Big ten refutes canceled season

Advertisement
Welcome OP. I spent 8 years in Kansas. When I was out there, Nebraska and Oklahoma were ruling the roost and I caught it from my small college teammates - not much SE US college ball to brag about until the Dogs got a Title in early 80s. Canes didn't get good till a few years after I got home - I wore out some long distance during those years calling back and letting them know.

Man that's a life changing move. I still loved it out there after slowly adjusting to the weather and constant wind of the High Plains. Like most anywhere, you can find some gorgeous women; the people are salt of the earth, but you won't find no saltwater there, which is why I threw my Master's degree to the wind and came home and got a Captain's License.

I actually hope they do cancel their season, it would be the stupidest thing they could & would effect their recruiting at a major level.

It would be great for us if just the SEC & ACC decided to play this year, it would even be safer from a Covid standpoint too in terms of regionally only having about 30 teams playing & traveling within a relatively small circumference.

Just imagine the impact it would have on recruiting for both the 21 & 2022 classes if only SEC & ACC played this fall.
Not only this, but there’s a good chance we may not have a widely available vaccine this time next year, so I could see schools that sit out 2020 sitting out 2021, too.

Welcome OP. I spent 8 years in Kansas. When I was out there, Nebraska and Oklahoma were ruling the roost and I caught it from my small college teammates - not much SE US college ball to brag about until the Dogs got a Title in early 80s. Canes didn't get good till a few years after I got home - I wore out some long distance during those years calling back and letting them know.

Man that's a life changing move. I still loved it out there after slowly adjusting to the weather and constant wind of the High Plains. Like most anywhere, you can find some gorgeous women; the people are salt of the earth, but you won't find no saltwater there, which is why I threw my Master's degree to the wind and came home and got a Captain's License.
ill move back one day. whats funny first day at work they told me just look at the wind blowing through the cornfields it kinda of looks like the ocean. every year i come back for vacation and go fishing to catch bullsharks and tarpon

Advertisement
Moved from Florida to Nebraska. Who does that?!
1597089794587.png

1597089827771.png

1597089847959.png

there will be football to much money is involved

Scott Frost says #Nebraska estimates $80-120 million hit if there's no football season,” ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg tweeted. “‘The biggest factor is if we don't play football, we're not going to be able to pay for anything here until we start making money again.’
“Frost says college athletes will get COVID-19 whether or not they're competing in their sport. ‘Is football the mitigating factor in the risk for players? … If our goal is to keep every single student-athlete in the country from getting coronavirus, we’re going to fail.’”

ill move back one day. whats funny first day at work they told me just look at the wind blowing through the cornfields it kinda of looks like the ocean. every year i come back for vacation and go fishing to catch bullsharks and tarpon

As long as bull sharks don’t catch you.

Advertisement
trust me i miss my home. but at the time floridas unemployment rate was at like 11-12 percent in 2011 nebraskas was like 1-3 depending on the month. i got hired right away. i had bills and a 6 month old at the time.
You gotta do what you gotta do. My bad justified

Advertisement
trust me i miss my home. but at the time floridas unemployment rate was at like 11-12 percent in 2011 nebraskas was like 1-3 depending on the month. i got hired right away. i had bills and a 6 month old at the time.
That's commendable.

Always got respect for a man willing to do what he's gotta do to take care of his family & handle his responsibilities.

Welcome to the board, I'm LCE.

Advertisement
cant be as bad as the time my wifes uncles invited me to a husker game downtown and said yeah wear your Miami gear.
This town literally runs on football. everything is husker even when football inst being played
The day you found out they really didn't like you.

It’s gonna be glorious to watch the NCAA crumble from all this.
If that's what it takes for real reform, I am all for it. Break it into a million pieces, sweep it up, and throw it in the trash.

It's time for something new.

Advertisement
Back