to get the preferential treatment anymore. I love this attitude change.
Sounds like a guy whose girlfriend hasn’t been home in two days, and he’s planning to write her an angry letter.

How about, just win and do you job, rather than whine about the kids who noticed you werent doing those things?

The irony is, from Pannunzio to Stoutland to Cristobal, UM COACHES have been happy to go to Alabama, and folks shrug and say they’re just bettering themselves. But when kids do it, it’s called bad names.

Or how about this? If you're a recruit and you're not interested in Miami because they went 7-6, say "no thanks, I'd prefer to play for a school that had a better record" and not pretend you're going to sign there?
That’s just not how life works. The kids want to listen. They grew up here. But then they think. Not their fault UM’s administration hired for incompetents as head coaches since these kids were born.

Advertisement
Some people on here are such ridiculous extremists.

I guarantee Banda wasn't implying they are going to stop recruiting South Florida and only a complete idiot would think that from that quote.

Of course we want to continue to recruit down here. But was has to stop is the ridiculous nonsense guys like Bogle, Jobe, Stevenson and some others have pulled here over the last few years. At some point you have to draw a line in the sand with recruits and let them know we will be patient as they wade through this important process but the trolling has to stop.

In my opinion the mindset that we are a fallback, Plan B or just the other hat on the table for kids to ignore has less to do with wins and losses than it does with the perception that we're willing to be taken for a ride every year.

We have to recruit with a mindest that we're going to find the best 25 guys in the country every year THAT WANT TO BE CANES. If all 25 are from Florida, then I'm all in with that. But if we have to look elsewhere to find them and at the same time stop getting played and diminishing the value of a ride from us, then I'm good with that too.
The ridiculous nonsense is that Banda recruited guys who werren’t interested, I guess. It’s not the job of kids to tell the staff not to recruit them. Our staff has to prioritize.

Advertisement
No, sir. Hopefully, we’ve wised up on the South Florida panhandling baggots and the **** leeches around them. Recruit the area hard, but be smart enough to sniff out the baggots early and cut bait. It never works out for us so why waste a ton of time with shytbags like Tyweak and Blowballz?

You guys who don’t realize how stupid it is to waste time with guys that message board posters sniff out quickly are too naive for your own good.
Fify

in the illustrious words of a former Hurricane....FINALLY

Advertisement
None of you guys are wrong.
Win, they come. But..... didn't that trasg school in the panhandle go 5-7 and got a top 15?

It's simple. Winning definitely is the key, but quit being left at the altar with ya **** in ya hand. Basically, if Sofia Vegara keeps stringing you around, but J-Lo wants the D, you fins jero getting played by Sofia or give J-Lo the D? Get the analogy?

I'm pretty sure a lot of this pandering to divas reflects the previous staff's recruiting process.

Also, some read too much into quotes. The U isn't abandoning SFLA in recruiting, that's just plain stupid. We are just tired of being Jobe'ed and Bogled.

Btw, i hope we beat THE **** out of the Zip, Summerall, Bogle and the rest of the Turds.

None of you guys are wrong.
Win, they come. But..... didn't that trasg school in the panhandle go 5-7 and got a top 15?

It's simple. Winning definitely is the key, but quit being left at the altar with ya **** in ya hand. Basically, if Sofia Vegara keeps stringing you around, but J-Lo wants the D, you gonna keep getting played by Sofia or give J-Lo the D? Get the analogy?

I'm pretty sure a lot of this pandering to divas reflects the previous staff's recruiting process.

Also, some read too much into quotes. The U isn't abandoning SFLA in recruiting, that's just plain stupid. We are just tired of being Jobe'ed and Bogled.

Btw, i hope we beat THE **** out of the Zip, Summerall, Bogle and the rest of the Turds.

What would be your recommendation for achieving this goal without better players?
Better coaching. Our players have been much better than our results for a long time. Hence why Um still has so many guys in the nfl despite sucking for so long. Sure, also avoid dead wood and empty spots on the roster. But that is about coaching effort primarily, as Manny is showing.

The idea is is hard to win 10+ games at UM in this era is an idea rooted in defeatist excuses, imo.

That's actually pretty spot-on, IMO, as far as what needs to happen, at least first. There will always be divas and egos and bags and what-not, but you can't sell 7-6 to the top athletes in this area. Win the Coastal consistently, compete for the playoffs more years than not, and that blue-chip ratio will start to improve.

I agree with this. Until we string together at least three 9-11 win seasons in a row, I can’t accurately gauge how we’ll recruit when our results are more leveled with our competitors. There is also an issue in Banda’s premise about “being played.” He can’t name specific recruits, but who would’ve he pointed to last cycle as someone who played us? The DE who took two official visits and countless unofficials to Miami or the 5* safety who had our recruiting coordinator’s former co-workers prematurely congratulating said coordinator for landing a big time recruit? I can’t imagine a world where we stop recruiting them early or not let them on official visits.

I don’t think Solomon, Nunn, or Ingraham fall under the “getting played” category either. We saw what happened when Golden thought he was being played with Denver Kirkland.

We definitely get played, but to what extent will his quote actually result in a change in strategy, especially with a greater south Florida talent pool in 2020 than 2019.

This feels like an empty sound bite

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back