Big Time Quote From Banda

Zanecane

7th Floor Crew
"We're going to start looking a little broader," he said. "If a young man wants to play around, then fine. We are going to find the ones that want to be here badly."

Looks like the South Florida Divas aren't going to get the preferential treatment anymore. I love this attitude change.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It's about time we took the blinders off and started to recruit elite athletes from all over the country. We may not get but one, or maybe two, but You've still got to offer them. I remember looking at some elite out of state kids and every single one of them had a Bama, UGA, Ohio * offer, then I looked for that "U" and never saw one. That MUST change and I think Manny knows that obviously.

Advertisement
How about this approach?

Stop going 7-6 and maybe there'll be less "games" with the local elites.

Just a thought.

The product on the field is certainly important, but it isn't the only thing that matters, so yes, we can be better and also attempt to avoid being strung along. Look, it's recruiting, so as much as we and the coaches don't love it, they'll have to play along to some degree for elite kids that want to soak in the "love", but what the staff under Richt was bad at was having backup plans running concurrently to the primary recruitment. If that alone changes, that should yield better results in recruiting along with being better than 7-6.

Advertisement
How about this approach?

Stop going 7-6 and maybe there'll be less "games" with the local elites.

Just a thought.

That's actually pretty spot-on, IMO, as far as what needs to happen, at least first. There will always be divas and egos and bags and what-not, but you can't sell 7-6 to the top athletes in this area. Win the Coastal consistently, compete for the playoffs more years than not, and that blue-chip ratio will start to improve.

"We're going to start looking a little broader," he said. "If a young man wants to play around, then fine. We are going to find the ones that want to be here badly."

Looks like the South Florida Divas aren't going to get the preferential treatment anymore. I love this attitude change.
This needed to be said tbh and perfect that it came from Banda cause he’s the one who can say this and won’t get a negative reaction he gets it and I’m with Banda 100% dude knows these SFL kids **** around don’t play their game move on from they *** bet ya SFL recruits take notice y’all asses are replaceable

So we've officially given up our only historical recruiting advantage. Got it.

Let's see how it plays out.

Yeah good thing we won all those games in 2017 to help us land Jobe, Surtain, and Campbell

Oh wait....

Don't be emotional.

I think most here would have no issues with a top 10 class every year.

Plus, we ended the season on a 3 game losing streak (getting our asses kicked by Clemson).

We'll lose some kids every year. Always have. But we can't turn our back on what makes us "us". We start winning 10 games every year and making post season noise, kids will want to come here.

Advertisement
Back