Big Time Quote From Banda

Advertisement
What I'm getting from Banda's quote is that unlike previous head coaches at Miami, Diaz will not be passive with recruiting out of state talent while aggressively recruiting south FLA. He will be more aggressive on a national level. Which is what I would expect out of great coach. Tired of seeing us going hard after some 552nd ranked player in the country from Mia and not even offering any of the top 20 just because their from out of state. Diaz is a coach that thinks outside of the box, which is evident in the way he hit the portal. It's crazy to think that he would have tunnel vision in recruiting. It's not about ignoring south FLA, it's about not ignoring everywhere else while focusing only on South FLA. Get the best player no matter where he was raised..

"We're going to start looking a little broader," he said. "If a young man wants to play around, then fine. We are going to find the ones that want to be here badly."

Looks like the South Florida Divas aren't going to get the preferential treatment anymore. I love this attitude change.

About **** time

What I'm getting from Banda's quote is that unlike previous head coaches at Miami, Diaz will not be passive with recruiting out of state talent while aggressively recruiting south FLA. He will be more aggressive on a national level. Which is what I would expect out of great coach. Tired of seeing us going hard after some 552nd ranked player in the country from Mia and not even offering any of the top 20 just because their from out of state. Diaz is a coach that thinks outside of the box, which is evident in the way he hit the portal. It's crazy to think that he would have tunnel vision in recruiting. It's not about ignoring south FLA, it's about not ignoring everywhere else while focusing only on South FLA. Get the best player no matter where he was raised..
This is a 180 for Diaz because just before last year he was speaking the opposite tbqh. But this is good news nonetheless. Miami needs to start recruiting better in south Florida but also maintain a national presence too, those kids are attracted to Miami

Advertisement
This is a 180 for Diaz because just before last year he was speaking the opposite tbqh. But this is good news nonetheless. Miami needs to start recruiting better in south Florida but also maintain a national presence too, those kids are attracted to Miami
Diaz has shown great leadership skills including learning and updating your strategies. Regardless of what he said a year ago, love his current focus on not only south florida but the entire country.

Beautifully captured and 100% correct

I hear you. I really do.

All I'm saying is don't be so quick to cut bait.

Another thing I'm saying is if we start to do our part and win 10 games regularly, maybe there won't be so many "games" for these kids. There will ALWAYS be those 1-2 guys who leave. But if we stop going 7-6, more elite might be easier to reel in.
There are a few **** eaters every year who are straight bonafide baggots. We could win 10 games every year in perpetuity, and those baggots will leave for the bags. They’ve been pimped out by their sorry *** mommies since they were 7 years old. And it ain’t stopping because UM wins 10 games.

There are a few **** eaters every year who are straight bonafide baggots. We could win 10 games every year in perpetuity, and those baggots will leave for the bags. They’ve been pimped out by their sorry *** mommies since they were 7 years old. And it ain’t stopping because UM wins 10 games.

Absolutely. And there always will be those guys. But let's win ten games anyway. =P

Advertisement

Manny isn’t flawless but dammit he doesn’t like to make the same mistakes repeatedly. Love that quality.

Advertisement
The State of Miami existed no more once the internet and social media made the world a much smaller place.

Miami needs to look GLOBALLY (i.e. Down Under) for every athlete that helps the team win in a consistent and sustainable way.

If they come from SoFL, all the better, but not required.

Underrated post. Agree 100%.

Advertisement
But they kinda are though lol

I mean the majority of the kids we lead for in the 2020 class are from Florida & not a lot OOS kids have visted yet, obviously it's still early but how many non FLA players do you guys actually think we're going to start landing?

I'm not against recruiting OOS at all, I'm 100% for it, I just don't understand this narrative from our fans thinking there's going to be some big time Renaissance of OOS kids coming to Miami, there really won't be. We'll get a few here & there but most of the kids we recruit will come from Florida.

Generally I agree with you, LCE.

I think Banda's eluding to the fact that Miami wastes time on certain prospects that have way too much fun in the process where the ever going trend is that they're not coming. Sure, you shoot for the stars with a guy like TS. But for the Bogle's and Jobe's of the world, at some point, you have to move on. I doubt the staff would consider shunning South Florida altogether. But I think this is why you see such a high amount of offers going out now. They've finally realized that you can't put all of your eggs in one basket, then when said 5-star recruit commits elsewhere, start hitting up other guys late in the cycle. It sounds like they're willing to start keeping in touch with Plan B more, and will pull the trigger sooner rather than later in the cycle.

I don't have any connections in recruiting but I was 90% sure we weren't getting any of the South Florida kids who we were recruiting hard and hadn't committed to us by September. The only one I thought we'd get was Ingraham and he silently committed to Miami but flipped. Bogle, Stevenson, Battle etc all made us look foolish.

You recruit the South Florida kids hard, you pitch to them about staying home and being part of the Miami tradition. But if they aren't willing to make a public commitment by a certain date we need the staff to focus on out to state kids who would appreciate playing for Miami. Move on.

To OOS Kids It's seems to be more of a privilege to play for the U, these Miami kids act like its their right.

I'll give it up to Battle. He never seriously considered us and didn't exactly waste our time. Stevenson and Bogle royally screwed us.

Advertisement
Back