BIG TEN DONE

now this presents an interesting question. Can you crown a national champion this year without all P5 participating? I see our luck we roll the table and beat Clemson somehow and there’s no place to play the CFB championship.
My question was somewhat similar but different - If teams play in the fall will we crown a National Champ and if so and they do also play in the spring will they crown a second National Champ??? This whole thing is gonna get so stupid from a legal sense and it's already stupid now...
I just wanna see some Football and no one get really sick from it and I mean players and staff, That's all..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
now this presents an interesting question. Can you crown a national champion this year without all P5 participating? I see our luck we roll the table and beat Clemson somehow and there’s no place to play the CFB championship.
As I understand it the AP Poll always names a Champion no matter what the BCS.... ... CFB Playoff does as champion.

We can just add another AP Championship to our resume. No big deal.

I don't see how the spring is a viable option, won't most draft eligible players withdraw in preparation for the draft?
Then imagine how it looks to recruits and imagine playing a full season of football in the spring, and again in the fall.

Advertisement
My question was somewhat similar but different - If teams play in the fall will we crown a National Camp and if so and they do also play in the spring will they crown a second National Champ??? This whole thing is gonna get so stupid from a legal sense and it's already stupid now...
I just wanna see some Football and no one get really sick from it and I mean players and staff, That's all..
How can a team be the 2020 national champion if they didn't play a single game in 2020?

You guys are assuming the ACC and SEC will play in the fall. Watch, they will cave and cancel their seasons as well. I don’t even have to mention the PAC-12. We know they will cancel.

Advertisement
All the juniors and seniors will be going pro, what are they going to field a 45 to 50 man roster in spring time.

Zero point in doing this if the conferences aren't aligned. They are absolutely killing themselves. ACC, SEC, Big 12 are doing this right.
Precisely the reason we don't necessarily need a more empowered NCAA but basically a Power 5 Athletics Commissioner. @Rellyrell had a great thread/rant about the joke that is the NCAA. This entire chaos and complete lack of any actual planning beyond just waiting until the last minute is horrible for the sport and college sports in general and should be the death knell for the NCAA as we know it.

Advertisement
I wonder how they would define Spring as it is tough to practice and play in the snow and cold.

What about early enrolled 2021 recruits are the eligible for their spring season, this is a joke

Advertisement
Back