BIG TEN DONE

Advertisement
Guys answer this for me. So if the big TEN released their schedule last week and now they cancelled their season because of new medical information what could that possibly be. How come they aren't releasing that top secret new information to the rest of the general population. If its not safe for them to play why don't they warn these other conferences along with the NBA, MLB, & NFL to save them from the long term effects of this new information.
THEY ARE SCARED SHATLESS ABOUT GETTING THEIR ASSES SUED.

Plus, they're thinking of starting the season up around January/February, when flu season is at its height. Covid will not be addressed by then. They're going to have to punt on the season altogether. Kevin Warren (Big 10's commissioner) is a monumental failure.
And most of those places are under a foot of snow in January/February.

There will now be a ton of pressure over the next 72h for other conferences to follow suit. If we make it 'til Friday, I'll be cautiously optimistic. But still feels like a coin toss at this point.
Really seems like we're the linchpin. The Pac-12 knew they weren't playing even before they were making fake announcements about game dates and scheduling. They've just been holding out on announcing so they wouldn't be first once the rumblings from the Big Ten started.

If the ACC doesn't play and delays to spring then it's just going to become a waiting game for pride and image between the Big 12 and SEC to try to be the last to fold. They're not going to play a 2 conference season and the SEC isn't going to actually just play itself.

If you see actual ACC presidents start to double down on what that Dook doctor put out then there's a strong chance we'll get a 3 conference season in the fall....or at least the start of one.

Precisely the reason we don't necessarily need a more empowered NCAA but basically a Power 5 Athletics Commissioner. @Rellyrell had a great thread/rant about the joke that is the NCAA. This entire chaos and complete lack of any actual planning beyond just waiting until the last minute is horrible for the sport and college sports in general and should be the death knell for the NCAA as we know it.
I mean seriously, where the fūck is the NCAA in all of this? What fūcking good are they?

I realize the NCAA is basically the schools themselves, that is, an amalgamation of the top management/presidential/athletic leadership of the top universities, but you would think that a commissioner would provide leadership or at least attempt to.

This is no different than Roger Goodell, who works for the owners in the NFL, but at least he attempts a semblance of leadership whether you like it or not.

Emmert is completely MIA....not a peep.

The NCAA has been laid bare and exposed as a worthless bureaucracy. Emmert is nothing more than a third string mall security guard trainee. Worthless.

Advertisement
I mean seriously, where the fūck is the NCAA in all of this? What fūcking good are they?

I realize the NCAA is basically the schools themselves, that is, an amalgamation of the top management/presidential/athletic leadership of the top universities, but you would think that a commissioner would provide leadership or at least attempt to.

This is no different than Roger Goodell, who works for the owners in the NFL, but at least he attempts a semblance of leadership whether you like it or not.

Emmert is completely MIA....not a peep.

The NCAA has been laid bare and exposed as a worthless bureaucracy. Emmert is nothing more than a third string mall security guard trainee. Worthless.
10000%.

There will now be a ton of pressure over the next 72h for other conferences to follow suit. If we make it 'til Friday, I'll be cautiously optimistic. But still feels like a coin toss at this point.
The ACC/SEC/BIG12 are pretty conservative. Not sure they care tbh. They would be walking away from a TON of money despite having backing from most medical, political, local officials, players, families etc.. just in an attempt to appear PC.

Advertisement
Really seems like we're the linchpin. The Pac-12 knew they weren't playing even before they were making fake announcements about game dates and scheduling. They've just been holding out on announcing so they wouldn't be first once the rumblings from the Big Ten started.

If the ACC doesn't play and delays to spring then it's just going to become a waiting game for pride and image between the Big 12 and SEC to try to be the last to fold. They're not going to play a 2 conference season and the SEC isn't going to actually just play itself.

If you see actual ACC presidents start to double down on what that Dook doctor put out then there's a strong chance we'll get a 3 conference season in the fall....or at least the start of one.
Good take, agree.

I think the Big 12 is closer to canceling than the ACC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
College football 2020 with only the ACC and SEC? I'll take it. Ratings will be through the roof.

Edit: top two teams from each conference make the 4 team playoffs. Remaining teams play in an ACC vs SEC list of bowls.

You guys are assuming the ACC and SEC will play in the fall. Watch, they will cave and cancel their seasons as well. I don’t even have to mention the PAC-12. We know they will cancel.
The SEC is salivating at the ratings they will get not going up against the Big 10. Same with the ACC. You take away some major conferences, and you take away competition for ratings. The SEC won't back down, and I doubt the ACC does either.

Advertisement
Back